Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

Remember that sickness I mentioned earlier? Transformed yesterday into full blown uggggghhghhhghghghhg-itis Sunday. Didn't feel like doing much apart from dying. Or curling up in a ball and napping for a couple hours.

Feeling a lot better now though. Hopefully stays that way.

Edited by qzgy

Rescue services dragged a lifeless person out of the water at a beach. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful.

1-2m waves roll on the shore, much higher when they break, the beach was closed by warning tape, a red flag flew at the signal pole. And signs say: do not go swimming when a red flag flies, there is undertow.

What makes people risk their lives and that of rescuers ?

----------

Related: this month's winner of the Darwin awards: a guy who tried to convert people living on a strictly isolated and prohibited island. Was killed after the third try to make landfall with a kayak. I wonder whether his chief acknowledges his efforts ? :cool:

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

13 days of work left

Just a break or retirement ?

32 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Just christmas break, retirement still approx 3 decades away D:

33 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

You'll never go broke betting on the strength of human denial.

"It wont happen to me"

"I'll jump out at the last moment"

"Ill notice way before its too late"

But probably most appropriately: "I know how to swim, I even went to the pool 8 years ago, I can do the sea."

My friend wants me to download Instagram for this project thing we're doing, because we don't have the phone numbers of the other members of our group. I told him that I was NOT getting Instagram because I'd have to sign up for an account, which would mean giving them my email address, which would mean getting promotional emails until I figure out how to get off their mailing list. Besides, most people on there just post images of dogs wearing stupid costumes.

And to expand on the email thing, a while ago I got a promotional email from some hotel chain. I have absolutely no idea how they got my email address, but it says at the bottom of the email (it was something about 'special offers') that "you opted into this list when you filled in the registration form at [company name] you can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe button" :huh:

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

My friend wants me to download Instagram for this project thing we're doing, because we don't have the phone numbers of the other members of our group. I told him that I was NOT getting Instagram because I'd have to sign up for an account, which would mean giving them my email address, which would mean getting promotional emails until I figure out how to get off their mailing list. Besides, most people on there just post images of dogs wearing stupid costumes.

And to expand on the email thing, a while ago I got a promotional email from some hotel chain. I have absolutely no idea how they got my email address, but it says at the bottom of the email (it was something about 'special offers') that "you opted into this list when you filled in the registration form at [company name] you can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe button" :huh:

Make a gmail real quick.

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

... because we don't have the phone numbers of the other members of our group. ...

Then ask them what the number is. If it's soo important then do it.

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

"you opted into this list when you filled in the registration form at [company name] you can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe button"

Unsubscribe, mark as spam.

Sadly I don't think there's any true remedy for it. Regardless of what do you use the e-mail for, if you have an e-mail address that you use frequently, it'll eventually have spams going into it. Unless your e-mail address is absolutely not used for anything at all it's impossible for the address not to finally fall on the list of addresses to be sent a 'bussines offer' from 'southern africa'.

16 hours ago, Green Baron said:

Expectations.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQon5rE4gAXNV1XNtB_fmT

Reality

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

12 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I told him that I was NOT getting Instagram because I'd have to sign up for an account, which would mean giving them my email address, which would mean getting promotional emails until I figure out how

Try to right-click on the instagram window with a picture or movie, press "Show the page source" or so, then Ctrl-F "jpg" or "mp4"

Edited by kerbiloid

On 12/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, Green Baron said:

Related: this month's winner of the Darwin awards: a guy who tried to convert people living on a strictly isolated and prohibited island. Was killed after the third try to make landfall with a kayak. I wonder whether his chief acknowledges his efforts ? :cool:

Yeah...worst part, he might have diseases which may kill off the native population... :(...This was a stupid thing to happen....

Exactly. And i read that the christian sect he worked for are about to or have sued the Indian government, and that despite the fact that he has violated several rules to get there. In an English newspaper it was written that the local police, after having consulted anthropologists, decided not to provoke anything any more. Let's hope it stays like this ...

Edited by Green Baron

I cant feel any pity whatsoever for that guy...yeah you may call me insensitive, but this is soo arrogant of that guy to assume he was a savior or something, and not worry abt the consequenced... now the tribe might just get extinct... :(...and while i have no personal attachment to the tribe, a part of humanity might cease to exist, and its sad...

That tribe was not to be found, it officially lives on that several kilometers wide island, officially marked as "don't get to there, they don't like you".

One of Seychelles, iirc. Sentinel Island

P.S.
On another hand, if nobody gets to there to get an arrow, how could we know if they are still angry and don't like us?

Edited by kerbiloid

On 12/4/2018 at 7:38 AM, Green Baron said:

On 12/4/2018 at 5:10 AM, p1t1o said:

13 days of work left

A lifetime of work left... How long? I dunno, only my Chief knows that one. :sticktongue:
I doubt I'll be able to retire by the time I reach that age...
I kinda expect my finances to tank, Social Security to tank, or my health to tank... Whichever happens first... Pttht! ;.;

Edited by richfiles

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

I once more wish to complain about how little complaining there is going on in the complaining thread. 

I complaint that we don't have a general random thread.