Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

Did someone mention wine?  Birthplace: Republic of Georgia, to date 8000bc... predates everything else.  You must taste before attempting to comment!

3 hours ago, Green Baron said:

French province Champagne, founded in 1065, offers ideal environment to grow a grape for a special sort of sparkling wine, called Champagne, an art that roots in late medieval times.

There are 3 different grapes involved with Champagne, a blend of.  Also, can be the blending of various specific wines made from grapes within the Champagne area.

I should have said a family. Mainly Pinot Noir et Meunier (red) and Chardonnay (white), a few others are authorized. Some champagnes are actually pure (Blanc de Blanc) others a blend . Point was that champagne is used for all sorts of sparkling wine in English speaking countries, while it is reserved for the champagne from the champagne in others.

Btw., the landscape of the champagne has been proposed to be listed in UNESCO cultural heritage list.

Oh, does anybody know where the vineyard of Jean Luc Picard's father is/will be ? :-)

Edited by Green Baron
nonsense corrected

4 hours ago, Green Baron said:

Oh, does anybody know where the vineyard of Jean Luc Picard's father is/will be ? :-)

La Barre, France, Temecula, California, or Lancaster, California, depending on how you want to look at it.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Picard_Vineyards

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Chateau_Picard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Callaway_Vineyard_%26_Winery

Edited by Geonovast

So I got Subnautica for free this Christmas, I was pretty excited about it! When I started crafting, i realized that the only 'weapon' of any sorts was a knife.. I looked around for a mod that could add more weapons, visited the Subnautica forums.

AND WOW! I was in for a shock! Apparently the 'weapons/ no weapons' arguement there is worse than the 'mechjeb/no mechjeb' argument on this forum! Any mention of having weapons in the game leads to you being shamed for 'destroying dev's vision' or 'going COD on a survival game' or 'being mentally ill for bringing violence into this beautiful game'.:mad: 

Come on, you don't expect to survive in a hostile alien world with defensive tactics like:

1. That particular species of shark is sensitive to light, make sure you have flares in your inventory!

2. This another shark can be distracted by feeding it fish!

One more arguement is that the mobs don't respawn, hence introducing weapons would be disastrous for the gameplay, because it will result in an empty ocean.

Well, guess who made the mobs non respawnable? The devs and their virtue signalling! :mad:

Gosh Dang it! I only want a harpoon, or a spear or something like that! Is that too much to ask? MINECRAFT has a survival mode, and guess what? It has weapons!! And it makes BILLIONS!:mad:

Edited by Nivee~

9 minutes ago, Nivee~ said:

One more arguement is that the mobs don't respawn, hence introducing weapons would be disastrous for the gameplay, because it will result in an empty ocean.

Well, guess who made the mobs non respawnable? The devs and their virtue signalling! :mad:

If there are weapons mods, I am almost certain that there are spawning mods too. I believe there are weapon-flavored things lategame as well, by the way.

Also, this has the same resolution as the MJ argument: It's a single-player game. Play it how you want.

27 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

I believe there are weapon-flavored things lategame as well, by the way.

Yeah, guns that can freeze time, and guns that can attract and repel stuff. Stuff like that exists but harpoons don't...

The canon explanation for not including weapons is that there was a massacre at a space station, and hence weapons were banned. Well, if you give a guy the ability to freeze time itself, he can massacre stuff with a chair... just saying..

31 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

If there are weapons mods, I am almost certain that there are spawning mods too.

Those are fiercely rejected by the devs and don't make it to the forums.. neither the weapons mod nor the spawning mods..

Sometimes, I feel really blessed that I am a part of the KSP community, where people are so constructive and nice, and devs don't restrict players a lot...

11 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

AND WOW! I was in for a shock! Apparently the 'weapons/ no weapons' arguement there is worse than the 'mechjeb/no mechjeb' argument on this forum! Any mention of having weapons in the game leads to you being shamed for 'destroying dev's vision' or 'going COD on a survival game' or 'being mentally ill for bringing violence into this beautiful game'.:mad: 

Yeah, I've given up and embraced that Cali school of missile defense.

Spoiler

x75FZN.jpg

We shall not discuss this further, or else...

Spoiler

0_d9df8_de604829_XXL.jpg

18 minutes ago, YNM said:

Why do they always have to lit fireworks when the numbers change ! It's just a number.

Well, i think of fireworks as miniature SRBs going through RUD. Makes me feel better.. :D

25 minutes ago, Nivee~ said:

think of fireworks as miniature SRBs going through RUD.

By that standard, I'm like one of those guys who live downrange of chinese spaceports during a launch... except it's everywhere !

Getting really, really sick of my fuel flow priority resetting when I hit Ctrl Z after my ship gets ripped apart from a VAB lag spike.  I right clicked.  Why are you pulling parts out of things as if I'd left clicked.

:mad:

20 hours ago, YNM said:

By that standard, I'm like one of those guys who live downrange of chinese spaceports during a launch... except it's everywhere !

At least its not hypergolic cancer inducing witch brew :D, Just some good old SOx and COx!

41 minutes ago, Nivee~ said:

At least its not hypergolic cancer inducing witch brew

But it still disturbed my peaceful watching of action movies ! :D

I started off the new year by getting sick.  Now I'm at work, feeling like crap, so I can save the little vacation time I have.

My congressionally-mandated vacation starts next week, and now I get to wait to see if I can actually use that vacation time.

Someone found some funding somewhere, cause now we're staying open until at least next Friday.

Edited by razark

Get home from work... Plan to spend the rest of the day finishing up an order or circuit boards for my second job... Notice on the door from the landlord... 24 hour notice for an inspection of all sinks and toilets... Okay, that's fine... Except now I need to clean, cause over Christmas and New Year, my place is an absolute mess. Now I STILL have to do boards, but now get to clean up too! Joy!

Update... It's 10 PM and I took a shower. I cleaned up in the kitchen, the living room, and changed out all the cat's stuff. I still haven't eaten yet.

On top of everything else, I discovered there actually IS a crack in my toilet tank... It looks like it's been there for a long time (staining from "blue water stuff" that I know I haven't used for at least a year and half, maybe two years. Thing is, the staining doesn't go all the way down the crack on the inside of the tank, so the crack must be growing. There's a disaster waiting to happen! If the tank were to crack open, the water would never shut off! :0.0:
Needless to say, I turned off the valve.

About 4.5 hours of circuit board work to do... Joy. :mad:

**UPDATE 2**
I'm done... With both things... It's 4:45 in the morning... I get up at 6:50. I get to go to two jobs tomorrow.

Edited by richfiles

6 hours ago, richfiles said:

the water would never shut off!

Our town is installing something new this year in light of 'water meters'... it (the meter) constantly monitors usage, and not only does it (wirelessly?) send the meter reading in automatically each month (another job, 'meter man', gone), it also allows the town water utility to shut the water off if they detect it running non-stop for x number of hours.  Sounds useful... but the more I dwell on the idea, the less I like it.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:48 PM, YNM said:

Why do they always have to lit fireworks when the numbers change ! It's just a number.

no

just no

31 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

no

so you hate needless fireworks too ?

2 hours ago, LordFerret said:

allows the town water utility to shut the water off if they detect it running non-stop for x number of hours.

Maybe use a storage tank, then succ the mains into it ?

2 minutes ago, YNM said:

so you hate needless fireworks too ?

It's a celebration that another year has gone by. People usually celebrate good things, especially when it's a tradition to do so.

Just now, Aperture Science said:

It's a celebration that another year has gone by. People usually celebrate good things, especially when it's a tradition to do so.

As if years don't fly past you every second... what are birthdays and anniversaries then ?

I was reading a news article about China landing a probe on the 'dark side of the Moon'. Hnnnnnnnnnnnng :mad:

Then the author attempted to rectify this glaring mistake by saying 'it's called the dark side not because it's actually dark but because humans know very little about that side'. Hnnnnnnnng again. No, the correct astronomical term is 'far side'.

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I was reading a news article about China landing a probe on the 'dark side of the Moon'. Hnnnnnnnnnnnng :mad:

Then the author attempted to rectify this glaring mistake by saying 'it's called the dark side not because it's actually dark but because humans know very little about that side'. Hnnnnnnnng again. No, the correct astronomical term is 'far side'.

I used to hold the belief that people became journalists because the only thing they knew anything about at all was writing. However, with the sad state of English skills I find in many articles these days, I have now come to the conclusion that people become journalists because they know nothing at all.

9 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

people become journalists because they know nothing at all.

If they know anything they won't be as eager to ask everything to anything.