Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

My car needs a whole new exhaust system. Y-pipe, Cats, resonator, muffler.

This is not going to be cheap.

I hate when someone posts a non Kerbal specific topic (but one that still has direct relation to the behavior of the company that owns KSP) to "The Lounge", where topics not directly related to KSP itself are supposed to go, but it eventually gets closed for "not being on topic". Darn it... That's what The Lounge is for, and the topic was entirely relevant, regarding the company that now (unfortunately) owns KSP... That company's behavior today reflects on how they handle KSP tomorrow... Oh well... Topic closed... I hate that. Hate it with a passion. It's just sucking up to the new owners, censoring dissent. Hate it... That's what I wanna complain about today.

Well, at least I have plenty of days off from work this weekend and next to work on my KSP Instrument panel... Or sleep in. Whichever happens.

Edited by richfiles

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:10 AM, richfiles said:

I hate when someone posts a non Kerbal specific topic (but one that still has direct relation to the behavior of the company that owns KSP) to "The Lounge", where topics not directly related to KSP itself are supposed to go, but it eventually gets closed for "not being on topic". Darn it... That's what The Lounge is for, and the topic was entirely relevant, regarding the company that now (unfortunately) owns KSP... That company's behavior today reflects on how they handle KSP tomorrow... Oh well... Topic closed... I hate that. Hate it with a passion. It's just sucking up to the new owners, censoring dissent. Hate it... That's what I wanna complain about today.

*confused what the fluck*

A satellite shall be put into orbit that reflects sunlight and shines with an apparent magnitude of -10, as reported in science & spaceflight forum.

That will render the whole night sky unusable for any kind of observation, except short wave and radio, for the time of the overflight. I find this highly annoying. I doubt they get any "data" we don't have yet and i seriously hope that no consumer article companies do similar nonsense, but i do imagine already how a few braindead marketing managers rub their hands.

Hough !

gb

p.s.: sorry for being so offensive, this is of course nothing personal !

3 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

I hate that every film is about America, or about "ze ruzia is or enemi"

I am sick of this.

Like literally, are you still living in the Cold War or something?

Same. I've only seen one movie where the Russians are the good guys, Enemy at the Gates or something like that.

13 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

I hate that every film is about America, or about "ze ruzia is or enemi"

I am sick of this.

Like literally, are you still living in the Cold War or something?

Yeah, i once watched i video about on how Russian rocket engines are the most efficient, and 90% of all comments are made by angry people who know nothing about spaceflight and think that the RD191 is somehow primarily used for warfare. I mean, we live in the 21th century! The most peacefull age in history!

Oh and eh Rule 2.2b i think....

Edited by NSEP

27 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Same. I've only seen one movie where the Russians are the good guys, Enemy at the Gates or something like that.

I can name a bunch of films that either have a protagonist from a not-America country, or where Russia is not the antagonist, or both.

*cough* Star Wars *cough*

Okay, that was an obvious one, but name any Marvel/DC films where Russia had any importance?

2 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I can name a bunch of films that either have a protagonist from a not-America country, or where Russia is not the antagonist, or both.

*cough* Star Wars *cough*

Okay, that was an obvious one, but name any Marvel/DC films where Russia had any importance?

Fair point, but I wouldn't know about any Marvel/DC movie things since I don't watch them. I'm about ge only person I know who isn't interested in the superhero thing :P 

16 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

...but name any Marvel/DC films where Russia had any importance?

Isn't Natasha Romanova (Black Widow) Russian?  And I always felt Ramius was one of the heroes in The Hunt for Red October.

Remember the story of my prank on flat earther?

k

Act 2

Words hurt more than knives 

So.

There was some guy, who went out to the beach, just like me.(I am currently at Greece)

He was quite talkative, even a bit annoying, escpecial about his flat eartg.

I heard it once.

Twice.

Okay.

Just stop.

No please.

Shut up.

K

No!

That is not okay!

You are dead meat.

It drove me really mad, cause it was like everyday.

I thought it will be okay if I will teach him a "lesson".

So he loves swimming in the evening.

And that is very good. Cause you know.

"Leave No witnesses, or don't have a single one"

Well I waited, until he will be done swimming, he walked to the beach really tired.

So, I went out to the beach.

I set down on the sand, and said:

-Wake up.

--Excuse me?

-sigh..

-Maybe you don't need to talk about your opinion so much? Cause when an opinion is spread to public in such scales, it is no more an opinion, it is propaganda.

--Why should I keep the words in my brain if I was given a mouth to talk? (He was quite clever, guessed what I was talking about)

-Probably you were thought to talk  wise words.

--Am I not talking anything wise?

-Don't interrupt me, please.

-Where did you get such an idea? Did someone told you this? You believed?

--It is my choice.

-It is surely a choice, but it is not yours.

-You just want to be different, stand-alone.

-It is a basic human will, I don't judge you for that.

--Is anything of what I do, is bad in your opinion?

-There nothing bad in what you mean to do, but there is something bad in what actually do.

--What?

-You are just crossing out hundreds of thousands of hours that people spent writing ,discussing and proofing.

--People who believe this, did the same thing in the past.

-Past is past, nothing can be changed, people ate rats back then, now it is considered gruesome.

--But people still do art, even though it is so old, it is not considered anything bad, it is even praised.

-I think you are a clever man, rethink something,be even more clever.

-Okay.

Then I walked away, that was probably the greatest person I ever talked too, I'm glad I remember our dialogue. 

There was a guy where I work that used to tell passing tourists that the moon landings were faked.  Now his coworkers won't let him roll down the windows.

(And I really miss rolling down the windows.)

My laptop is terrible, it keeps breaking for no reason!

One second i'm watching Youtube, and something happens that makes me want to restart the thing, the other it decides to break and not boot up.

I though the first time was going to be the only time.

Nope!

It just recently broke again!

And it's literally the exact. same. error.

I absolutely hate that laptop.

3 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

My headphones just chose to break... I have no idea why. They were working perfectly fine a few days ago... Now they've got weird static as well as what I'm listening to.

Have you tried blowing in the headphone sockets of your device? That helps me all the time.

So, I strongly believe in freedom of speech and the right to a opinion, and I was talking to my friend whilst stopping over at his house, I open my laptop and go on skype to get the other lad in a call bc he couldn't make it, and I see the group chat has lit up like a forest fire, and these two girls are complaining at my mate for his political stance, not debating on the subject like adults no, they had teamed up on the lad knowing fine well that he won't argue back because he's to polite. Now I was bloody seething at this point, I was furious, I quickly responded asking what was going on to make more sense of it all.

Now he still being a gent told me not to start a argument, as that's just me I am very argumentative, I love proverbially slapping there counter into oblivion, so I did what I thought was best, I confronted them about it and told them it was unfair, and that they ought to apologize to him for being so hostile and prejudice (ironic because they are SJW'S) and they got hostile with me also, and I thought "Don't because they won't talk to you again" yes they are those type of people, and it clicked, and I though "F it" I responded by giving a 2000 word essay on why they are wrong ,why they are not proper mates and most importantly, how their political and personal opinion believes in freedom of speech and expression. I won btw. But that was last year and they still won't talk to me (lmao) The point is that I hate people that feel the need to get agro over a opinion, it's a opinion and so is you're argument :)

I have something to complain about, but also to be happy about... Thursday night, I went partially deaf. No loud music or noises... Just mildly disoriented, and then I eventually realized an hour later when I was in my car, I couldn't hear the bass from my left ear. Scared me like Bill seeing grass in his rocket's window... The thought of never hearing bass notes from my left ear again, the thought of it possibly being caused by something far worse was really freaky. Not getting sleep cause I was at the ER till a half hour passed midnight, when I was already ready to nod off. Knowing that the next morning was gonna be the toughest day at work all week, due to the stuff we do getting all pushed back to Friday cause the US Independence Day holiday. Being prescribed something that flat out warns "may cause sleeplessness"... Ugh... :huh:

The disorientation was the result of my aural spacial location being skewed... Sounds did not "feel" like they were coming from the right locations, since my ears were no longer capable of hearing the same sounds anymore.

Because I'm a "freakin' nerd™", I tested my own hearing using a function generator, before going to the hospital... Hehe... My equipment was better than theirs! :wink: I determined that at 340 Hz and lower, sounds became diminished (they felt about half as loud as my right ear, which was normal), plateauing till they got down to a frequency of 160 Hz, where they rapidly dropped off. At 130 Hz and lower, I was entirely deaf. No detection of any sound at all below that frequency! :0.0:

So, besides deafness, there was also the tinnitus... Holy sheet, that is... WOW... I lost my LOW range... This was no high pitched ring like most people think of... I'd describe it as "the feeling like I was surrounded by 'random wind' and/or 'mechanical rumbling' noises, ALL THE TIME" It's maddening, and if that's not bad enough, when I actually WAS near wind or machinery, Like my air conditioner, since my brain now heard those low frequencies form "both sides" now, thanks to the tinnitus, it made EVERYTHING MECHANICAL sound TWICE AS LOUD!!! It was an aural hallucination, triggered by the tinnitus! It was HORRIBLE! :confused:

And MUSIC... Imagine the worst, cheapest, most Made in China, AM BAND ONLY pocket transistor radio ever, and music sounded WORSE. It was tinny. It did't even HAVE the low notes, like they just forgot to add them to the song. I just couldn't hear them. It was as fascinating an effect as it was heartbreaking! ;.;

They told me, the symptoms presented as a viral ear infection, and that I had a 2/3 chance of my hearing returning. That's still a 1/3 chance of it NOT returning. That's frightening!

They also told me that if the hearing didn't return, they wanted to do an MRI and check for "growths"... We know that translates too... Even worse... :/

So I went to bed pretty freaked out, and laid there forever worrying about it. That's pretty annoying, I guess. The GOOD news, is by the morning, the anti-viral and the anti-inflammatory had already begun to work their magic, and my hearing was already showing signs of improvement. he plateau had shifted down to starting at 310 Hz, and had expanded so the drop off happened at 120 Hz, and the NEAR cutoff occurred at 90 Hz. 70-90 Hz was detectable, but could not be differentiated. By the end of Friday, I could hear down to 50 Hz, and the plateau was rising. This morning, I was detecting 30 Hz, and the plateau was nearly gone.

I'm relieved! So happy that it's healing! I'm the type of person that collects vinyl records and has a 7.1 Bose surround sound system... I think if I'd really have gone partially deaf, it would have really hurt me to lose that part of my enjoyment of life. It really was frightening, and I'm grateful that it's healing! :D

Let it also be a lesson, I had NO CONTROL over this. I wasn't subjecting myself to loud music or noise... It was just an infection. Don't waste your hearing by turning music up too loud. That you do have control over! Appreciate music for the rest of your life, not just a portion! :wink:

Edited by richfiles

If laundry and other dangerous chemical products are so Hazardous (especially for small children). Then why are their bottles so fancy and colourful, like candy? Yet 5 liter Milk Bottles still look so bland?

CR-BG-Laundry-Detergent-SBS-TidePlus-Col

dairy-fresh-cream-milk-5liter-.jpg

Edited by NSEP

8 hours ago, NSEP said:

Yet 5 liter Milk Bottles still look so bland?

On a better note, who needs 5 liter milk bottles?.

Oh wait. I live in the US with the stupid imperial system. 5 liters is a bit larger than 1 gallon (3.78L). Size kinda makes more sense.

Wish we would switch over.

Edited by qzgy

3 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

not sure if this is 2.2b
but take a look at this
wow...just...stupid
hey does anyone have that meme with Prof. Farnsworth saying he doesn't want to live on this planet anymore? yeah, I'd like one right now!

3cd8a33a.png

There ya go! Stay or leave, either way ya flip, yer welcome! :sticktongue:

Given what a few people saw on that user's history... Definite troll, but sadly, I know there are more than a few people who are genuinely like that. If you asked me, I'll tell you flat out that I'm absolutely religious, but I don't let that become a point to fight over with others, and I CERTAINLY don't fall for that weird flat Earther, Moon hoaxer nonsense. There are ways science and religion can reconcile. Anyway, It's a non-issue. I'm not gonna go into religion here, other than to say that ignorance is sad, and faith doesn't need to breed ignorance.

We're here for launching little green dudes (and dudettes) into orbit! :cool:

#BringBackTheDontClickThisThread

every day children learn many things from the Don't Click this thread, but the monster known as the Red Iron Crown closed it down, now those children don't learn anything, and turn into flat earthers!!

So, the one thing I want to complain about right now...

The fact that that thread is closed, so I can't point out in the GIF that Red Iron Crown posted in the final comment...
That the weapon the T-1000 terminator is carrying is about to click against the jail cell's bars. DON'T CLICK!!! :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_XAEPSeX-c
Terminator 2: The Alternate Cut...
or
"So, a man walks into a bar"

Edited by richfiles

i just want to drop a few like here(s) and eslewhere(s) across the forums, but well i first need to wait for them to refresh and not forget all the place around the forum i want to drop them too xDr

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Customer: It's not working!

Me: (checks on status) You did <A>.  Don't do <A>.  Doing <A> breaks things.  Do <B>.

Customer: I don't know how to do <B>.

Me: (Explains for the umpteenth time how to handle a rather basic job task)

That's what I did.

Well, do it again, and do <B> instead of <A> this time.

... some time passes ...

It's still not working!

(Check status.  Facepalm.)  Do it again, but this time only do <B>.  Don't do <A> and <B>.  Doing <A> breaks things.

I don't know how to do <B>.

You just did it.  Do the same thing you just did, except for the part where you did <A>, because that breaks things.

How do I do that?

(Explains, yet again, to what is purported to be a functioning adult, how to do her job.)

(head >> desk)

If this keeps up, I'm just going to have to tell her the bunny is dead.

Edited by razark