[Neo-BSG] [Development] Colonial Viper Mk II

Hello everyone, and welcome to my thread. The purpose of this thread is to chronicle my development of the best damned Vipers in KSP. I've seen a lot of VIper attempts over the years since KSP released...and while decent attempts, none of them ever looked quite right, So i set out to build the best, most screen-accurate ones i can muster. Be warned: I'll likely not ever be providing craft files, i'm doing this for fun, not proliferation. I am using quite a few mods, to get the desired results. I work on my own schedule.

Now, with that out of the way...

Here we have the first stable, mostly screen-accurate of my Mk II builds. the v.1 is an atmospheric-only flight demonstrator. It has dummy guns, the wings are a mashup(this will likely never change), and uses air-jets from a mod, for it's RCS system. I have a v.2 on the backburner, which i'll be outfitting with actual RCS thrusters, and engines that will work in space. When it's done, and can fly, i'll be sure to post it here. I put the v.2 on the backburner, because last week Richard Hatch (Apollo, from the original BSG) died. As something of a tribute, i'm building an original series Colonial Viper. I'll post that here as well. It's proving to be more of a pain than i had anticipated, but it's coming along nicely..

Now...for the pictures.

zMzoNkE.jpg

bvLW8Cd.jpg

kojhviI.jpg

RuCVy9R.jpg

KiX2xYW.jpg

4lxN1Hc.jpg

Edited by Numberyellow
tags added

• 4 weeks later...

So here's the Classic Viper i was working on. I have about 15 hours logged on the project so far. Build is complete, just needs a bit of flight tweaking, so it will handle properly, but the look isn't going to change, so here she is.

7TzrFs3.jpg

6Gpf8F6.jpg

oyRXmmZ.jpg

zOZ27c3.jpg

OzzURoM.jpg

Project dedicated to Richard Hatch - R.I.P.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.