Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

6 hours ago, Geonovast said:

It's unreal how bad my back hurts.

Sleeping in a bed just kills me.

As opposed to what? Sleeping on the ground or in a hammock?

Oh what if you made something to hang yourself upside down with and sleep like that? Like a bat.

I had to drive from Savannah, GA to Kansas in a Toyota Corolla rental car a couple days ago. I spent most of the trip in a snowstorm that completely disabled all the driver aids I could have used.

Edited by Tonka Crash

On 11/15/2018 at 11:46 PM, NSEP said:

not being able to listen to music for free while working

Get yourself some good old .mp3 files. Or podcast websites, some of them works OK.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:02 AM, Nivee~ said:

They said that the fridge was not worth repairing, and that they will sell us a new one for half the market price of the fridge. 

Tell them their fridge is not worth being sold anywhere.

10 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

snowstorm ... disabled all the driver aids

Maybe it's telling you "forget it, just wait it out would you".

Though then I wonder whether they had thought of it for AI vehicles.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:02 AM, Tonka Crash said:

I had to drive from Savannah, GA to Kansas in a Toyota Corolla rental car a couple days ago. I spent most of the trip in a snowstorm that completely disabled all the driver aids I could have used.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MbYnbLq84iwd1vNj7

At least you still were able to make the trip without the aids... means you know how to drive. Kudos. Here, that "snowstorm" (ha) literally shut the northern half of our state down. People panicked over 6 (to 8) inches of snow. So pathetic.

33 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

At least you still were able to make the trip without the aids... means you know how to drive. Kudos. Here, that "snowstorm" (ha) literally shut the northern half of our state down. People panicked over 6 (to 8) inches of snow. So pathetic.

I miss snow.  I fondly remember waking up at noon (I worked 2nd shift, 3 - 11:30) seeing that it had dropped 12 inches overnight, and just having to leave a little early. 

Ok so I was scrolling through a Discord chat when suddenly my head just became really, really hot, my ears began ringing, I could barely move, I felt like I was going to vomit, just generally I felt terrible. It lasted for like 5 minutes, and now I feel super weak. I can't think straighht, I don't know what caused it, and I'm generally just in need of help as to what happened

32 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Ok so I was scrolling through a Discord chat when suddenly my head just became really, really hot, my ears began ringing, I could barely move, I felt like I was going to vomit, just generally I felt terrible. It lasted for like 5 minutes, and now I feel super weak. I can't think straighht, I don't know what caused it, and I'm generally just in need of help as to what happened

See a Doctor. Right now.

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Is it like a military school? Raise your hand and ask to be excused for medical reasons.

Or text your teacher. I don't know how school works these days.

It's a normal school. 

Right now, I feel zoned out. Like I just can't do anything. Like I exist, but I'm not existing. Or something like that. I don't really know how to explain it

18 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It's a normal school. 

Right now, I feel zoned out. Like I just can't do anything. Like I exist, but I'm not existing. Or something like that. I don't really know how to explain it

Tell the nearest teacher or person in charge that you felt really sick and still feel bad, and you want medical attention. (From a on-school nurse if possible).

If they can't help, ask your parents or a friend (depends on your situation) to drive you to a doctor if you continue feeling bad, or home, as long as there's someone to keep an eye on you and help you if you start to feel bad again. Don't feel like you have to be in school, your health is more important.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

1 minute ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Tell the nearest teacher or person in charge that you felt really sick and still feel bad, and you want medical attention. (From a on-school nurse if possible).

If they can't help, ask your parents or a friend (depends on your situation) to drive you to a doctor if you continue feeling bad, or home, as long as there's someone to keep an eye on you and help you if you start to feel bad again. Don't feel like you have to be in school, your health is more important.

Right now I just feel really weak and irritated. I tried telling my parents, but they just said 'It's because you're on your computer all the time' Yes, I am on my computer, doing my assignments, researching, and studying! Apparently using my own devices causes all of my issues in life according to them, so I basically can't tell anyone because a) nobody cares, and b) they will just tell me to not worry about it

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Right now I just feel really weak and irritated. I tried telling my parents, but they just said 'It's because you're on your computer all the time' Yes, I am on my computer, doing my assignments, researching, and studying! Apparently using my own devices causes all of my issues in life according to them, so I basically can't tell anyone because a) nobody cares, and b) they will just tell me to not worry about it

It is not true that no one cares, and a doctor will tell you to worry about things if they are dangerous. I can't judge how bad it really is, since I'm not a doctor and don't know important details about your health, but any doctor or nurse will not just tell you to ignore what you described feeling.

A teacher or other authority at a school will not ignore a student that says that they feel the way you described.

If it is at all possible, I would go directly to a doctor or nurse and describe what happened to you, and whether it has happened before. I would also try to talk to a teacher or other authority at the school. If that is not an option, then I would continue to try to explain to your parents how you feel. I'm sorry that that's the best advice I can give.

39 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I mean, whether or not it's caused by you being on your computer, it's still happening and should be addressed.

It's nearly the end of the school day, when I go home I'll just rest and see how I am then

22 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

It's nearly the end of the school day, when I go home I'll just rest and see how I am then 

Please go see your school's medical professional right away, even if it is nearly the end of the school day.

There's a school nurse, right?  Go see them and explain what happened.  Go do it right now.  Right this moment.

Maybe what happened to you is something not-so-bad... but there do exist medical problems that can have a very sudden onset and can be very serious if not addressed immediately.  You're not a doctor.  Neither are your parents (I assume).  So neither you nor they are in a position to say whether you're "okay" or not.

Tell me, why don't you go see the school nurse right away?  Maybe they'll have an answer and it'll turn out to be no big deal, in which case no harm done and you just wasted a few minutes.  But just on the off chance that you have something more serious, then they can get you pointed in the right direction.

A medical professional needs to make that call.  Not you.  Please, go talk to a doctor or nurse?  You're right there at school, it's what they're for.

1 minute ago, Snark said:

Please go see your school's medical professional right away, even if it is nearly the end of the school day.

There's a school nurse, right?  Go see them and explain what happened.  Go do it right now.  Right this moment.

Maybe what happened to you is something not-so-bad... but there do exist medical problems that can have a very sudden onset and can be very serious if not addressed immediately.  You're not a doctor.  Neither are your parents (I assume).  So neither you nor they are in a position to say whether you're "okay" or not.

Tell me, why don't you go see the school nurse right away?  Maybe they'll have an answer and it'll turn out to be no big deal, in which case no harm done and you just wasted a few minutes.  But just on the off chance that you have something more serious, then they can get you pointed in the right direction.

A medical professional needs to make that call.  Not you.  Please, go talk to a doctor or nurse?  You're right there at school, it's what they're for.

Ok. I'll do that now. It's better to go and seek help rather than suffering and having it happen again. 

6 hours ago, Snark said:

^ This. 

See your general practitioner as soon as possible and he can give you references and options. It seems to me that you have had a serious "silent migraine" set on by stress, but it never hurts to confirm. I am not a doctor and please take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I hope you feel better. :sealed: