Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

Finished my turn (47).  I added a 7 part Munar Shuttle to the Munar Surface Station.  It's landed a few dozen meters from the other modules, and has 1695 m/s delta-V left.  

5soYX3s.png

As I'm sure everyone knows, 1.3 dropped, meaning I couldn't use KER, Precise Node, much less my kOS launch scripts.  I've only recently been playing post Alpha, so 3.75 parts are still new to me (barely got them in my Career game).  For this shuttle, I build a 3.75m launch vehicle with 2.5m Asparagus boosters, and a 2.5m Poodle upper stage.  Without the use of the mods, it was refreshing (but a bit time consuming) calculating delta-V and TWR for all of the stages by hand.Here's the launch and landing.  I did move it closer after that initial landing.

Spoiler

Landings did not always go well.

Spoiler

Eventually, I'll bring up a small ISRU rig, based on this design.

Spoiler

This took a few days, partly because this was the 3rd thing I launched.  I originally tried to sort out the asteroid / ore issue.  I sent up an ore tank, and docked it between the drill module and the rest of the station.  That didn't help.  So I sent up another drill/ore tank.  Still nothing.  I even released the asteroid, and redocked it.  No luck with the station, but grabbed it fine with the grabby module / drills.  Still no ore.  Guessing its empty? (not sure how to read that resource thing)  Mabye we should try capturing another asteroid.  I reloaded all of these, so the KSS is exactly how I received it.

GIF of these attempts.

Anyways, I've removed myself from the queue, added myself to the end, and uploaded the save file.

4 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Finished my turn (47).  I added a 7 part Munar Shuttle to the Munar Surface Station.  It's landed a few dozen meters from the other modules, and has 1695 m/s delta-V left.  

5soYX3s.png

As I'm sure everyone knows, 1.3 dropped, meaning I couldn't use KER, Precise Node, much less my kOS launch scripts.  I've only recently been playing post Alpha, so 3.75 parts are still new to me (barely got them in my Career game).  For this shuttle, I build a 3.75m launch vehicle with 2.5m Asparagus boosters, and a 2.5m Poodle upper stage.  Without the use of the mods, it was refreshing (but a bit time consuming) calculating delta-V and TWR for all of the stages by hand.Here's the launch and landing.  I did move it closer after that initial landing.

Reveal hidden contents

Landings did not always go well.

Reveal hidden contents

Eventually, I'll bring up a small ISRU rig, based on this design.

Reveal hidden contents

This took a few days, partly because this was the 3rd thing I launched.  I originally tried to sort out the asteroid / ore issue.  I sent up an ore tank, and docked it between the drill module and the rest of the station.  That didn't help.  So I sent up another drill/ore tank.  Still nothing.  I even released the asteroid, and redocked it.  No luck with the station, but grabbed it fine with the grabby module / drills.  Still no ore.  Guessing its empty? (not sure how to read that resource thing)  Mabye we should try capturing another asteroid.  I reloaded all of these, so the KSS is exactly how I received it.

GIF of these attempts.

Anyways, I've removed myself from the queue, added myself to the end, and uploaded the save file.

Sweet! The no ore thing is actually a bug that squad fixed in 1.3.

@Joseph Kerman You are up!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.