Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

Hmm, I can take the save and dock it if that helps. I have MechJeb on my KSS install.

Go ahead and save the Community Space Station folder as a ZIP with the filename + Jhorriga Turn 61 and upload to the Google drive.

And don't forget to get one of the badges that @HerrCrazi made!

@53miner53 - Herr is up next for Turn 62, but I'll take a quick Turn 61-A in between to update with the docking.

Edited by scottadges

1 minute ago, Jhorriga said:

How do I get the badges and how to I display them on my profile?

Since you did the KSS-1, you can grab this image file: https://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/370248KommunitySpaceStationKSS1.png

Then go to Account Settings at the top-nav, then Signature. Copy/paste that image link in the open field, and voila. It'll show up on all your posts.

40 minutes ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

@53miner53 Would I be able to add a module to KSS 1 and 2? I know I am only supposed to do one, but due to me being busy when my last turn was up, I have added no modules yet.

I saw your notes in the Waiting List doc, thanks that helps with communication! To clarify, are you suggesting you need to do it this weekend? When you say "once the weekend is over" that (to me) implies you can't do it if your turn would be after Monday. Again, just making sure I understand.

We'll work it out either way :P Appreciate your helping with the station!

Edited by scottadges

2 hours ago, Jhorriga said:

Can't do it today. Ill do it on another turn.

Thanks, no worries. Just go ahead and put your name back on the Waiting List document when you'd like another go.

38 minutes ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

@scottadges Sorry if I was unclear, I meant the last day I could do it was Sunday, and I couldn't do it afterward.

If @HerrCrazi is OK with it, you can take the next turn. @JK_Kerbineer what were you thinking of adding to KSS--1? Looking forward to your escape pod (I re-read the Waiting List doc)

I'll update the Save File from Turn 60 on the Google Drive.

UPDATE: The latest save has been uploaded: "Kommunity Space Station Jhorriga Scottadges TURN 61.zip"

This combines Turn 60 and Turn 61. I added @Jhorriga's "Crew Arrow Mk3" craft in the SPH, but this save doesn't have that in orbit.

Edited by scottadges

26 minutes ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

One more question. Instead of having 2 Sr. docking ports, could I have one normal and one Sr. , and connect it to one of the docking port adapters( For aesthetics) ?

I think that would be fine. If you wanted to post a quick screenshot of your craft, that would give some context? But I don't think you have to limit yourself to only the Sr. Docking port.

Also, since its an escape pod, you may not even need two docking ports. For example, I put the small 2-Kerbal Lander Can Escape Pod on KSS-1 which only had a standard size docking port.

Edited by scottadges

40 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Also, since its an escape pod, you may not even need two docking ports. For example, I put the small 2-Kerbal Lander Can Escape Pod on KSS-1 which only had a standard size docking port.

I think I missed that detail somehow. 

I will definitely allow the one standard one Sr port. I’ve done that myself once, forgetting about that specific part of the rule. I probably should rewrite it.

Edit: done!

Edited by 53miner53

Hey there, it's me again. :blush: I'm really not trying to spam this thread... but I'm basically obsessed with Kommunity Space Station stuff the past week or so (and I have a ton of free time right now).

Anyway, here are some shots of upcoming modules I'm hoping to place on the various stations:

KSS Polar

Communications antennae (2) attached to the Docking Port Jrs. at the edges of the Hab Ring.

OzLh558.jpg

This would use a similar delivery & placement method (screenshot below) as the other components I added last week .

4DHQ1GB.jpg

Mun Station

Solar power array. To be docked off the 4-way docking ring. Might recommend 2 of these... we'll see.

2duSgsD.jpg

Minmus Station

Docking tower with grabber arms for various types of craft plus a dedicated ship/lander shielded port. Thinking this goes at the end opposite the solar panels.

x5g3bLX.jpg

The other thing I'm thinking about is a Minmus Lander (may be more than 5 parts) but I haven't worked out the design yet.

Let me know if anyone has any comments or suggestions!

Edited by scottadges

7 hours ago, scottadges said:

Hey there, it's me again. :blush: I'm really not trying to spam this thread... but I'm basically obsessed with Kommunity Space Station stuff the past week or so (and I have a ton of free time right now).

Anyway, here are some shots of upcoming modules I'm hoping to place on the various stations:

KSS Polar

Communications antennae (2) attached to the Docking Port Jrs. at the edges of the Hab Ring.

This would use a similar delivery & placement method (screenshot below) as the other components I added last week .

Mun Station

Solar power array. To be docked off the 4-way docking ring. Might recommend 2 of these... we'll see.

Minmus Station

Docking tower with grabber arms for various types of craft plus a dedicated ship/lander shielded port. Thinking this goes at the end opposite the solar panels.

Yes The other thing I'm thinking about is a Minmus Lander (may be more than 5 parts) but I haven't worked out the design yet.

Let me know if anyone has any comments or suggestions!

Just remember the one module per turn rule.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.