RocketLab Discussion Thread

Kryten

We just cant have anything new anymore, can we? All the experimental stuff that could bring us into the future just keeps getting pushed back... and yet Atlas can launch all it wants, what with its fancy track record and asymmetry and such.

Edited by .50calBMG

1 hour ago, .50calBMG said:

We just cant have anything new anymore, can we? All the experimental stuff that could bring us into the future just keeps getting pushed back... and yet Atlas can launch all it wants, what with its fancy track record and asymmetry and such.

Yup. So for the year so far that’s:

China: 4

ULA: 2

Japan: 1

India: 1

SpaceX: ...0.5...ish, Maybe?

Not a very auspicious year for NewSpace yet. ;.;

Edited by CatastrophicFailure
Sorry, Japan.

3 hours ago, .50calBMG said:

New Rockets means new systems that all need to be tested and ready for flight. If you launch too early and don't check and fix the systems you can increase the chance of failure. Stay patient!

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

New Rockets means new systems that all need to be tested and ready for flight. If you launch too early and don't check and fix the systems you can increase the chance of failure. Stay patient!

...when people tell me to be patient:

mzgQw.gif

I’ve got the yowl down pat & everything...

I'm fully aware of the fact you need to be cautious when testing new things, and I understand the delays for SpaceX. I'm talking about Still Testing, specifically that Murphy's seems to be especially strong around them, ie. that boat... flarp that guy.

6 hours ago, NSEP said:

UsKLjnx.jpg

If you look at the painting closely, I think you'll find that people are leaving the ferry. They probably got tired of waiting or suddenly discovered an inexplicable hatred towards watercraft.

Edited by Jaelommiss

1 hour ago, Jaelommiss said:

If you look at the painting closely, I think you'll find that people are leaving the ferry. They probably got tired of waiting or suddenly discovered an inexplicable hatred towards watercraft.

They didn't build the chunnel because waiting for boats made people relaxed and happy . .

Be patient anyway, the Electron will blow up take off, I meant, in its own sweet time.

4 minutes ago, cubinator said:

The International Date Line is mind-bending...what day is it in New Zealand right now? Sunday? Ok cool, I'll go look for the live stream.

well this one came out one minute ago:

so 25 minutes to window opening?

also this:

Edited by StupidAndy

Woohoo it’s live! Ten minutes, and I actually get to watch this time! :D

19 minutes ago, cubinator said:

The International Date Line is mind-bending...what day is it in New Zealand right now? Sunday? Ok cool, I'll go look for the live stream.

It’s tomorrow. Today is yesterday, launch is next Münday and I am a kumquat. :confused:

This is oddly quiet....