Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

There is a mk3 fuel storages, the 3 clamp-o-torn seniors, the engine cluster connection part and then the crew cabins.

7 parts is ridiculously small, you need RCS to dock with a space station or else you would yave trouble trying to oreintate your craft to dock using a booster.

Leave mine as a exception, it's too late now and if you take mine out, after all this hard work, then I'll be angry with you. Also, I did not see the rule, hell I just read the rules and there isn't a 7 part rule.

Technically it's listed as a 5 part rule plus 2 clamp o tron seniors, but the point still stands. Someone else's module was in the process of being added to the station while you did your module, but they had read the rules, so I would like to politely ask you to add a module to the station that has 5 parts or less as well as 1-2 clamp o tron sr docking ports. For docking, I would recommend having a service module with RCS control, and using that to dock. 

this is looking cool!

For the seven part rule @Galacticvoyager, if you need RCS you should use detachable tugs like @Ultimate Steve mentioned. This means you can have 2 RCS tanks. with the RCS blocks attached to them, not the module, and after docking the module just jettison the two tugs so that you can have them either become debris or you/someone else can bring it back into the atmosphere so it will burn up.

Edited by nascarlaser1

2 hours ago, AHeroReborn said:

ooh, i amy need to restart as well because i have RCS on the station

We can have RCS on the station, so long as the module has 5 parts including the RCS and an additional 2 docking ports.

Edited by 53miner53

4 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Are things other than adding to the station allowed? I'm talking things like building bases on other planets, stations around them, and creating satellite networks.

Just my input here, I'm following the thread and may or may not end up contributing, but I think it would be pretty cool to do this, maybe with similar rules to the station, but with a bigger part limit, considering that less people are likely to add to a base on another planet/moon, or in another SOI? Not that my opinion carries much weight :P, I just think it'd be pretty cool... Maybe double the part limit for bases, but have a standard docking port height (to avoid docking difficulties) and two rovers (to perform the duties of tugs for new modules), and a rule that any landers must be removed, either from the tracking station before reuploading the save, or launched back into space and left there (artificial planet rings from debris are cool, right?) Just my two cents. Maybe also double the limit for stations in other SOI's (depending on the difficulty of a rendezvous?) Just a thought.

EDIT: Also, screenshots plez guys, I really want to see how cool all your additions to the station are, being too lazy to download the save myself... (at the moment)

Edited by Espresso

I think that is what the community space program does. I wouldn't be against the idea, but the challenge is already there so I don't think we should do that here. If that challenge dies out then I will certainly try to remember this idea and start it over here.

edit: turns out the community space program died out last month, so I'll add a Mun space station to the save file for people to add to once they've added to the LKO station. We will add other stations and bases one by one. 

Edited by 53miner53

4 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

I think that is what the community space program does. I wouldn't be against the idea, but the challenge is already there so I don't think we should do that here. If that challenge dies out then I will certainly try to remember this idea and start it over here.

edit: turns out the community space program died out last month, so I'll add a Mun space station to the save file for people to add to once they've added to the LKO station. We will add other stations and bases one by one. 

Sounds good, but maybe consider popping a few more stations and bases out there for the time being (just one or two maybe), just so anyone taking part has a bit of choice as to where they're sending a module. It's your choice, but I think that'd be pretty cool... Other than that, it's pretty cool to be adding bases slowly anyway :) (If you want, I might get a chance this weekend (or tonight, maybe) to whip up a core module and a few rovers for a mun base, so people can pick between moon base module and mun station module, and then I could send it off to the mun if you want.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.