Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

One of my biggest pet peeves from high school is when students disrespected the teacher. It accomplishes nothing apart from wasting time and lowering their grades. Classes would run so much smoother if everybody just listened.

Just now, Tex said:

One of my biggest pet peeves from high school is when students disrespected the teacher. It accomplishes nothing apart from wasting time and lowering their grades. Classes would run so much smoother if everybody just listened.

That class I was talking about in my post, you have described them pretty well. They:

Waste time

play on their phones when teacher is talking

talk when the teacher is talking

i would not say cuss, but use vocabulary that is frowned upon when talking to the teacher

and ignore the teacher.

Because of them, next year I gonna fail. In 6th grade I had the most chill English teacher ever. In 7th grade I was baffled. It was because I did not learn anything though. Last semester  I feel like I did a good job in the finals for the class though.

Another thing to complain about: people who don't know how to drive, as in people who switch into the wrong lane, cut people off, make stupid decisions all the time. It's the worst. Not only is it infuriating to watch, but it has the potential to cause damage, injuries, or even take somebody's life if those involved are unfortunate enough. It's not that hard to drive safely.

*opens thread*

2 hours ago, munlander1 said:

That class I was talking about in my post, you have described them pretty well. They:

Waste time

i would not say cuss, but use vocabulary that is frowned upon when talking to the teacher

and ignore the teacher.

Because of them, next year I gonna fail. In 6th grade I had the most chill English teacher ever. In 7th grade I was baffled. It was because I did not learn anything though. Last semester  I feel like I did a good job in the finals for the class though.

*slowly backs away*

3 hours ago, munlander1 said:

Waste time

and ignore the teacher.

I have a similar problem just encountered a while ago. Last week one of the class set books got lost or taken. We knew about it but no one in our class had taken it. Now our Science teacher is forcing us to take our home coppies every day. My back was already aching last semester now I have to haul 3 textbooks nearly everyday because the school neglects the fact I didnt have a locker. I also have to walk across the school several times just to get to the next period.

RIP My back.

A  thing is that normal school in Russia ends at 3:00(15:00) But the problem is that there is something called S/P (self preparing) It is just ridicilous ammount of time for doing homework preparing for exams and after doing all of that, you just mess with friends and do stuff (last friday, we cut of electricity in school, i know it sounds crazy but it is actually easy)

Some stay until 18:00, so i m going to do the same this year

25 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Oh I wish...but there are MANY, MANY stairs... :/ 

You see those upper wheels? They let you pull it up stairs and curbs. If you have a lot of stairs at once, it has a handle in the center. Skid plates on the back help with particularly tall curbs. The thing itself doesn't weigh much either; aluminum and all that.

I'll shut up before 2.2i.

4 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I'm sorry, what?

Was not here when it happened. But I would still not like to mention it. Someone went to the school I go to and did some bad stuff. Backpacks are not allowed because of that.

Edited by munlander1

7 hours ago, munlander1 said:

How many people were there when you cut the power?

I didn't count but school direktor was in a class right behind ours. We cut power by putting a metalic thingy (honestly i don't remember what it was) into power socket and boom all room is lit!! I'm scared to death,feeling like my soul is going to the rapture

Well in my science class we where building and wiring mini house (800cm-2500cm) and well one of my group members took a wire striped at the ends and put it in the positive and negative end of 2 different outlets. (One end went into the positive of one outlet and the other to the negative of the other). Sparks went everywhere, and you could here the breaker trip. There were, what looked like flares descending from above the outlet. The teacher sometimes calls him sparky because of that.  

and now i feel like the best plan suggestor ever!

backstory-

one of my friends loves to take magnets, metals everything you can buy on websites for 5$ and stuff like that. SO

he took his thingy

and i be like - Hey! You know what? Try putting that into power socket!

he be like- Uhuh next thing im going to try is building a nuclear bomb!(sarcastic)

in next few hours we started to get bored.

and next thing happened is (you know what hapenned)

On 21/02/2017 at 9:15 PM, Tex said:

Disrespecting a teacher should not lower your grades. Grades are about education, not the social context. A teacher lowering grades because of behaviour is as petty as the student he or she is trying to get back at.

And yes, students can be monsters.

1 hour ago, Camacha said:

Disrespecting a teacher should not lower your grades. Grades are about education, not the social context. A teacher lowering grades because of behaviour is as petty as the student he or she is trying to get back at.

I think the implication is that the students in question are damaging their grade through not paying attention and contempt of the concepts being taught, not through personal conflict specifically.

1 hour ago, Camacha said:

And yes, students can be monsters.

10 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I think the implication is that the students in question are damaging their grade through not paying attention and contempt of the concepts being taught, not through personal conflict specifically.

Yeah, what he said.