Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

'Artist': Oh let me take this career path that doesn't offer much monetary compensation.

~Some time passes, 'Artist' is struggling to support themselves

'Artist': Oh no, I don't need to take an actual job, I'm an artist!

~More time, running out of money

'Artist': Support the arts and give me money for doing nothing!

My iPhone up and died, and not even the official Apple store in town wants to fix it. They instead offered me to exchange it for a brand new one, of the exact same old model, for an exorbitant price.

I dug up an old iPod touch so I could use it as alarm clock in the morning, and music player during the day, at least for the time being. I don't care for socializing, anyway. Turns out they forced a version upgrade which makes the music player incompatible. With hardware. Made. To. Play. #$@&%. Music. :mad: 

I'm so going Android.

21 hours ago, AverageJoeGuy said:

'Artist': Oh let me take this career path that doesn't offer much monetary compensation.

That is kinda rude.

1 hour ago, cratercracker said:

That is kinda rude.

look like a hug ^^ rudness rlly ? waht for xDr

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Swg1bFdMKyelUA8JT9Vm4I0yQgr_diKBdcSwnD7992vDXldkbngMpjojd7MS7GY3Dvk=w300-rw

:3

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

On 7/12/2017 at 6:55 PM, AverageJoeGuy said:

bud, thats a tad offensive, you know

Edited by RoadRunnerAerospace

sorry about the double post, but....yeah. sorry? pls no kill? So, this school year, which just ended a few weeks ago is when this story/whinining takes place, and it was the last day o` school, and the only thing to do was clean out the classroom... ugh. But, on the bright side, the only people there was me (obviously), and a girl I liked. so, the cleanining happened (more ugh), right, then during "lunch", well, maybe before that, we started talking, joking, etc, (probably to stay sane)  was not the awkward "i`m just listening to you because I have to" kind of talk, but friendly talking.  Now later that same lunch, we were still talking (a friend appeared) and as it turns out, they are going to head back to their houses after lunch (had a parent pick them up@carpool) so, we were still talking, and it was the end of lunch, and you know, semi-awkard byes due to nerdom, and well, I was moving at the time, from the west coast of canada, (back) to the east coast of the U.S, RIGHT AFTER THE END OF SCHOOL. so, yeah, to sum it up, the girl I like finally started to talk to me, then I moved away :(

just my "amazing" luck for ya!

I cant stand this "this is what soda does to your teeth" thing. I mean, sure its had for your body, but my teeth is the worst example to show someone how bad soda can be. Its always people pretending like most of us leave a sodapop drink in our mouth for 1 months, without brushing my teeth or producing saliva. I mean, yeah sure if i somehow stop producing saliva, not brush my teeth for 1 months and feed myself via some kind of feeding system. My teeth will indeed rot. But geuss what! People dont even leave a soda drink in their mouth for a total 3 seconds per sip. And also SOME PEOPLE DRINK OUT OF A MAGICAL DEVICE CALLED A STRAW!!!!

59 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I cant stand this "this is what soda does to your teeth" thing. I mean, sure its had for your body, but my teeth is the worst example to show someone how bad soda can be. Its always people pretending like most of us leave a sodapop drink in our mouth for 1 months, without brushing my teeth or producing saliva. I mean, yeah sure if i somehow stop producing saliva, not brush my teeth for 1 months and feed myself via some kind of feeding system. My teeth will indeed rot. But geuss what! People dont even leave a soda drink in their mouth for a total 3 seconds per sip. And also SOME PEOPLE DRINK OUT OF A MAGICAL DEVICE CALLED A STRAW!!!!

Relevant to the topic:

My teeth are naturally yellowish, and people around me like:

"OMG OMG LOOK AT YOU UGLY TEETH, DO YOU EVEN BRUSH IT?"

I be like:

SHUT UP

AND JUST DIE

JUST OXIDIZE IN OXYGEN YOU UGLY WHITE TEETHED RACISTS

1 hour ago, cratercracker said:

Relevant to the topic:

My teeth are naturally yellowish, and people around me like:

"OMG OMG LOOK AT YOU UGLY TEETH, DO YOU EVEN BRUSH IT?"

I be like:

SHUT UP

AND JUST DIE

JUST OXIDIZE IN OXYGEN YOU UGLY WHITE TEETHED RACISTS

My teeth are yellowish too actually, but nobody cares, expect for the dentist.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to do the "hello world" tutorial for C#, but I keep getting stuck on stupid Microsoft Visual Studio, I want to do something, it doesn't even do the wrong thing! it wont do anything!!!

if anyone has a clue on how to work Visual Studio, please help me...

I am watching @EJ_SA building a Boeing 2707 and of course Concorde gets mentioned a few times.

When I worked at BA I got the opportunity to take some good pictures including concorde pictures.  I cant find the backup cd though.  A few weeks ago I pulled the house apart looking for them.  I have moved house three times since I worked there and I hope I haven't lost them.  I put a lot into them, getting the right permissions to take the pictures.

The only ones I have to hand are the low resolution versions on my website.

gboaclanding2.jpg

boag_01.jpg

14 hours ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

wow, those are some pretty amazing shots of the Concorde, shame its not flying anymore

People are currently developing a newer, cheaper supersonic passanger jet that could get you from LA to Tokyo, in like 5 hours.

https://boomsupersonic.com/

People who don't use turn signals. Grrr.

In a perfect world---and accounting for the fact that people can sometimes make a mistake---I would only have people who don't signal lane changes or turns drop dead if they ever did it twice in a row---after they safety stop the vehicle, of course, don't want the dead causing accidents. No decent human being fails to signal twice in a row.

5 minutes ago, tater said:

Let me add to this... people who drive 5-6 miles with their turn signal on... but never actually turn!!!  Grrrrrr...  :mad:

Another driving thing - some person, on a one lane road at a set of lights, tried to pass our car. Safe driving? I think not.

22 hours ago, Kokoro said:

gboaclanding2.jpg

Such a beauty and a missing one...

Your pictures gave me the envy to find a picture my dad took in 1989 of one of the two landings Concorde has ever made at Juliana airport. But I was not able to get it... probably should be in Brittany now.

This Concorde visit really was particular for the island of St-Martin/Maarten as it was carrying French president Mitterand for a joint meeting with the U.S president Bush. But just a few pitcures were taken :

2679-0507-8-mitterrand2.jpg

And even worse, only one about the U.S fleet sent from Puerto-Rico :

2679-0507-8-america4.jpg

Not sure about it, but peoples said President Bush arrived with a C-5 Galaxy and the VH-60N White Hawk inside it while a Super Puma from the French Army carried Mitterand from Juliana to their meeting point on the French side.

I will ask if someone can find this picture as it's nearly unique, only one person had already uploaded one for now.

EDIT : well, I simply can't believe someone answered me so fast, but he made it, here is the picture

WiMALcS.jpg

Triple Fox landing RWY 09. At this time the runway only was about 5900ft/1800m long so the aircraft would not be able to take-off with full tanks. Instead they chose to leave with 1H30 minutes of fuel. After 30 minutes they reached Le Raizet in Guadeloupe for the final stop but had to go around a first time due to the weather, then at the second approach a small aircraft without any transponder just passed in front of them during the final, so a second GA. They finally made it at the third approach with something like just 15 minutes of fuel remaining.

Edited by XB-70A

22 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I am trying to do the "hello world" tutorial for C#, but I keep getting stuck on stupid Microsoft Visual Studio, I want to do something, it doesn't even do the wrong thing! it wont do anything!!!

if anyone has a clue on how to work Visual Studio, please help me...

My tip: Get rid of VS.

Pick up Mono instead. It's a command-line compiler, and will give you only the normal amount of trouble.

Just now, StupidAndy said:

okay I'm bad at this

I cant even get it to open :(

Okay.

It's a command-line tool. So you'll have to use command-line stuff. After installing it, open a command prompt or terminal. Use cd to change your directory (cd .. to go up a directory) and ls to list the contents of the current directory. Once you've found the directory in which you're working, do mcs yourfilename.extension and it will compile to a Windows executable. If you can't run Windows executables because you're not on Windows, do mono executablename.exe to run it; otherwise, open it like it's any other executable.

59 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

error CS2001: Source file `yourfilename.extension' could not be found
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

that's all it says :/

You didn't type exactly that command, did you?

You have to make a text file (with the code in), save it, and then feed that file's name to the compiler. If you don't want to navigate your filesystem, you can use absolute paths (on Windows, the one that starts with c:// or whatever; on Linux, the one that starts with / or ~; and whatever the Mac equivalent is) to reference it.

6 hours ago, XB-70A said:

Not sure about it, but peoples said President Bush arrived with a C-5 Galaxy and the VH-60N White Hawk inside it while a Super Puma from the French Army carried Mitterand from Juliana to their meeting point on the French side.

I will ask if someone can find this picture as it's nearly unique, only one person had already uploaded one for now.

EDIT : well, I simply can't believe someone answered me so fast, but he made it, here is the picture

That's a really nice shot.

I never thought of a President travelling in a C-5, I guess that was possible since C-5 has an upperdeck seating area.

9 hours ago, tater said:

Yeah, every day I travel home from work via a round-about that has three exits and everyone needs to indicate there but so few people do and I almost always have to stop because I cannot tell where the other driver wants to go, they are not indicating.  IT is quite irriating when they turn away meaning I didn't have to stop.

Let me add something else about driving.  It seems as if everyone else has lights which are too bright and shining in my mirrors.  I only have a low car and it is quite irritating.  I think everyone else who has headlights which can be trained up and down leave the lights at their maximum height or they drive too close at night.  You can easily see when your headlights are on how high up they come, they do illuminate the road,.  If the lights are shining into the window of the car in front pull back or lower your lights, it is what you are meant to do but it seems as if I am the only one who cares.

I keep my lights on low 99.9999999999% of the time, I sometimes hit high beams coming up the hill to my house to look for deer (I hit one a couple years ago). Mt lights are not too bad on low, but it's a land rover, so rather higher than a sedan :/ . Sorry to anyone at eye level!