Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

33 minutes ago, Nivee~ said:

I found this comic, a bundle of lovely conspiracy theories regarding the asteroid belt, the earth and the moon. And those were some very nicely thought out conspiracies!!

And now I can't seem to find it!! :huh:

Ahhhh.... The Missing Comic Conspiracy???

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Maybe I went too far

No you're not. Maybe you have interacted with them or something, and it does give you some anger.

In which case, cool down.

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhhh.... The Missing Comic Conspiracy???

:rolleyes:

Yeah, it was about a dead body of an astronaut found on the moon. The only catch? The body was 50000 years old. :)

2 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Sounds like the book Inherit the Stars.

I checked out the book... and yup, it's almost the same in terms of plot.. even the MC's name! :D

50 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

50 000 years ago?

It's strange... They say, Toba eruption.happened 75 000 years ago.

Ooooohh you must read the book!!!

Edited by Nivee~

10 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

Yeah, it was about a dead body of an astronaut found on the moon. The only catch? The body was 50000 years old. :)

Pffftt, what kind of amateur, half-butted, weekend-warriror conspiracy theorist still believes in space...

Son wanted me to try his new PS4. Controller defaults to the Y axis being wrong. What sort of monster would have a stick (even a mini one you work with a finger) not work like a real stick?

Yes, I realize it's possible to change it in settings, but I lacked the will, and the 15 seconds I played was all I will likely try any time soon.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:41 PM, Bill Phil said:

Sounds like the book Inherit the Stars.

Wow, I haven't heard of that book in years. I bought a copy from the Stars and Stripes bookstore right before I was deployed to take part in The Great Cat Litter Box War of 1990-91.

I don't remember but bits and pieces, so might have to go borrow it from the library.

Major car accidents.

I saw two today. One was a simple fender bender, the other one was a big crash involving an eighteen-wheeler and 3 other cars. Metal crushed and people injured. I always feel lucky to have never needed 911 help for injures. 

Oh I also hate losing wallets. I lost $150 cash today at a pool. Feels GREEAT.....:mad:

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

Apparently it's illegal to have dogs off-leash in Finland :mad:

Or at least in the region I live in

If you can't see why this is completely backwards, then you have either never had a dog or you had one of those tiny teacup chihuahuas

6 hours ago, NSEP said:

Summer break hasn't even begun yet and they are already rolling back-to-school ads.

I went to the store the other day... and I swear, they were already setting up Halloween stuff!!!   <_<

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I went to the store the other day... and I swear, they were already setting up Halloween stuff!!!   <_<

Unfortunately, that's the way retail has evolved. They started having a seasonal section, and they don't want to have empty shelves, so as soon as one season sells out, the next arrives. In a lot of places Back-to-School takes up less space as more schools start to distribute their own packages so everyone the same, good quality stuff. Staples/Office Depot, or their equivalent, handles the rest and fills whatever gaps are left.

Which gets annoying when the school insists the kid buys a new package of supplies for the new year, while there are cases full of quarter-used pencil crayons and such still at home.

9 hours ago, NSEP said:

Summer break hasn't even begun yet and they are already rolling back-to-school ads.

Eh?

Not for me. One because break started.... Mid June and two is because I live under a rock as far as ads are concerned. 

My complaint-public transport system is down sort of for maintenance (SEPTA trolley blitz...) Increases my commute time by a good half hour...... 

People are talking nonsense here.

They keep saying "summer break", as though it means something.

I'm seriously considering renting a motel room and just disappearing for a few days and going on a bender.  A few restaurants, a liquor store, and a pool hall within walking distance.

47 minutes ago, razark said:

I'm seriously considering renting a motel room and just disappearing for a few days and going on a bender.  A few restaurants, a liquor store, and a pool hall within walking distance.

My idea of a "bender" tends to be me holing up in my place and building... and building... and building... A very different kind of disappearing.
I don't tend to go out that often, and prefer to stay inside and get creative. Of course, I haven't been able to have a building bender in AGES! :/

9 minutes ago, richfiles said:

My idea of a "bender" tends to be me holing up in my place...  A very different kind of disappearing.

I completely understand that, and I've been there quite a few times.

But I think I'm really needing something besides these same walls I've been staring at, without any chance of someone showing up.  I've been "holed up" to some level for a while now, and I think I need a break from it.

It's winter where I live.

Damn, it's cold. :P Worst, it was hot in the dusk - yeah, Tropical climate. So I went to sleep at 20, 22° C. And waked up at 10.  :huh:

— EDIT --

It's hot again now. :P 

Edited by Lisias
ARGH (typos)