Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

15 hours ago, LazySoUseHyperedit said:

Edit: Ohhh boy! With my main laptop out for the count, I turned to the family desktop... except that of course it is a 32 bit system (out of 2011!) This leaves KSP ~2.5 GB of ram to work with, and while it normally works (barely), it crashes everytime I load the Community file (probably because of all the ongoing flights). I've been making progress (I got to the astronaut complex!), but there is a chance I won't be able to get it to work.

Wow. Wonder how it would react to my main save. Maybe you could try lowering the texture resolution? In any case, good luck! 

3 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Wow. Wonder how it would react to my main save. Maybe you could try lowering the texture resolution? In any case, good luck! 

Did that, that's how I even got it to load :P, I'm going to try this "opengl" trick that was apparently popular before 64 bit was stable

13 minutes ago, LazySoUseHyperedit said:

Did that, that's how I even got it to load :P, I'm going to try this "opengl" trick that was apparently popular before 64 bit was stable

Hopefully that doesn't require a 64 bit computer. Maybe there's a mod that makes the game use even more low res textures than the lowest stock resolution.

Well shoot. I'm closing in on the station now, but when I switched to it to check my approach, well... The Kraken attacked. Single (I think.) explosion near the asteroid, no casualties as far as I know, but a crewed section is drifting off with the asteroid. I'll see if I can get that back once I've docked on. The Relay module is really flying off on it's own though.

Edited by Paaaad

Uploading the save now. @53miner53, you're going to want to prioritize getting the ship named "unless" back to the station as that has the four loose kerbals- the battery's are dead with no way to recharge them, and no way of getting there on there own save for EVA, but they do have a Clamp-o-tron Senior, so that should be useful. There is another class E asteroid about to leave kerbin SOI too, unless it's glitched into orbit, so that might be a secondary target. The KSS Relay craft has two standard size ports, so that should be recoverable as well, as should the remains of the asteroid grabber. Standards and Sr's on that one.

Edit: Upload complete.

Edit 2: 

Nothing too high quality, and it's rather long- more then two hours-, but here's the events of my turn.

Edited by Paaaad

Long story for my turn: damage control was attempted, and a module was launched for the station, but damage control which is still in progress includes modded parts and the module is still en route due to a lack of time on my part. I will dock the module and undock all modded parts from any spacecraft and upload the safe file tonight. Sorry I'm going over my time limit though. :(

Edit: uploaded the save file, part of the asteroid docking system should be on its way to the KSS(I had expected the actual asteroid though) the crew that was launched away is redocked, and my crew module is docked, and there is a semi stranded Columbia-LR due to a glitch that misaligned some parts. There are 3 modded crafts that will probably be deleted when @JK_Kerbineer loads it, so don't panic!

also, we may need someone to repair some modules with KAS soon, as a couple have lost docking ports which are luckily still attached to other modules

Edited by 53miner53

2 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

2 days left @kerbalstar

I'm sorry @53miner53 @Combatsmithen . My computer can't handle the load of the wonderful monstrosity that the community has created. When I get close to the KSS I get 1 game second for 2 or 3 real seconds. You can move on to @Combatsmithen .  Sory that I took a day away. I can upload the save if you want.

14 minutes ago, kerbalstar said:

I'm sorry @53miner53 @Combatsmithen . My computer can't handle the load of the wonderful monstrosity that the community has created. When I get close to the KSS I get 1 game second for 2 or 3 real seconds. You can move on to @Combatsmithen .  Sory that I took a day away. I can upload the save if you want.

It's ok, it's not your fault.

@Combatsmithen is up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.