Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

People who will not try something new, will not think, and will not experiment.
People who immediately dismiss any solution that cannot be bought "off the shelf", preferably from China.
People who liquid on anything they don't understand, and refuse to learn.
People whose interest in, and respect for those working on a task is directly proportional to their understanding of said task.
People who immediately stop listening to me as soon as I say "math", "calculate", or "oscilloscope".
People who say "just do it for me" whenever I try to explain anything, so I have to waste my time doing it for them repeatedly.
Other people in general.
I'll take machines over people any day, at least they don't actively obstruct me when I'm trying to get something done.

Edited by steve_v

I came back to Minecraft PE after not playing it for a while. And man, oh boy oh boy, they ruined a once simple game.

Incoming rant!

Spoiler

Let me start off, well, first of all, they made a seperate entity, the new 'MCPE' wich was not the original app, but an entirely new app. So what? Do you have to REBUY that game in order to keep up-to-date? Im not saying €8,- is alot wich most people can't pay, but i can hear the kids crying in the distance because their parents just don't wanna. Well, Microsoft just got a big bunch of money just from that.

Thats not all, now you have to BUY resource packs and mods, yes BUY them. They implemented this thing i think are called MineCoins, long story short: Now you got to waste your money, otherwise you are not a cool kid with cool stuff. Like Roblox or HABBO. As far as i know, MineCoins are not earnable in-game. Don't worry, they did not impement this gunk into the PC version (wich is now called JAVA edition). But i don't know if they plopped the money straw into the XBOX and PS4 juice.

Im not trying to say Minecraft is dying! Ugh! This is the end! Im just trying to tell you guys why im sorta mad.

The moral of the story is: Don't let moneyhungry people take over your hard work!

I mean srsly! Even Markuss Person, they original creator himself dislikes this idea.

37 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

OK. I will. Minecraft is dying. So are most other complex RPG games.

Well, in my view, a game died when development stops and nobody plays or talks about it anymore. But thats my view.

...and here I am, fuming and grumbling over the fact my damned parking brake idiot light on the dash won't go out. Why? WHY?!?!!

Cars. Pffft!

Give me a horse any day. At least when it's broken, I know how to fix it... shoot it.

2 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

OK. I will. Minecraft is dying. So are most other complex RPG games.

Games...dont live forever....dunno why you'd expect them to. Minecraft is over 6 years old, its doing pretty darn well.

Complex RPGs....I might have agreed at some point in the past, but there are actually a lot of really good ones if you wade through the crap and look, though I suppose it depends on your personal definition of "complexity". Personally I feel that it is our standards that have risen, rather than complexity falling.

Just to be OT:

Games dont live forever!

Edited by p1t1o

On 10/17/2017 at 1:50 PM, NSEP said:

Hmmm, i smell something, odd here....

Don't let the person who labeled this program any Mars orbiters...

Edited by richfiles
Really? No one got this reference? Scrolls down... Ah, at least someone got it! :D

8 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Games dont live forever!

Are you sure about that???

There's games still around since the beginning of recorded history, some dug up even before recorded history... many you've likely played at some point or another. They may change format and medium, but truly good games (or at least their concept) never grow old. :wink:

7 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

There's games still around since the beginning of recorded history, some dug up even before recorded history... many you've likely played at some point or another. They may change format and medium, but truly good games (or at least their concept) never grow old. :wink:

Agreed!

I love a good old fashioned chess match... preferably not played on a computer! :wink:

11 hours ago, LordFerret said:

here I am, fuming and grumbling over the fact my damned parking brake idiot light on the dash won't go out. Why? WHY?!?!!

Probably because the little plunger switch somewhere under the parking brake lever is jammed.
I have no idea why anyone would need this light anyway, most of my vehicles are too old to have one and I don't feel I'm missing anything.
Put a bit of tape over it if it annoys you, and if it feels like the park brake is still on... Check the park brake.

Which leads me to another complaint:
Vehicles that beep at you if you open the door with the keys in the ignition, beep at you if you don't have a seatbelt on and the keys are in the ignition, won't let you start the engine without your foot on the clutch AND the gearbox in neutral, beep at you if you exceed 100KM/H, etc. etc. Stop badgering me already, I know what I'm doing. How does anyone drive these things without going insane?

And why is that bloody beeper so hard to extract from the dash? I had to take half the interior out to kill the damn thing last time. And the ignition interlock is jammed in above the gearbox where you need rubber arms to reach...
Gah, give me a vehicle made before 1980 any day.

Edited by steve_v

7 hours ago, LordFerret said:

<groooooooaaaaaaaaan>

:wink:

14 hours ago, NSEP said:

Hmmm, i smell something, odd here....

Infographic-1-600x400.jpg

Falcon 9 heavy is....84feet tall? Woops!

And that is not the SLS.

And...oof...mixing feet and metres....no

11 hours ago, richfiles said:

Don't let the person who labeled this program any Mars orbiters...

Or use sharp edged tools unsupervised....or stairs...or doors....y'know, to be safe, just dont let them out of your sight.

Edited by p1t1o

8 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Agreed. Hunting, wich can be considered a sport too, has been around for at least half a billion years.

28 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I hate Halloween. There, I said it.

Not the biggest fan either. We don't really celebrate Halloween Halloween in the Netherlands, all we do is join in on the vibe and open a few haunted houses. You don't get it forced into your head luckily, its all by choice.

20 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

He hates a holiday? He's either a dentist or a vegetarian. :wink:

VEGETARIAN! Them's fightin' words! :wink:

I've just never liked it. I'm not into dressing up in costume. I never liked trick-or-treating, it feels like begging to me. I don't like horror movies, or zombies, or anything in that whole genre, really. It's my least favorite holiday on the calendar. I'm just happy every year when it's over and we can move on to Thanksgiving, which is my absolute favorite holiday on the calendar. Nothing to do but eat turkey, hang out with my family, and laugh at all the nitwits running around on Black Friday. :D

33 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I hate Halloween. There, I said it.

I don't. I can wear my Starfleet captain's uniform, tricorder, and phaser to the campus and not get strange looks... :D

24 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

He hates a holiday? He's either a dentist or a vegetarian. :wink:

There's a song for that...

Spoiler

Yup, might describe @TheSaint...

9 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

That was exactly what came to mind. Steve Martin in his prime. :D

Yup... I agree. But I will admit, I enjoyed watching him, Eugene Levy, and Queen Latifa in Bringing Down the House. I laughed so hard the first time I saw that movie...

Edited by adsii1970