Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

Alright. So, if I do the long-range staging area for the KSS-2, can I build a long-range SSTO or two and dock them? Also a tug for moving larger ships into the right position to dock (would have klaws instead of docking ports). Actually, I'll download the save file, do my projects, then PM it to you. Is that ok?

Edited by HeroBrian_333

1 hour ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Alright. So, if I do the long-range staging area for the KSS-2, can I build a long-range SSTO or two and dock them? Also a tug for moving larger ships into the right position to dock (would have klaws instead of docking ports). Actually, I'll download the save file, do my projects, then PM it to you. Is that ok?

You can just take a turn if @Bottle Rocketeer 500 doesn’t want to take one, or if he doesn’t have 1.3.1 yet

I'd love to get involved with this and join you guys, but having read the OP's original mission statement on page 1 of this thread, and seeing there are now a gazillion stations orbiting all sorts of bodies in the linked download file, I'm not sure how to join in.  I suppose I could read through all 51 pages of the thread and hopefully pick up on what I need to do to join the queue of volunteers.  Or perhaps someone could provide a precis of the current mission status and an idiot's guide on how to get involved now that the mission has evolved way beyond a single station in Kerbin orbit.

Just a quick resume of my own Kerballing achievements.  I've sent manned missions to all bodies in the Kerbol system, and safely returned them all.  I play a fairly stock game, with the only mods being used are for info purposes, like Engineer Redux, Alarm clock, and Docking port alignment.  I'm comfortable with rendezvous and docking without using something like MechJeb, and happy to perform rescue missions where required.

Edited by Scarecrow

@Scarecrow, it depends on what station you are adding to. Most stations you just need to put your name on the waiting list, build a module that is 5 parts or less excluding docking ports, and launch it when it is your turn. The KSS-2, though, has a review process. Just post a picture of it here and note intended function and part count, and I will probably allow it. You then add your name to the waiting list as usual. There is also a ground base at the Mun, which has up to 10 parts per module and up to 4 landing legs, landing gear, or wheels, and also has you adding to the waiting list as usual. 

I hope this helps!

Edited by 53miner53

5 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Thanks @53miner53 that helps a lot.  One other question, if I may.  I've been looking at some of the craft in the save file, and I can't open them because they contain what are presumably non-stock parts.  As I don't run part mods, would this prevent me taking part?

This wouldn’t prevent you from participating at all

Last day for Donald J Trunp!

Edited by 53miner53

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.