Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

4 hours ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

Did it

Thanks!

@HerrCrazi I notice it's been a few days since you've been active (no worries, just saying) so if you're still OK with shuffling the order, I'd like to take Turn 63 to make my Mun station addition.

I'll wait to hear back, otherwise I'll grab the save and finish that pretty quick. 

UPDATE: I've got some time tonight, so if it's cool I'll go ahead and run Turn 63 now and re-post the save file. Didn't want to overlap with ya, just in case.

Edited by scottadges

Turn 63 is completed. I've re-uploaded the save file: "Kommunity Space Station Scottadges TURN 63.zip"

@HerrCrazi is up next for Turn 64, otherwise it's @Paaaad who's next after Herr.

Mun Station Solar Array (1 of 2)

With this one solar array on the Mun Station now, I'm thinking for visual/symmetrical sake that I'd like to put another on the opposite side. I'll sign up for a later turn to do that.

I also think there could be some re-org/adjustment with the Hab pods on the other side of the fuel tank. We could make that a little more aesthetically pleasing. :P

oAE8VSs.jpg

The launch and orbiting were uninteresting. I didn't even test the launch stage and my gravity turn was crap LOL. Here's the orbiting transfer vehicle with integrated docking drone ready for the Mun Station.

l0b809I.jpg

To dock this properly, I decoupled the drone and then flipped her around to connect with the shielded port.

Also, I loved this angle where Kerbin came around the corner. Had to take a "selfie". :D

MpD4fCY.jpg

Edited by scottadges

IMPORTANT !

I got a problem with my laptop which has KSP 1.3 installed, and I'm not able to use it right now (I forgot my charger in my flat :( ) The only KSP version I can have access to is an old 1.2.2 version on another computer.

So I won't launch the Docking node right now. Skip my turn for this time, I'll be able to complete it on Sunday evening (French time).

Sorry about this inconvenient :(@Paaaad is up !

Edited by HerrCrazi

Thanks @Paaaad I'll take a look and I think I'll do a crewed mission, just a basic ship that brings some Kerbals over to be stranded there forever support the station. :)

UPDATE: Confirming that I'm working on Turn 65. I'm actually adding the antennae modules (they're small) to the KSS Polar station. I'll do the Duna crew mission in a few turns.

Edited by scottadges

Turn 65 is completed. I've re-uploaded the save file: "Kommunity Space Station Scottadges TURN 65.zip".

I also updated the Waiting List doc showing @HerrCrazi up next for Turn 66. Hope you're good with your computer, if not you can go whenever you want/need to take your turn.

KSS Polar Antennae

Technically, I didn't follow the "1 module per turn" rule, except they're both small and symmetrically they make sense together. :P Apologies on that, but I think it makes the station look pretty good.

XNh6mG1.jpg

You can see highlights of the mission here:

Spoiler

Not much to say about the actual launch. Waited for the KSC to line up with the polar orbit, then launched towards 90o inclination. Probably a bit too much DV overall, but in Sandbox mode it's just easier having more than less .

VEXyPbJ.jpg

I'm really liking this 'Onion staging' approach for providing good fuel flow. At this point in the launch, the craft is already at ~125K AP. I really didn't need the extra stage (there is another Rhino engine under the next shroud).

YeYei3x.jpg

I used the larger shuttle-type thrusters attached to the lowest fuel tank (saw it in a very educational Matt Lowne video). It really helped provide the vectoring and overall thrust that I wanted. Plus I dig the blue/white exhaust colors.

v5EMZNK.jpg

This is becoming my favorite way to launch modules using these little grabber drones to "glide" into place once decoupled.

pm0bkhY.jpg

y6ITh1h.jpg

Once the drones are free, the arms of the frame decouples and is jettisoned into the black.

z72AZKq.jpg

These little guys make quick work of docking smaller modules. I noticed these ones didn't have solar panels, which could been a problem if docking was taking too long.

qU6RSHc.jpg

77koFca.jpg

Mission complete: Antennae for KSS Polar ready for service!

Edited by scottadges

Sorry, please skip my turn, I had a problem with my laptop and I'm no longer able to play KSP :(

I said it on Discord, however, the channel is not very busy these times... I'm sorry, I forgot to advert you here.

I'll come back later, I hope in less than a week. Go ahead with the stations without me for now. I'm really sorry of being disabled to play KSP as my laptop is broken (battery problem).

Sorry, please skip my turn, I had a problem with my laptop and I'm no longer able to play KSP :(

I said it on Discord, however, the channel is not very busy these times... I'm sorry, I forgot to advert you here.

I'll come back later, I hope in less than a week. Go ahead with the stations without me for now. I'm really sorry of being disabled to play KSP as my laptop is broken (battery problem).

Sorry about that. 

@kerbalstar is up!

Save is up. Unfortunately I glanced away at just the wrong moment and the Duna station is down two solar panels, but the node is on there now, giving two Sr ports, one at each end of the station, two standards, and two Jrs., the last two in pairs opposite each other. Also, I clipped 120 units of monopropellant into the 1.25-.625 adapters, but forgot to unlock them. Screenshots through the links below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwb7FrO1JMvydzF3OFFvTnZDRUU

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwb7FrO1JMvyNlFnTUs1bXJUaFU

@scottadges is up next.

Edited by Paaaad

Thanks, @Paaaad. I added the 2nd solar array to the Mun station. It was a quick mission, basically a re-run of a previous craft. I think the station looks pretty good now!

jqgURrM.jpg

I'm going to clean up the file and then re-post the save to the Google Drive.

Since no one else is up next in the waiting list, it looks like it's your turn again Paaaad

UPDATE: Turn 67 is complete. I've reposted the save file: "Kommunity Space Station Turn 67 Scottadges.zip".

I've also updated the Waiting List Document. Since there's no immediate name for the next turn, either Paaaad or someone else can go.

Edited by scottadges

11 minutes ago, Mukita12 said:

I'm gonna launch a 2nd Scientific Module and Some Supply Equipment (Like Custom EVA Jetpack and Some Fuel to Store on the tank) on KSS2

Thanks, Mukita. Just remember the 5-part rule (plus 2 more docking ports, max total 7 parts ) and only stock parts. 

For KSS-2, we're hoping to keep it more organized. Could you possibly post a screenshot of what you're thinking this would look like and where it would go on that station?

Just now, scottadges said:

Thanks, Mukita. Just remember the 5-part rule (plus 2 more docking ports, max total 7 parts ) and only stock parts. 

For KSS-2, we're hoping to keep it more organized. Could you possibly post a screenshot of what you're thinking this would look like and where it would go on that station?

yeah I use stock part and for the image i can't yet because i'm still building it 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.