Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

I dislike it when teacher think you're not working while you are working. 

I finished all my homework early for Math, so i bet my teacher think i just checked everything without doing anything.

Likely a repeat complaint, but @#$#@!# people who don't use their turn signals.

In a perfect world anyone who doesn't use their turn signal twice in a row (anyone can forget once in a while I suppose, but twice in a row means they are not in the habit) would safely reach their destination, get inside, and keel over dead.

32 minutes ago, tater said:

Likely a repeat complaint, but @#$#@!# people who don't use their turn signals.

In a perfect world anyone who doesn't use their turn signal twice in a row (anyone can forget once in a while I suppose, but twice in a row means they are not in the habit) would safely reach their destination, get inside, and keel over dead.

I can relate to those problems (but with bicycles and sticking your hand out instead). But whenever i use signals, some @#%$€% kid jumps in front of me and blocks the turn im about to make, nearly causing an accident (on purpose).

18 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I can relate to those problems (but with bicycles and sticking your hand out instead). But whenever i use signals, some @#%$€% kid jumps in front of me and blocks the turn im about to make, nearly causing an accident (on purpose).

I particularly hate people who think it’s a good idea to be in their phones while biking and then inevitably end up cutting me off as I’m about to turn for a corner. It’s ridiculous! 

Also, people who are slower than you who swerve around trying to stop you from overtaking them. 

12 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I particularly hate people who think it’s a good idea to be in their phones while biking and then inevitably end up cutting me off as I’m about to turn for a corner. It’s ridiculous! 

Also, people who are slower than you who swerve around trying to stop you from overtaking them. 

I encounter people cycling and staring at their phones every day. Usually they drive incredibly slow, and its extremely annoying on narrow roads. If you are an older/younger person i might understand and accept the fact that you drive slow (sometimes you see people trying to teach their kids how to cyce and its cute but it does not have to be done in busy traffic space), but if you have healthy legs and still drive at walking speed then GO FASTER YOU DONKEE.

Using your phones while cycling causes deaths ya know.

19 minutes ago, NSEP said:

I encounter people cycling and staring at their phones every day. Usually they drive incredibly slow, and its extremely annoying on narrow roads. If you are an older/younger person i might understand and accept the fact that you drive slow (sometimes you see people trying to teach their kids how to cyce and its cute but it does not have to be done in busy traffic space), but if you have healthy legs and still drive at walking speed then GO FASTER YOU DONKEE.

Using your phones while cycling causes deaths ya know.

Not just when cycling :D

This one time, I was standing still near the edge of the sidewalk, waiting for the bus, when I saw this woman coming towards me. She was completely engrossed in her phone, and actually said 'watch where you're going' when she bumped into me. I probably should have moved lol.

Edited by Earthlinger

5 minutes ago, Diche Bach said:

Twitter.

Com'n humanity. We are better than this.

I've always hated Twitter. Even back at its inception I took one look at it and thought, "That's the dumbest idea ever." We already have a society that is hamstrung by the fact that nobody wants to discuss and debate complex issues in complex terms, they all want everything condensed down to a 30-second sound bite. And then along comes Twitter, and suddenly 30 seconds is actually too long, now you have to boil everything down to 140 characters. And they wonder why everyone has the attention span of a four-year-old on a sugar high. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I've always hated Twitter. Even back at its inception I took one look at it and thought, "That's the dumbest idea ever." We already have a society that is hamstrung by the fact that nobody wants to discuss and debate complex issues in complex terms, they all want everything condensed down to a 30-second sound bite. And then along comes Twitter, and suddenly 30 seconds is actually too long, now you have to boil everything down to 140 characters. And they wonder why everyone has the attention span of a four-year-old on a sugar high. :rolleyes:

[Moderator edit] do we really want a polity and a society more broadly where the texture of daily life and the biggest decisions we make as collectives are primarily influenced by 140 character sound bytes?

Edited by Vanamonde

31 minutes ago, Diche Bach said:

[D]o we really want a polity and a society more broadly where the texture of daily life and the biggest decisions we make as collectives are primarily influenced by 140 character sound bytes?

But haven't we been there for years?  Speeches have been reduced to sound bites or a handful of phrases.  What, besides "Tear down this wall", did Reagan say in that speech?  What were the "other things" that Kennedy mentioned in his Rice speech "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things..."?  Out of an hour-long press conference, what did Nixon say besides "I'm not a crook"?

We've been there for a long time.  We've just gotten better tools for doing it now.

[snip]

3 hours ago, razark said:

But haven't we been there for years?  Speeches have been reduced to sound bites or a handful of phrases.  What, besides "Tear down this wall", did Reagan say in that speech?  What were the "other things" that Kennedy mentioned in his Rice speech "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things..."?  Out of an hour-long press conference, what did Nixon say besides "I'm not a crook"?

We've been there for a long time.  We've just gotten better tools for doing it now.

You gentlemen can come drink my whiskey anytime. :wink:

We are in danger of running aground on 2.2b here, but I do agree that it is the latest expression of a problem that has been dogging us for decades. The Kennedy-Nixon debates immediately come to mind. But Twitter to me was a huge indicator that the problem is getting worse, not better.

6 minutes ago, munlander1 said:

It's amazing how similar some European languages are.

Its not that surprising actually. All european languages share a common background (well sorta, in the language families - germanic, latin etc) and if a group splinters off and settles a new place without much interaction, of course the language is going to change, but not by much. And the languages of people near each other will start to resemble similar things, and if there was an invasion of some sort, they would have brought their language with them and it might have integrated into the culture. European language similarity is also helped by the fact that its relatively small. A country is more sized like a US state than the US

Excuse the bad explanation of ligual development.