Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

Why is no one complaining about anything in the complaint thread? :mad: 

Back to the topic, please. 

Because we're basically happy people with positive outlooks on life? :D

40 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmmm... people were just commenting on roaches... OK, got it...

Blehhh!!! I hate roaches! Florida has these monster mutant "Palmetto Bug" roaches... look like a Xenomorph's housecat!!!

Man, I HATE Florida roaches!!!

Grrrrr............. :mad:

Hawaii roaches. Having seen both, I have to say that Florida roaches have nothing on Hawaii roaches. One of my dad's friends moved to Hawaii in the late-1970s. He had to keep all his flour and sugar in steel containers, otherwise it would be infested with roaches inside of a day. My dad asked him once how he killed the roaches. He said, "Oh, that's easy. You get some honey, and you start a trail of honey out of the kitchen and the roach follows the honey. And you lead it down the hall and into the garage and up onto the wall. And once the roach is up on the wall of the garage you hit it with your car."

6 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Because we're basically happy people with positive outlooks on life? :D

Hawaii roaches. Having seen both, I have to say that Florida roaches have nothing on Hawaii roaches. One of my dad's friends moved to Hawaii in the late-1970s. He had to keep all his flour and sugar in steel containers, otherwise it would be infested with roaches inside of a day. My dad asked him once how he killed the roaches. He said, "Oh, that's easy. You get some honey, and you start a trail of honey out of the kitchen and the roach follows the honey. And you lead it down the hall and into the garage and up onto the wall. And once the roach is up on the wall of the garage you hit it with your car."

Seriously???  Wow... yucchhhh.... I'm never going to Hawaii!!!!  :P

CRAP!!!! I just and a thought, and now I have a HUGE gripe!!!

Top, number one item on my bucket list is to someday visit Japan, especially Tokyo...

How the hell am I getting to Tokyo without making a stop-over in Hawaii, land of Mutant Monster Garage Roaches??? 

GRRRRRRRR   :mad:

Edited by Just Jim

11 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

How the hell am I getting to Tokyo without making a stop-over in Hawaii, land of Mutant Monster Garage Roaches??? 

Like.... any of the nonstop flights to Narita Airport in Japan? Those exist you know....

Having gone that direction a number of times, its certainly possible to get a direct flight from someplace like Chicago. Checking quickly yielded this - https://www.travelmath.com/nonstop-flight/from/ORD/to/NRT

Considering O'Hare is a pretty big airport I'm sure you can get a flight from Tampa or some other airport near you to O'hare as a connection.

My complaint (to keep it somewhat relevant) - school is very much a morning person thing, while I'm semi-nocturnal. Also missing a spiedie recipe. :wink:

Edited by qzgy

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Oh, don't even get me started on Florida Mosquitoes!!!  

YUCCHHHH!!!!!  :mad:

Those are nothing compared to Chincoteague mosquitoes. In only like a minute I was bitten probably over 50 times and had to flee.

3 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Like.... any of the nonstop flights to Narita Airport in Japan? Those exist you know....

Actually, no, I didn't know. I haven't flown in decades.

4 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Also missing a spiedie recipe. :wink:

And to bring this back on topic... I haven't been able to find it yet...

Grrrrr..... :mad:

hehehe

I'm a busser, and these kids came in from a baseball game and they are there for 4 hours. I go to clean up the table and there is a huge puddle of salt (about 4in by 4in) right in the middle of the table. I was disappointed (they were about early elementary by the looks of them)...and then i saw the 6 by 6 pile of salt on the floor! Who ever was with them was also only there for not even half their meal...Gotta say though, it was better than the parents who, instead of asking for the tiny 4in app plates, decided that it was ok for their kids to eat french fries with a big pile of ketchup on their paper kids menus...

Worst so far was a 3 or 4 year old playing in barbecue sauce...It took me 5-6 minutes to clean that table, I can usually do it in 2-3.

One task from this week's exam in English:

"You've been asked to write a film/book review. Give a short summary and a reason why you like/dislike it" (paraphrased)

Okay... I... I don't watch movies, neither do I read books. Well, I do, but I don't think a review about A Brief History Of Time is an expected answer here.

I have anotger roach gripe (not sure if it was a roach)

One, I had to go to the bathroom horribly bad, and the only ones nearby were nasty school restrooms. I walk in the Men's restroom, and less than 5 feet from the door there's this huge (~4 inch long)... Big thing. It's abdomen was glowing green, too. 

It was probably a literal mutant roach.

I screamed at over 2000 Hertz, bolted, and the only other place to go was the woman's restroom. I'm not going in there so I have to wait an hour to get home to use a restroom.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:51 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Those are nothing compared to Chincoteague mosquitoes. In only like a minute I was bitten probably over 50 times and had to flee.

Weird thing is, some of my friends are mosquito magnets and I douse myself in bugspray everytime we go hiking or the like. I've only been stabbed around, say, 15 times in my life. 

When I was little I got a mosquito puncture wound in my ear, and I hadn't learned not to scrach moquito stabs. My ear inflated to like twice it's normal size.

Edited by TheMadKraken2297
Forums, Are you drunk? Do you seriously have to ask my motivation for improving my posts?

Given this

1 hour ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

It's abdomen was glowing green, too. 

This is an appropriate response.

1 hour ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

screamed at over 2000 Hertz, bolted,

My complaint of the day - just learned in RSS/RO that AJ-10s are restartable. Not only that but also thatI can't get to the frigging moon. I'm probably super close, but...... eh.

23 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Given this

This is an appropriate response.

My complaint of the day - just learned in RSS/RO that AJ-10s are restartable. Not only that but also thatI can't get to the frigging moon. I'm probably super close, but...... eh.

The Mid series has an upgrade that makes it restartable, but not many of the other engines do. In case you didn't know, if you right click on engines and click show GUI, you can upgrade them from there.

On 4/6/2018 at 2:51 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Those are nothing compared to Chincoteague mosquitoes

sticker-mosquito.pngofficial_yukon_bird_mosquito_lapel_pin_h

My complaint is that my 4-month-old, 50lb Mountain Labernese puppy just came charging into the living room chasing the cat. While the cat dodged behind the couch, Oreo took the straight line approach and jumped up on me while I was sitting on the couch browsing this very thread, knocking my morning cuppa coffee all over me and the couch! :mad:

@adsii1970: I very much enjoyed reading about the hijinks of your students several pages back.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

I am currently annoyed with Newcastle Brown Ale.

When I last dealt with them, their labels came off very easily after just a soak in hot water, but now they've switched to some plastic thing that requires a lot more effort to remove.

Edit:
And the glue is not as easy as the old stuff.  At least it comes off well enough with some rubbing alcohol.  Now I need to go to the store for more alcohol.

Edited by razark

I know I'm nothing else than a standard complaining person but after a five hours trip I just have enough.

Now, with what happened this morning I don't know who I hate the most on the roads... the stupid SUV driver staying at less than 0.1 seconds from my rear bump while driving at 70 mph/112 kmh and who will crush me with her/his troop carrier in case of a collision? The stupid pickup driver who don't have to use her/his right hand to pass the speed and so is using it to text-and-drive? The stupid old-timer in Lincoln driving at 20 under the limitation and who is slaloming between the lanes? The stupid junior driver running at 20 over the limitation and who is flashing her/his front lights at me while I'm on the damned right lane to go faster while the others are free to go? The Prius driver slaloming just like if he/she was on a rally track? The Corolla and Camry drivers who kept their blue LED headlights high beam on while driving at night? The one in front who is totally unable to maintain a minimum correct speed (I mean, less than 10 mph of difference), and who could really turns on the speed keeper? The one who is accelerating at the time you are passing her/him? The one who...

Also, I'm starting to hate myself for hating them.

1 hour ago, XB-70A said:

I don't know who I hate the most on the roads...

Oh, hey, that's one of those rare moments when you actually should use 'whom.' Feel free to complain about me nitpicking / grammar policing. I actually consider it a PSA. But I digress. Sounds like your trip was amongst typical BC Lower Mainland drivers, where turn signals seem to be expensive options that nobody cares to have installed on their cars. Or they all ran out of blinker fluid... :huh:

Edited by StrandedonEarth

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Oh, hey, that's one of those rare moments when you actually should use 'whom.' Feel free to complain about me nitpicking / grammar policing. I actually consider it a PSA. But I digress.

There is no way to complain about, per contra it is still nice to learn so thanks for the tip :) Also, with four years passed to study Latin literature, researching and composing text, a.k.a. "essays", I can be a real linguistic nutter with my first language...

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Sounds like your trip was amongst typical BC Lower Mainland drivers, where turn signals seem to be expensive options that nobody cares to have installed on their cars. Or they all ran out of blinker fluid... :huh:

Typical Florida's highways traffic. I'm always trying to avoid the interstates and highways, as much as possible, but sometime it's mandatory for me to drive on them. Otherwise the extreme majority of the peoples are nice (or almost) on the smaller roads, still there is some nice exceptions:

When there is only one lane to turn on the left, that you do not have the priority, and you do not want to wait:

Spoiler

GPtamuW.gif

When the one in front of you is going at the same speed than the one on the right lane, and you have about 2-3' (less than a meter) of horizontal separation:

Spoiler

k7sOvpu.gif

Btw, the distance and the eye fish lens do not allow to really realize but the pick-up driver nearly lost control.

Then, when an old timer in a Mazda 6 is not considering that traffic can be on his left:

Spoiler

rKMCy0Y.gif

The worst being that I saw this man coming in and immediately imagined the possibility that he would force the passage, so I slowed down to 8-10 mph at the time I was crossing the parked cars.

At least to drive here is giving some good reflexes :D

Edited by XB-70A

4 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Sounds like your trip was amongst typical BC Lower Mainland drivers, where turn signals seem to be expensive options that nobody cares to have installed on their cars. Or they all ran out of blinker fluid... :huh:

I can attest to that

Edited by RoadRunnerAerospace

5 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Edmonton and Calgary are no better, and add not driving with your headlights on when it's 3:30AM.

" Oh yeah, my DRL lights are good enough. The dash is all lit up. My lights must be on. I don't know why it's so dark outside!"

*facepalm X100*

So this has been happening for a few days.

30415275_1603532213097260_62743779258358

Normally my basement floods a little bit when it rains a lot.  Which it has been.  But the rain stopped, and the flooding didn't.  A few soggy drywall punches later, I found that.

Thankfully, I guess, this is in the laundry room by the floor drain, so I suppose it could have been much worse.

Edited by Geonovast