Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

On 9/2/2017 at 2:23 AM, ProtoJeb21 said:

I want potato-flavored pop tarts. However, they don't exist.

They dont, but can I interest you in a Birdseye Potato Waffle? You can even do them in the toaster!

Unrelated and I am not complaining, but I like the redesign of the forums

On to my complain! People who don't trust gps's. Even when you are finding the route.

Me: "ok we need to go straight up here" them: "no, I think I saw it up here, we need to turn here" later on, me in my head "it's not here?! What a surprise!"

Misnavigated  on a boat, this looks familiar, I think we need to go this way. Me: looks at gps "no this isn't it" them: are you sure? Me: Yes

later on when we are in the right place, in my head "we are back in the right place? It's almost like someone was using a gps and had some level of competence above the level of a preschooler!"

It gets to me when I can pull up a map, know what direction we are going in, know where we want to go, and know which way we need to go to get there and be overly questioned, and then someone making the exact opposite descion they should. 

Edited by munlander1

People who loudly eat with their mouth open on public transport.

WHAT ARE YOU?? FOUR YEARS OLD??

Seriously, eat your danged oatmeal, banana or other disgustingly sloppy food at home if you've got to gape like that. I dont need to see the back of your mouth dripping with mixed-berry yogurt at this time in the morning.

9 hours ago, p1t1o said:

People who loudly eat with their mouth open on public transport.

WHAT ARE YOU?? FOUR YEARS OLD??

Seriously, eat your danged oatmeal, banana or other disgustingly sloppy food at home if you've got to gape like that. I dont need to see the back of your mouth dripping with mixed-berry yogurt at this time in the morning.

So, I'm in Houston for business with my boss (back around 2004, IIRC), and it is decided that we will be joining the COO of our company for dinner at a fairly upscale restaurant (Taste of Texas, which totally rocks, BTW). We get there and through the course of the meal we discover that despite the fact that this man is a multi-millionaire with an MBA, he has the table manners of a 3-year-old. Constantly chewing with his mouth open. Loudly. Constantly talking through a mouthful of food. Pointing at everyone with his fork. Gripping his knife like he was going to murder with it. His place at the table looked like an abattoir. And, to make things even worse: This is one of my buttons. One of the things in life that just drives me around the bend. So there are points in the meal where I am literally having to just close my eyes, and fold my hands, and take a deep breath, and count to ten. At one point my boss is all (quietly), "Are you okay, man?" Afterwards I told him what was going on and we had a huge laugh about it. It turned into a running joke at work, "Dinner with Howard."

And now when we're eating dinner and I'm harshing on my kids about their manners and my wife says, "Don't worry, honey, they'll get it eventually," I can say, "That isn't a certainty."

various potato-related posts

So I gave it a google, and boy do they make ALOT of pop tart flavours! I actually started thinking I'd find potato flavour.

This was the best I could find though:

Spoiler

Apparently it was an April Fools thing.

d662457688d46265b99ac99cc2bfc365.png

Edited by p1t1o
"bot"

4 hours ago, munlander1 said:

Is that even legal?

According to the Texas State Bar hotline: "Texas law is rather unclear.  Or conflicting."

In the case of repair/construction/emergency, the landlord can deny the tenant access to the property.

Day 1 (30 Aug): Rescue essential items from house once house is accessible.

Day 2: Dispose of damaged/unneeded stuff in garage.

Day 3: Moving/disposing of stuff in "squishy" rooms.  Landlord says "Remove everything from any carpeted areas of house."

Day 4: Begin removing everything from carpeted areas.  Time to rest.  Landlord says "Remove everything from tiled areas of house."

Day 5: Finish removing everything from carpeted areas.  Move everything from tiled area to de-carpeted room.  Sick as hell.  Dust from carpet and drywall removal fills air.  Finally done.  Time to rest.  Landlord says "Nice job of packing everything in garage.  Now it needs to be away from the walls."

Day 6: Insurance company totals both vehicles.  Move stuff from garage wall areas into de-carpeted rooms.  Finally done?  Time to rest?  

Day 7: Supposed to be back at work.  Take injured kid to ER.  Sleep for a couple of hours.  Take screaming kid back to ER.  Call in sick to work.  Sleep for a couple of hours.  Glorious rest is finally within my grasp.  Landlord says "You need to have all your stuff out by tomorrow."  Move stuff to newly acquired storage unit, begin packing everything that wasn't at floor level.

Day 8 (Today): We pick up the U-Haul to move the furniture in a few hours.  Then more packing while we wait for our friends that have actually returned to work to arrive in the evening.  (Damnit.  I forgot to tell my boss I wouldn't be there.  Oops.)

Day 9: The world can just go &*^*&(!!($) itself.

2 hours ago, razark said:

According to the Texas State Bar hotline: "Texas law is rather unclear.  Or conflicting."

In the case of repair/construction/emergency, the landlord can deny the tenant access to the property.

Day 1 (30 Aug): Rescue essential items from house once house is accessible.

Day 2: Dispose of damaged/unneeded stuff in garage.

Day 3: Moving/disposing of stuff in "squishy" rooms.  Landlord says "Remove everything from any carpeted areas of house."

Day 4: Begin removing everything from carpeted areas.  Time to rest.  Landlord says "Remove everything from tiled areas of house."

Day 5: Finish removing everything from carpeted areas.  Move everything from tiled area to de-carpeted room.  Sick as hell.  Dust from carpet and drywall removal fills air.  Finally done.  Time to rest.  Landlord says "Nice job of packing everything in garage.  Now it needs to be away from the walls."

Day 6: Insurance company totals both vehicles.  Move stuff from garage wall areas into de-carpeted rooms.  Finally done?  Time to rest?  

Day 7: Supposed to be back at work.  Take injured kid to ER.  Sleep for a couple of hours.  Take screaming kid back to ER.  Call in sick to work.  Sleep for a couple of hours.  Glorious rest is finally within my grasp.  Landlord says "You need to have all your stuff out by tomorrow."  Move stuff to newly acquired storage unit, begin packing everything that wasn't at floor level.

Day 8 (Today): We pick up the U-Haul to move the furniture in a few hours.  Then more packing while we wait for our friends that have actually returned to work to arrive in the evening.  (Damnit.  I forgot to tell my boss I wouldn't be there.  Oops.)

Day 9: The world can just go &*^*&(!!($) itself.

Damn man, that sucks. I have friends up in Katy (my ex-boss) who lucked out, water was lapping at their door but never got in the house. But they spent the whole weekend cleaning out their neighbors' houses.

For a science project we were told that NASA had discovered an earth like planet orbiting s star not so far from the solar system.

The only problem is the lack of information. Assuming they say it should be meant to function on earth, wouldn't a water craft be better? Assuming it has to be a land vehicle, were would it land? I feel like it's way to broad. Even though I know I am over thinking this, the ksp player in me is really frustrated with a lack of info.

If I am not mistaken, Huygens had equipment meant to be used if it landed in one of the hydrogen lakes. I might use that as a case for a "base" probe. Kind of like Huygens. 

10 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I have friends up in Katy (my ex-boss) who lucked out, water was lapping at their door but never got in the house.

Some of our neighbors had entire houses flooded, some had feet of water, some had water up to the roof.  We were lucky, and had maybe a couple of inches of water in about a quarter of the house, plus the garage.  We're almost done moving everything out.  Only the kitchen and backyard stuff left to pack or take to the trash, and return the U-Haul tomorrow.

The landlord says his insurance wants the house stripped to the slab and studs.  Jackass even "borrowed" my tools to rip up carpet and drywall, and now they're gone.  Of course, as soon as we're out, we're turning off the water and power.

I have some great friends.  Aside from that, we've had people coming through offering water and food.  One day, someone dropped off hot dogs.  Another day, someone handed us sandwiches.  Recently, someone offered a choice of sandwich or spaghetti, gave us ice cream, water and gatorade, and a bag of ice.

36 minutes ago, razark said:

Some of our neighbors had entire houses flooded, some had feet of water, some had water up to the roof.  We were lucky, and had maybe a couple of inches of water in about a quarter of the house, plus the garage.  We're almost done moving everything out.  Only the kitchen and backyard stuff left to pack or take to the trash, and return the U-Haul tomorrow.

The landlord says his insurance wants the house stripped to the slab and studs.  Jackass even "borrowed" my tools to rip up carpet and drywall, and now they're gone.  Of course, as soon as we're out, we're turning off the water and power.

I have some great friends.  Aside from that, we've had people coming through offering water and food.  One day, someone dropped off hot dogs.  Another day, someone handed us sandwiches.  Recently, someone offered a choice of sandwich or spaghetti, gave us ice cream, water and gatorade, and a bag of ice.

See, this is the sort of thing that makes me want to just take a week off work, throw all my tools in the back of my truck and drive to Houston. But then my wife will stop me at the door and talk sense into me.

1 hour ago, munlander1 said:

For a science project we were told that NASA had discovered an earth like planet orbiting s star not so far from the solar system.

The only problem is the lack of information. Assuming they say it should be meant to function on earth, wouldn't a water craft be better? Assuming it has to be a land vehicle, were would it land? I feel like it's way to broad. Even though I know I am over thinking this, the ksp player in me is really frustrated with a lack of info.

If I am not mistaken, Huygens had equipment meant to be used if it landed in one of the hydrogen lakes. I might use that as a case for a "base" probe. Kind of like Huygens. 

See, the smart-ass in me would go the other way. So, it's an Earth-like world? Okay, the probe lands in the middle of a traffic circle in Poughkeepsie, New York. Well, you said it was "Earth-like", but you didn't say how Earth-like, so I just assumed that it was completely identical. (Most of my schoolteachers loved me. Some of them loathed me. But all of them remember me. :cool:)

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:54 PM, munlander1 said:

SNIP

at least you HAVE a project, all I have is a bunch of stupid "safety" stuff we have known for 4 years

and then English. ohhhh English. whats infuriating is that my teacher says "okay! this was on {HERE} so you should all know what we are talking about"

the problem was I was in Wisconsin. with no device to contact the internet...so its a bit hard to get to a website with no way to even get on the internet. so then I am now back in school (yaaaaay...) and he continuously says "oh this was {HERE} so you should know it...oh you don't know it. too bad"

1 hour ago, StupidAndy said:

at least you HAVE a project, all I have is a bunch of stupid "safety" stuff we have known for 4 years

and then English. ohhhh English. whats infuriating is that my teacher says "okay! this was on {HERE} so you should all know what we are talking about"

the problem was I was in Wisconsin. with no device to contact the internet...so its a bit hard to get to a website with no way to even get on the internet. so then I am now back in school (yaaaaay...) and he continuously says "oh this was {HERE} so you should know it...oh you don't know it. too bad"

Your school/community doesn't have a library with computers?

I'd like to complain about the fact that we don't have a probe around Saturn anymore... We are proud of you, Cassini... ;.;

Also adding the additional complaint that Uranus needs some love too. Why are we not probing Uranus! :rolleyes:
And Neptune. Neptune too. It's been a while since the Voyager fly by.

Edited by richfiles