RocketLab Discussion Thread

Kryten

Not the flash of the SpaceX streams, but still a great launch.   Watching Tim Dodd's live stream, and He was using his mouse to point out things in the 2nd stage interstage.   I thought it was a fly that got trapped during assembly. 

1 minute ago, Gargamel said:

Not the flash of the SpaceX streams, but still a great launch.   Watching Tim Dodd's live stream, and He was using his mouse to point out things in the 2nd stage interstage.   I thought it was a fly that got trapped during assembly. 

Those gas tanks looked very familiar...I'm pretty sure I've got one back in the lab!

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Heh, like DM-2’s space mouse? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching the livestream myself, noticing that they never made the call-out for the battery swap and that then the telemetry showed decreasing altitude and increasing speed. I agree, not good prospects. Hope they can afford to the loss of this launch.

10 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

4th of July fireworks. I guess it's a replacement for all of the places that aren't doing them because of covid.

That hasn't stopped people around me, currently launching the big guns from residential areas.

42 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Speaking of which, Scott Manley had some interesting ones...

Yes then they talked about battery swap they was past Ap
Surprised me a bit as I assumed they both burned to gain speed and to raise attitude at once but they probably just pushed Ap ahead of them 

Edited by magnemoe

• 2 weeks later...