RocketLab Discussion Thread

Kryten

2 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I'll wait till it orbits, then I'll get excited *cough cough Falcon 1 cough cough*

They should name the ones that get to orbit after elements. This one, should it succeed, will be dubbed "Hydrogen."

But what happens after 118 successful flights if no more elements have been discovered?

On 12/1/2017 at 12:53 AM, Ultimate Steve said:

They should name the ones that get to orbit after elements. This one, should it succeed, will be dubbed "Hydrogen."

But what happens after 118 successful flights if no more elements have been discovered?

What happens is ... umm ... well, you better check it out for yourself. (The table of contents is rather long by now, the first H launches are at the bottom of the first post.)

1 minute ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Your whole school should be watching. This is mildly historical. :D

I'd love my school to do this, but again, its a special day on school (that would be hard to explain while not turning it into a flamewar). So it would be sort of, no. Also, the launch seems to be not during school time, but during the time i sleep.

(Off topic)

Friday for me is going to be pretty bad.

We have the first pep band session on Friday. Awesome! Those are fun.

It's my crush's birthday. Also awesome!

And we've got an Electron launch! YESSPACEISCOOL!!!!!!!!!

Except I'm going to miss most of all three of those because of stupid Driver's Ed which I cannot miss barring a tragedy. :(

@Ultimate Steve so.... just convince the pep band to play your crush “Happy Birthday,” then say you arranged the rocket launch just for the special day, then say you’d love to share it but you have to sacrifice and sit through drivers ed, because you want to be a thoughtful and responsible driver when you take your crush out. Either way, you come off looking smooth as flarp. :cool: