Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

5 hours ago, NSEP said:

Are you looking for help?

39 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I've battled depression my whole life.  I'm not judgmental and can be a pretty good sounding board.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

9 hours ago, munlander1 said:

Im sick and reviewing for finals. I rrreeeaaallllyyttt want to stay home but this is like the worst time to be sick. 

Same here. I'm sick, but can't stay home because we just started new stuff in two classes, and I have a project in another.

So DayQuil and Luden's to the rescue. 

15 hours ago, munlander1 said:

Im sick and reviewing for finals. I rrreeeaaallllyyttt want to stay home but this is like the worst time to be sick. 

Am i the only one who goes to school even when sick? Maybe its bad because i can spread something like a cold around. Or maybe i never really had such terrible 'sickness' that i wanted to stay home.

I've been bashing my head against the wall for like two weeks now trying to get this stupid Huion 1060 Plus graphics tablet to play with Linux Mint.  Googling it pretty much brings me to a bunch of forum threads that are either:

1. You need to install this driver! $githublink (Works for them, not for me)

2. The drivers are already included as of $kernelnumber so everything works except this minor function

3. The one thread with no function whatsoever resulted in the discovery of a dead tablet. (Mine works fine in Windows)

The shear number of "It just works out of the box" posts is driving me insane.  This is a Christmas gift for my daughter and the thing just won't work.:mad:

(Not really looking for help here just insanely frustrated)

9 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I've been bashing my head against the wall for like two weeks now trying to get this stupid Huion 1060 Plus graphics tablet to play with Linux Mint.  Googling it pretty much brings me to a bunch of forum threads that are either:

1. You need to install this driver! $githublink (Works for them, not for me)

2. The drivers are already included as of $kernelnumber so everything works except this minor function

3. The one thread with no function whatsoever resulted in the discovery of a dead tablet. (Mine works fine in Windows)

The shear number of "It just works out of the box" posts is driving me insane.  This is a Christmas gift for my daughter and the thing just won't work.:mad:

(Not really looking for help here just insanely frustrated)

1. Throw the tablet away.

2. Buy her a pony.

(Since you aren't looking for help, I figured I'd offer something completely unhelpful. :wink: )

1 minute ago, TheSaint said:

1. Throw the tablet away.

2. Buy her a pony.

(Since you aren't looking for help, I figured I'd offer something completely unhelpful. :wink: )

You've still been more helpful than the rest of the internet.

Just now, razark said:

Knowing the internet, someone's probably gotten Linux running on the horse.

Well they did get it running on Pie...

5 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

And now they're sitting in their mom's basement playing Minecraft on it.

...which has its own version of Minecraft.

You can buy a can of coke at school but its 2.6 times the price it should me.

Sort of weird for a place where you can go to the supermarket, and buy 2.6 times the coke for the same price.

As you can probably tell, im not an economist and i should probably stay away from this topic for a while :sticktongue:

Some posts have been removed. While political developments may affect us all, discussions of them never end well on this forum and we've had to rule the subject off-limits. 

Also, don't go threatening to perpetrate crimes here, no matter how angry you are and not even if you mean it as a joke to express anger. 

10 minutes ago, Diche Bach said:

C++ documentation. Its like a tradition to be as obscure as possible.

I feel the same way any time I stumble across php.net documentation.  I learn best by seeing examples, and theirs always seem to be as convoluted as possible.

It seems programming documentation is written under the guise that you already know what you're doing.

On 12/13/2017 at 12:53 PM, NSEP said:

Am i the only one who goes to school even when sick? Maybe its bad because i can spread something like a cold around. Or maybe i never really had such terrible 'sickness' that i wanted to stay home.

Only reason why I stayed home is because I puked and my alarm didn't wake me up the next morning 

32 minutes ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

I have nothing to do for an hour. I have no homework, my computer is dead, it's dark out, and my internet doesn't feel like working fast enough for YouTube.

Draw something? IDK.

4 hours ago, NSEP said:

I always feel good after i vomit.

Like i just spawned in this world.

Are you ok..? I don't think vomiting is typically pleasurable...

As for an actual complaint - ow. I went rock climbing the other day and now various tendons and muscles hurt.

40 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I don't think he meant the act of vomiting is, but the typical feeling of "Oh god I finally got that crap out" afterward.

5 hours ago, qzgy said:

Well if you are feeling sick and you spew out the thing that is making you sick you do not feel sick anymore.