Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

I have a love hate relationship with EULAs

On one hand, I like knowing what peeps are doing with my data

On the other hand, I kinda liked not knowing...

But then again ignorance is not exactly bliss. This factoring into my "Utopia Is Dystopia" theory(?). Probably not the first guy to think of that tho.

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

54 said they actively try to avoid having to read books or newspapers, or any sort of recreational reading

.... People like this.... actually exist? Thats surprising...... maybe also concerning....

For myself personally, I like recreational reading a lot. Nowadays I haven't as much but I've been doing it on the train and to procrastinate from reading other less interesting stuff.

10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

54 said they actively try to avoid having to read books or newspapers, or any sort of recreational reading.

To be honest, I don't want my time enjoying the fields or keeping up with my family members to be interrupted by news.

But then that's for only like 2 weeks or so. Otherwise I try to follow news... miss proper newspapers though :(

Edited by YNM

17 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

post-Spongebob society

:lol: But even Spongebob used his “Imagination” although now that I think about it I don’t recall him reading much. 

I read to escape this messed-up world we live on. As a kid I was known to read the ingredients on the cereal box while eating breakfast (my intro to chemistry). These days that’s too scary to read

Just now, StrandedonEarth said:

I read to escape this messed-up world we live on. As a kid I was known to read the ingredients on the cereal box while eating breakfast (my intro to chemistry). These days that’s too scary to read

Wow,I read the cereal boxes, too! And you're right. Today's cereal ingredients resembles a mad scientist's experiment!

And I too, read to escape reality...

18 hours ago, Lisias said:

smartphones are useful toys on these situations.

I knooowww! But I put my smartphone in silent mode, and keep it in my bag, which I deposit at the library baggage counter.....I regretted not having my phone with me!!!

Politics makes everybody mad. Unfortunately, it makes us all mad at different sides, and then we fight each other over it. So please leave that sort of subject for other forums. 

A couple of posts have been removed from this thread. 

8 hours ago, YNM said:

To be honest, I don't want my time enjoying the fields or keeping up with my family members to be interrupted by news.

But then that's for only like 2 weeks or so. Otherwise I try to follow news... miss proper newspapers though :(

This. Absolutely. :cool: There's time enough in a day to breeze over news... or the market. ^_^

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Wow,I read the cereal boxes, too! And you're right. Today's cereal ingredients resembles a mad scientist's experiment!

And I too, read to escape reality...

I read to return to reality, because these days life is nuts.

And tastes about the same. Yuck!!!

5 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

There's time enough in a day to breeze over news... or the market.

Agreed! I watch just enough news to catch up on what important stuff may have happened... then immediately switch over to something much more intelligent... like Cartoons, or a campy old sci-fi movie... lmao.... 

:cool:

7 minutes ago, MDZhB said:

I wish anime wasn't so fanservicey. It's hard finding anything popular that passes the "would you show your grandma" test. The worst part is that I know it won't change any time soon.

If you can show your grandmother ANYTHING animated that she doesn't instantly assume is for kids under the age of 12, you've got a pretty cool grandma.

30 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

If you can show your grandmother ANYTHING animated that she doesn't instantly assume is for kids under the age of 12, you've got a pretty cool grandma.

True. Personally, I think that the only reason anime isn't more mainstream like other "nerdy" things, is because people aren't willing to watch it for various reasons. Otherwise, it would speak for itself and people would get it.

So, it works.
Package captions really can hypnotize those humans. Even the intellectual ones.
Seeing a caption on a cereal box (sic!), they get into trance and start chewing with glassy eyes, like a cattle, repeatedly rereading the words lacking any sense.

Especially great are chemical terms like sodium methyl para-hydroxybenzoate or 2-phenylphenol (orthophenyl phenol). Brains out guaranteed.

Recommended for Earth conquerors.
No blasts, no blood, work silently, 100% effective.

Edited by kerbiloid

6 hours ago, MDZhB said:

It's hard finding anything popular that passes the "would you show your grandma" test.

Mainstream stuff ?

The biggest barrier in such test would be the "references gap". I mean, different spacetime, different stuff.

Our townhouse was SWAT'd yesterday while I was at work, by way of an online pizza order with special instructions saying someone was being held at gunpoint. Our unit was surrounded by RCMP with assault rifles and my wife, daughter, and son were ordered by phone to come out with their hands up. Our Labernese puppy also got out with no leash and said hello to the Mounties. Local schools were also locked down while this was going on.

Who does this sort of thing? And why our place? I hope they trace that IP back to someone....

Edited by StrandedonEarth

11 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

If you can show your grandmother ANYTHING animated that she doesn't instantly assume is for kids under the age of 12

Realistic animation of two particles colliding at CERN?