Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

Two days ago I complained that my car was towed away. Due to this I missed today's launch of Telstar 18, but I was more worried about the car itself.

I went to the residence center this morning to ask where she was standing, just hopping it will not be in the farthest car park (2 hours of walking from my place), and they told me that she was waiting for me on the residence's northern parking... :sealed:  Only... twenty... meters... from... me...  if the northern building was not present I could had seen she was standing right in front of me. The worst being that I missed her yesterday while going to my mail box, at this point she was only ten meters on my right... *ARRRRRRRRGH*

So I get a call from my wife at work this afternoon: Her car died. I drove out to where she was, managed to get it into limp mode, but then about a mile-and-a-half from home it died died. So I had to pull out the recovery kit and tow it. (Hey, Honda, would it kill you to put proper recovery points on your cars!) Got in and started troubleshooting, 95% sure the alternator reached its expiration date, parts are on order. So we get to do the one-car-shuffle this week. And instead of going camping this weekend it looks like I'm going to be playing shadetree mechanic. Woot. :/

But, on the bright side, at least this didn't happen on our two-week road trip back in June. That would have sucked.

So my mum decided to put my xbox in the back of her car which is parked at the airport for four days, because I did my business assignment last night, rather than working on it over the weekend. This is stupid! I got the assignment done! I SUBMITTED IT! SO WHAT IF I DIDN'T DO IT OVER THE WEEKEND! I STILL COMPLETED IT AND SUBMITTED IT! IT'S LIKE SAYING 'YOU SHOULD'VE DONE YOUR MATHS HOMEWORK ON WEDNESDAY, NOT ON THURSDAY, IT'S DUE ON FRIDAY' I STILL COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED IT! 

I HATE SCHOOL! I GET SO WORKED UP THAT I JUST WANT TO RELAX WHEN I GET HOME! BUT NOW I CAN'T RELAX, AND THERE IS NO WAY TO RELIEVE THE STRESS AND ANXIETY! THIS IS STUPID! I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE IT!

27 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It's FUN to do HOMEWORK on the weekend! Yay! Who needs free time anyway!

Oh God, I miss those days, when all I had to deal with was a couple hours of homework. What I'd give to have that back.

It's 3:14 in the morning, and I've been working since midnight. I plan to keep working for another hour or two, take a quick nap, then go to my main job at 8 in the morning. I'll likely be there till 3-5 (15:00 to 17:00) in the afternoon, and then after a quick nap, I'll be back to this soldering for my second job. I still need to get 10 hours of work soldering, before the end of tomorrow. This is after I had a discussion with my boss at my main job and informed them that the number of hours they're having me do is interfering with my secondary (but much higher paying job), and I explained to them that we now have a new "blanket order" (that's where a customer orders a large quantity of an item, but they say they want the purchase spread out over time... So we had an order of 320 circuit boards, spread out so I build 40 per month, over the next 8 months). That triples my workload at the second job. Before adjusting my hours, I actually worked 74 hours in a single week, only about... I think it was about 2 weeks ago. The next week I "only" worked 55 hours in one week.

I haven't had "free time" to work on my KSP Instrument panel for an entire year... Like honestly... Haven't even touched the build! it's driving me crazy!

I'd do almost anything to have the free time that i had back in school... Even college wasn't this busy!

I know you probably are sick of hearing this, but enjoy being a kid while you can. Enjoy the ease and laziness of school days while you can.

54 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I do. It'd sure be nice if I could still go home at ~3pm and only have homework to do in the weekend, rather than spending most of it fixing other people's disasters.

17 minutes ago, richfiles said:

I know you probably are sick of hearing this, but enjoy being a kid while you can.

Nobody ever realises how incredibly easy it is at the time, perspective and all that jazz. I didn't like school much either as I recall.

17 minutes ago, richfiles said:

I haven't had "free time" to work on my KSP Instrument panel for an entire year... Like honestly... Haven't even touched the build! it's driving me crazy!

I have two projects like that, the pile of parts and the soldering bolt look at me accusingly every evening.

Edited by steve_v
Editor is broken. Quotes all screwed up. Move cursor won't go away. BRING BACK PLAINTEXT EDITOR.

4 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I guess most of us (if not all) said it during their young years. Although, I remember those particular subjects that were always happy to restart classes in September... they had a secret power :D

The only thing I could say to your situation is to hold the present blow and those who will come; do not give up. Honestly, the parental authority, and especially the school system have always irritated me. Some love them, others hate them, so it is. But if there is one thing I would recommend, it is to not stop studying prematurely. I made this mistake and now I regret it bitterly. Being in classes with subjects 10-7 years younger is not so funny, and returning under the school authority after being free during all these years, rather difficult (but this is only my personal vision)

6 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

My algebra 1 teachers homework philosophy:

"You have more time to do stuff over the weekend, so you'll have more to do then. You will always have at least two pages of weekend homework". 

I am tired of being told "it only gets worse", like that will cheer me up. But at least it's only math and not paying taxes.

3 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I am tired of being told "it only gets worse", like that will cheer me up.

Maybe it's not to cheer you up, but to inform you that the world is a hard, cold, uncaring place, and that you will never be happy anyway, so complaining about it is just screaming into the void?

You know, I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life. And what they've taught me is that you can't always change your circumstances. Sometimes you can, but many times you have no control over them whatsoever. You can't choose if or when bad things happen. You can't make people stop behaving badly. You just can't. And you'll make yourself crazy trying. But what you have 100% control over is how you react to these things. These things do not make you unhappy, you make you unhappy.

That's not to say that I walk around all day with a sappy smile on my face no matter what the circumstance. Trust me: When I was elbow deep in my wife's car yesterday trying to figure out if it could be repaired or if we were going to be back making car payments again, I did not have a sappy smile on my face. But you change the circumstances you can, you roll with the ones you can't, and you move on. It's okay to vent. I may have had a little more scotch than the Surgeon General would have approved of last night. But, in general, dwell on the things that are going right, not the things that are going wrong.

At the other end of the scale we have Thing Two, who was pacing around the house as I was working on the car, literally wringing his hands, and worrying about the car. We just booked a cruise for next October, and he was fretting, "We're going to have to buy a new car, and then we aren't going to have enough money, and then we're going to have to cancel the cruise!" And I'm all, "Dude, the deposit on the cruise was non-refundable. Even if we cancel we don't get that money back. So, by hook or by crook, we're going on that cruise. Chill out." :D

So homecoming is Friday, and of course, the standard problems of who's asking who is comign up. I was going to ask one girl- she's good at sports, fun to hang out with, and (best of all in my opinion) on the same intellectual level as me! I was going to ask her today after lunch- I had a speech and everything. "Was."

She got asked during lunch... By a senior... And she said yes...

God I hate school

2 hours ago, razark said:

Maybe it's not to cheer you up, but to inform you that the world is a hard, cold, uncaring place, and that you will never be happy anyway, so complaining about it is just screaming into the void?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

You know, I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life. And what they've taught me is that you can't always change your circumstances. Sometimes you can, but many times you have no control over them whatsoever. You can't choose if or when bad things happen. You can't make people stop behaving badly. You just can't. And you'll make yourself crazy trying. But what you have 100% control over is how you react to these things. These things do not make you unhappy, you make you unhappy.

That's not to say that I walk around all day with a sappy smile on my face no matter what the circumstance. Trust me: When I was elbow deep in my wife's car yesterday trying to figure out if it could be repaired or if we were going to be back making car payments again, I did not have a sappy smile on my face. But you change the circumstances you can, you roll with the ones you can't, and you move on. It's okay to vent. I may have had a little more scotch than the Surgeon General would have approved of last night. But, in general, dwell on the things that are going right, not the things that are going wrong.

Except when you can't drink and have no way to vent besides just screaming or punching something because you have like three pages of redo work of algebra you don't understand and you have a weighted test tomorrow and there's really nothing else going well enough to take your mind off of it.

15 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Thanks.

Except when you can't drink and have no way to vent besides just screaming or punching something because you have like three pages of redo work of algebra you don't understand and you have a weighted test tomorrow and there's really nothing else going well enough to take your mind off of it.

Just telling you, man, that the only one who is in control of your happiness is you. Nobody else can make you happy or unhappy. That is a decision that is entirely up to you.

39 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Just telling you, man, that the only one who is in control of your happiness is you. Nobody else can make you happy or unhappy. That is a decision that is entirely up to you.

Yay! I'm so happy that I'm probably going to fail a test! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Stupid apartment rules... I have nearly three meters of windows... but I have to move my printer from in from of it cause "it's in front of the windows. It could be an obstruction hazard during a fire emergency"... An emergency where I would step half a meter to the left or to the right and bust out the other 7.5 meters worth of window to escape... Assuming my path to the exit, 8 or 9 meters away is also blocked, perchance... :huh:

Rules for the sake of rules can be pretty dumb sometimes... God, I need to get back into a proper house, and not this crummy apartment.

Oh yeah, and I worked 18 hours yesterday... 12:30 AM to 6:30 PM (18:30).

Edited by richfiles