Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

@53miner53

The 5 meter one is 22 parts not including struts, and 34 with them. The 3.75 meter one is around 10 to 20 parts. Though it has more parts, the 5m one looks cooler.

(Forget the 10m one, I don't want to wreak havoc on someone else's computer.)

Also when uploading the save file, do I give the .sfs file or load.meta file?

6 minutes ago, JK_Kerbineer said:

@53miner53

The 5 meter one is 22 parts not including struts, and 34 with them. The 3.75 meter one is around 10 to 20 parts. Though it has more parts, the 5m one looks cooler.

(Forget the 10m one, I don't want to wreak havoc on someone else's computer.)

Also when uploading the save file, do I give the .sfs file or load.meta file?

You can use the 5m one, though I would prefer you try to eliminate as many physical struts as you can via autostrut. I don't know if that affects any stock joints though.

When uploading the save file, use the .sfs. 

1 minute ago, 53miner53 said:

You can use the 5m one, though I would prefer you try to eliminate as many physical struts as you can via autostrut. I don't know if that affects any stock joints though.

When uploading the save file, use the .sfs. 

Thanks, I will remove struts if possible

Alright. whoever the F**ker is that left debris everywhere in orbit please step forward so I can verbally decapitate you.

Also. Leaving all your shuttles parked at the KSC really hampers FPS. Even on my 6700k 1070 system. I understand you guys want to go for super duper reusability but you could just recover the craft to simulate the craft being taken in to processing and refueling for the next mission, instead of doing it actually in game.

Edited by Combatsmithen

38 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Alright. whoever left debris everywhere in orbit please step forward so I can verbally decapitate you.

Also. Leaving all your shuttles parked at the KSC really hampers FPS. Even on my 6700k 1070 system. I understand you guys want to go for super duper reusability but you could just recover the craft to simulate the craft being taken in to processing and refueling for the next mission, instead of doing it actually in game.

If any on the debris is from Columbia LR, which should be only EFTs that may not have been successfully deorbited by their deorbit motors, then I'm sorry. But the Shuttles from @ZooNamedGames's rearrangement of the KSS in the KSC weren't affecting my frame rates, and I'm using Intel Integrated graphics 5500. I don't think they render beyond .5km in stock KSP when landed. I'm probably wrong about the rendering, but that's what I was experiencing. 

9 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

If any on the debris is from Columbia LR, which should be only EFTs that may not have been successfully deorbited by their deorbit motors, then I'm sorry. But the Shuttles from @ZooNamedGames's rearrangement of the KSS in the KSC weren't affecting my frame rates, and I'm using Intel Integrated graphics 5500. I don't think they render beyond .5km in stock KSP when landed. I'm probably wrong about the rendering, but that's what I was experiencing. 

Some of it all had chinese symbols and was useless junk. I'm f**king liquided now. my SS-3 mission is not saved in the VAB although it is on the old save file, and my empty template SS which i fill with cargo is an old version... No robotic arm. Solar panels in the wrong place. The love is going on with these loveing save files its loveing liquiding me off I can't stand the lack of organization. Using turn 54. If people are loveing sabotaging me I will love them up. People are using the wrong f**king save files. They need to ONLY use the one on the drive, if someone else posts their loveing excrements somewhere else, disregard it, and use the one in the drive. I dont care if they lose all their loveing work its their fault for not putting the damn save in the right loveing place. Now I gotta dig up the loveing save file from my recycle bin and transfer my crafts over. 

Edited by Combatsmithen

40 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Some of it all had chinese symbols and was useless junk. I'm Liquided now. my SS-3 mission is not saved in the VAB although it is on the old save file, and my empty template SS which i fill with cargo is an old version... No robotic arm. Solar panels in the wrong place. The love is going on with these loveing save files its loveing liquiding me off I can't stand the lack of organization. Using turn 54. If people are loveing sabotaging me I will love them up. People are using the wrong save files. They need to ONLY use the one on the drive, if someone else posts their loveing excrements somewhere else, disregard it, and use the one in the drive. I dont care if they lose all their loveing work its their fault for not putting the save in the right loveing place. Now I gotta dig up the loveing save file from my recycle bin and transfer my crafts over. 

Turn 54 is the right save, but sometimes people upload only the persistent file instead of the whole .zip file, meaning that all the crafts in the save are lost in the process. If you extract to the save folder directly, without deleting the old save, then all the crafts you have already will still be there. We also have almost all the previous saves in the google drive, so if a craft is lost somewhere, then we could find it.

I also keep all the crafts that I can in my save folder, so that we have at least a version of them in with the save file. The outdated version is probably from me, and it probably wasn't in the save file at all going into my turn.

Edit: forgot to mention, you can delete the debris if you want to.

Edited by 53miner53

34 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

Turn 54 is the right save, but sometimes people upload only the persistent file instead of the whole .zip file, meaning that all the crafts in the save are lost in the process. If you extract to the save folder directly, without deleting the old save, then all the crafts you have already will still be there. We also have almost all the previous saves in the google drive, so if a craft is lost somewhere, then we could find it.

I also keep all the crafts that I can in my save folder, so that we have at least a version of them in with the save file. The outdated version is probably from me, and it probably wasn't in the save file at all going into my turn.

Edit: forgot to mention, you can delete the debris if you want to.

I do delete the debris. UPLOAD SAVE FILES PEOPLE PLEASE NOT JUST THE PERSISTENT FILE.

My first mission is about 1/3rd done. I launched and docked at the KSS for refuel. From there the plan is to fly my shuttle to the mun station, refuel it there, deploy the payload which is an escape lander which seats 4 kerbals and should have enough fuel to get into munar orbit to await rescue, or fly to the mun station. Then after the payload is landed, fly the shuttle home and land it.

7 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

@Combatsmithen has one day left.

I think I have crippling depression now. I did some miscalculations, and the shuttle might have enough fuel to get to the mun but no fuel to maneuver once in its SOI. So I decided to try and boost the orbit using about 500 m/s of the shuttle's fuel, then undock the skycrane lander thing, but that only has about 200 m/s so it would only be good just for landing and nothing else. So I think I'm going to call SS-4 a failure, return the crew, and fire the engineers that designed this thing (me). And attempt a better designed SS-5 mission. I think the best thing to do would be to do what I did with the module I sent to the mun station. Just launch it with the shuttle into LKO, deploy the transfer stage and lander, with skycrane and send it that way. So just skip me for now. Going to upload my save file 

Edited by Combatsmithen

3 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

I think I have crippling depression now. I did some miscalculations, and the shuttle might have enough fuel to get to the mun but no fuel to maneuver once in its SOI. So I decided to try and boost the orbit using about 500 m/s of the shuttle's fuel, then undock the skycrane lander thing, but that only has about 200 m/s so it would only be good just for landing and nothing else. So I think I'm going to call SS-4 a failure, return the crew, and fire the engineers that designed this thing (me). And attempt a better designed SS-5 mission. I think the best thing to do would be to do what I did with the module I sent to the mun station. Just launch it with the shuttle into LKO, deploy the transfer stage and lander, with skycrane and send it that way. So just skip me for now. Going to upload my save file 

Ok then. Why not launch a large spacetug on another shuttle, send that on its way to the lander, and land both shuttles?

9 hours ago, 53miner53 said:

Ok then. Why not launch a large spacetug on another shuttle, send that on its way to the lander, and land both shuttles?

Because I'm pretty salty right now over alot of things, IRL, ingame, and on the forums reeee. Just skip me for now and come back to me when it's my turn again

I plan to launch an orange tank to the minmus station so it can be used in refueling, then I can begin work on the surface base :)

Edit: Ohhh boy! With my main laptop out for the count, I turned to the family desktop... except that of course it is a 32 bit system (out of 2011!) This leaves KSP ~2.5 GB of ram to work with, and while it normally works (barely), it crashes everytime I load the Community file (probably because of all the ongoing flights). I've been making progress (I got to the astronaut complex!), but there is a chance I won't be able to get it to work.

Edited by LazySoUseHyperedit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.