Kommunity Space Station 1.4.1

The module has been applied! 

Spoiler

(technically speaking there are two modules but their added part count is 5 so I guess it counts as one)

Added a small fuel depot on the Duna station, as well as some reaction wheels and a second solar arm (the asymmetry of the station's power system was infuriating).

Spoiler

SzYlEd0.png

They add up to 5 parts, not including the docking ports.

On a minor note, I was trying to deorbit and crash the orbital tug I used on the surface of Duna, but I actually managed to land it, losing just one solar panel in the impact.

Spoiler

fbg2MJF.png

Updated the save file to turn 87.

Edited by NildimensionalString
Classified the screenshots as spoilers since they were too large.

Can someone help me with this?

Can i use a mod that makes the cockpit more realistic (Aset props, Rasterpropmonitor) i want to use this only to rendevous with the station and return to Kerbin with the Aset cockpit. I flied all my KSS-Missions with this mod and i dont want to dock anymore without it.

I hope someone can help me, and i can start my Mission soon.

1 hour ago, SwissSpace93 said:

Can someone help me with this?

Can i use a mod that makes the cockpit more realistic (Aset props, Rasterpropmonitor) i want to use this only to rendevous with the station and return to Kerbin with the Aset cockpit. I flied all my KSS-Missions with this mod and i dont want to dock anymore without it.

I hope someone can help me, and i can start my Mission soon.

You can fly a mission with that mod, as it doesn’t add anything that will make the stock game not load a craft. 

1 hour ago, LazySoUseHyperedit said:

Heya I'm back from forever! I see people talking about turns but no one has actually said they are currently running one and the reservation doc says "open" so is it ok if I just go?

I’m not sure if @AHeroReborn is going, so if he isn’t going, then you can go.

Alright, I'm going. Sorry, @AHeroReborn, I've looked and seen no indication you are in the middle of a turn

(Edit) Mission Summary: Ok I am done with my turn now and have uploaded the file. I sent an SSTO down to the Minmus surface refueling base, since that has been neglected and many people use minmus to mine. The little mining module down there was fine except one problem: No docking ports for fuel transfer. I clawed on a standard docking port as my module, along with a probe core and a small monoprop tank. The SSTO is still parked at the surface base, and I'll be posting a video of my mission soon

Edited by LazySoUseHyperedit
Done with turn

sorry, i will go now. Should i zip it up when i am done? i have no way to create a mac version..

EDIT: Mission failed.

Cause: Improper tug design, tugs would have to be left on, which would have gone over the part limit. I knew I should have stuck with a wraparound design.

Status: station appears to be stable, may have fell a few decameters. payload successfully detached and deorbited

Next launch window: Tomorrow after school.

Edited by AHeroReborn

3 hours ago, AHeroReborn said:

EDIT: Mission failed.

Cause: Improper tug design, tugs would have to be left on, which would have gone over the part limit. I knew I should have stuck with a wraparound design.

Status: station appears to be stable, may have fell a few decameters. payload successfully detached and deorbited

Next launch window: Tomorrow after school.

Good luck! As for your zip problem, I can open .zip files on my mac just fine.

Edit: Please download the most recent save file since I went, and here is the recording of my mission:

Edited by LazySoUseHyperedit

Going for the crew mission again. Need to put the engines on again, then I should be good to go.

Edit: Slight delay- Point of control orientation incident, plus a lack of quicksaves. Still intend to do this tonight. At least the first part. Also, the thing that was fouling my docking port on my last turn? Turns out that was the RTG I had clipped in there. Guess I should have clipped that in from radially.

Edit 2: Perhaps not. KSP is suddenly going really slow on me for some reason.

Edit 3: Ok, finally mid-burn for Duna. I've clipped an RTG into the middle of the Monoprop tank from the side to replace the one from before.

Edited by Paaaad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.