Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

I hate it when Word Online           does               weird            stuff              like                 this.

And when it was doing that, it was for a paper that was some crazy portion of my final history grade! Good times. Oh, and you know what else? Computer bugs. Specifically, the time there was a wasp in the computer room at school. And the music room, and a break room, and a bunch of other places like right under where the cross country runners stretched. I was only part of the 25% casualty rate among the runners because some people decided it would be a good idea to trample the nest and kick the bugs. For the rest of the year anyone that went within a meter of a wasp was off the team for a week. But that didn't help me when I was attacked by the Flying Tiny Mysterious Stinging [censored] Crazy [censored] [censored] Bugs That Live Under Rocks in Northern Ohio. If there's an insect expert reading this, do you have any idea what those things were? They can sting multiple times, I found them in a rocky area with lots of water, they swarmed, they didn't chase, they were fairly small, and they were extremely aggressive. Some other members of my hiking party were stung up to four times, but I got stung first.

Spoiler

And even though it's off topic, it's a hilarious (at least I think it's hilarious) story. My cousin was slightly afraid of bugs, and we were teasing him about being scared by a daddy long legs. Then we walked through the area where the bugs were, and I got stung* and I started yelling to run away before I ran myself. My everybody else thought I was just playing a joke on my cousin, and so he wasn't worried until he was stung as well. We were far down the trail at this point, and then my uncle was stung, and one of the first people to realize what's going on was my grandmother. She walked through the area next, she was stung three or four times and she didn't even flinch!:o Everyone else went around the bugs, but my cousin, my uncle, and I were standing at a bend in the trail hopping on one foot (because of course they got our legs) and generally looking like complete fools. From there, it was just a short adrenaline-fueled sprint to the car followed by seven days of antibiotics and complaining. And for only two of those days my hand was too inflamed to do anything! After a while, most of the complaining was how nobody filmed us- I would have loved to have seen the look on our faces! And I now understand why my cousin doesn't like insects.

*Read: My heart rate tripled as I felt a red-hot needle of death drive into my left pinky finger, followed by ridiculous flailing, followed by another death needle on my leg, followed by screaming and running and more flailing.

On 6/16/2017 at 9:06 PM, qzgy said:

I once found the flat earth forums, where on guy was trying to argue that the Foucalt pendulum was proof that the earth was flat.

Sounds like a lot less work to believe the scientists and let them do the thinking for us.

Edited by Confused Scientist
And, one last thing, shouldn't the ferry be safer than fording the river? Guess not.

Something I'm growing to really hate: Celebrity cooking shows!!!  :mad:

OK, long story short, I don't watch much TV... especially the stuff on the main networks... barf!!!   :P

When I do watch anything at all, I almost exclusively watch channels like History Channel, or Food Network. I'm a great cook, have worked the line in a couple different restaurants, even ran my own kitchen for about a year... so yeah, I'm a huge Food Network Junkie.

But lately I'm seeing less and less shows with real chefs... and more and more of these stupid celebrity cooking shows instead! OMG... I stopped watching regular TV to get away from these Hollywood knuckleheads, and now all of the ones not currently in some dumb series want their own cooking show!!!   Grrrrrrr :mad:

Edited by Just Jim

On 8/10/2017 at 5:54 AM, NSEP said:

I really don't get Global Warming deniers logic.

The reason for the lack of logic, is there are two separate groups being clumped into one (which I'm sure they would complain about in this thread :D). There are deniers (who are usually just ignorant), and there are anthropomorphically driven global warming deniers, who do not deny the existence of global warming... They see the evidence pointing to geological activity (such as volcanism) and solar cycles dwarfing anything humanity is remotely capable of. They absolutely DO believe in global warming, but see it as a part of the natural cycles of the Earth and solar system. Cycles of heating and cooling will come and go naturally.

But yeah, the ignorant ones are just flat out dumb. The others are simply interpreting the data differently than you do. Remember that even in science, there can be multiple theories, and multiple ways to interpret datasets.

As for my thing to complain about today... I think I am developing ulnar nerve entrapment in my left wrist, and my left mouse button is going intermittent... Sometimes i have to MASH the thing to get it to click, sometimes, it double clicks, sometimes I'm dragging it and the thing just randomly releases... And I HATE regular sized mice... I LIKED Apple's "hockey puck" mouse... I got a Microsoft Optical Notebook Mouse, and I LOVE the shape and the small form factor... I move it with my fingers and wrist instead of the wrist and arm... But it's unreliable as PTTHT! It's the SECOND one I've bought! Ugh...

Edited by richfiles

On 8/11/2017 at 8:17 AM, monstah said:

I've had a tray decide to close by itself as I was putting the disc in it, and it ruined what was one of my favorite albums back then :( 

I hate that I never feel whether its right to "like" a post like this... I agree that it sucks... I don't Like that your disc got trashed! ;.;

"Likes" just feel weird sometimes...
When some tragic, horrifying puppy kicking thing is shown on youtube by people trying to help...
Do... Do you thumbs up to show sympathy, or thumbs down to hate the thing that was done!?!?... GAH! :confused:

I mean, it's obvious that you "like", but it just feels SO WEIRD to "Like" when a bad thing happens.

And my mouse is still dumb...

Edited by richfiles

Not really me complaining about something per se, but me complaining about my stupidity....

I was working on a certain balsa project (not telling yet!) when I went to go put down some superglue I was using.... I look down, and theres the superglue bottle (tube?) stuck to my hand, let it be known that this is the 10 second stuff.... I had some on my hand, and didn`t notice it so it stuck onto the glue tube thing, and some of the glue on the tube cured on my hand, making the joint (get it? its my finger) pretty stronk... GAHH! So I proceeded to peel it off if my finger, cursing my stupidity, now I have so much glue on my hands and its driving me insane

20 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

My computer won't turn on for the 9000th time...

Yee...

Wait.... Then how are you typing this? ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED.

Oh wait, mobile is a thing.

Did some work today (like manual labor) for a friends project, shovelling and spreading stuff. Now everything aches. Its not much, but still something to whine about.

Sometimes when I turn my computer on, the desktop will start to my main monitor, with my secondary monitor active.

Sometimes when I turn my computer on, my main monitor will remain inactive and the desktop will start to my secondary monitor at 800x600 resolution.

There does not seem to be a pattern, or anything I can do to affect which outcome will occur.

I just have to turn it off and on until I get the right one.

Computers. Does anybody really know how they work?

I am really getting sick and tired of these flat earth and "space flight is bogus" idiots descending on every video about space flight. 

One idiot on a crs12 insisted that a rockets would not fly in "negitive pressure" because it needs a "third mass" to push against. In his mind, the air. When Newton's third law was mentioned, he said, no joke, that we'd "misinterpreted it."

it's a !%#£<¥> law of the universe, it's not open for interpretation!

Sweet God almighty... They're like metal heads who invade the comments sections on pop and rap music videos to complain about why those forms of music are more popular. Without a doubt one will pop up.

11 minutes ago, KamenRiderzero1 said:

They're like metal heads who invade the comments sections on pop and rap music videos to complain about why those forms of music are more popular.

I'm going to expand on this a little... even though I'm a metal head myself. I also see this happen a lot, on both sides, and I don't get it either. Why waste your time preaching to people who obviously want to listen to something else? If you don't like a song, why spend two hours starting a flame war in the comment section??? 

Just change the station!!!

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

If you don't like a song, why spend two hours starting a flame war in the comment section?

Indeed. I like Mac OS as a regular, everyday OS to use for... You know, everyday tasks. I'll admit to being an Apple basher, because, lets be fair... The company IS guilty of a number of issues: Poor repairability, poor upgradability, overpriced hardware, form over function, etc... But when you get people saying you're an "Apple fanboi" or that you "drank the Kool-aid" for "using Apple", just for the horrifying crime of mentioning you are on Mac OS... Ugh... I limit my discussions to facts, and I limit my discussions by not insulting people. I also don't go over to PC forums to bash Windows. I speak about Apple's problems where relevant, and speak of what I'd want to see for them to improve (PCI-e slots in pro hardware, of the love of all things good and decent in this world)! :o

My only response to them: "I built a Hackintosh. No, I didn't overpay for my hardware. Heck, I haven't given Apple a penny for over a decade, because they have not made a product that appeals to me in a decade. Yes, my Hackintosh is highly repairable. Yes, it's highly upgradable, and I spent my cash on the best hardware I could afford, aiming for highest performance per dollar for my budget, but also skimping on some parts, so I could upgrade later, when I had more cash. Now it's a powerhouse, so it's very much function first! Also, with a custom 1939 Philco radio cabinet case, that function does not come at the expense of form!"... Take that! Ha! If you don't like the company, or their practices, then why spend so much time seeking out users of the thing you hate, just to berate and look smugly down on... Ugh... That's how I counter all their arguments, without resorting to insults, name calling, or the like... I just make it clear I like the OS, and not the hardware, and I actually did something about it!

Edited by richfiles

14 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

also MS is getting rid of MS paint :mad:

Dude. It's been a long run. That piece of software is most likely older than you, possibly by a large margin. Let it go!

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Just change the station!!!

But, we did! MIR, Skylab, now ISS, they still call it bogus! :wink: 

2 hours ago, monstah said:

Dude. It's been a long run. That piece of software is most likely older than you, possibly by a large margin. Let it go!

but its SO MUCH EASIER then Paint.Net and GIMP!

also, its probably WAY older then me, I'm not even 15 and its from the 1800s? right? they totally had computers then!

9 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

its from the 1800s? right? they totally had computers then!

Weeeeell... The Jacquard loom used punched cards or punched tape to automatically operate a loom, and control the pattern of the weave when manufacturing textiles on a power loom back in 1804... It was a start... MS Weave :sticktongue:

Edited by richfiles

My son popped in today and operated on my laptop. Remember the screw I couldn't get out? Turns out it isn't supposed to come all the way out. He googled a video and two minutes later had the laptop apart. Now I feel stupid for missing the last step. Anyway, my Rogue One DVD that the drive ate is now back in my possession. It suffered some battle scars from the ordeal and skips several times in the first few minutes. Arrgh! I only got to watch it once before it got scratched up. Don't know if I can buff any of the scratches out but will attempt.