RocketLab Discussion Thread

Kryten

6 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Just a question. Is recycling a booster more environemntally friendly or the electron rocket is better?

Shut up, hydrazine and nitrogen tetraoxide.

Electron is still dumping trash into the ocean, but in all fairness, it’s a bloody big ocean. AFAIK, there’s nothing really nasty on the booster, kerosene and li-ion batteries would be the worst, the latter of which just ends up on the bottom. 

55 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Electron is still dumping trash into the ocean, but in all fairness, it’s a bloody big ocean. AFAIK, there’s nothing really nasty on the booster, kerosene and li-ion batteries would be the worst, the latter of which just ends up on the bottom. 

Indeed, better to deal with those container ships first.

2 hours ago, cubinator said:

Indeed, better to deal with those container ships first.

What about container ships? 
Note its some cargo capacity difference between shipping and orbital launches, an very high order of magnitude or you are not fat compared to Jupiter. 

Yes rockets is an so small business its not an environmental issue outside of local. This might change if scaled up a lot. You also have lobbying, then spaceX has splatted all their block 4 they might argue that discarding rocket stages is littering :)

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

You're two hours early. No delay.

cubinator,

The original launch time was definitely bumped when I made my post. I wasn't early, the launch was delayed.

vX2cnw0.jpg

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

19 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

cubinator,

The original launch time was definitely bumped when I made my post. I wasn't early, the launch was delayed.

vX2cnw0.jpg

Best,
-Slashy

I see the delay now on their website, I think 14:30 just looks like 12:30 and I didn't realize it had changed.