Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

At school,  a couple of kids tried to access a games site that was unblocked. Now it's blocked, and they're all blaming me (because last year I emailed the IT department and gave them a list of games sites). However, I am completely innocent in this case. I didn't tell them about this one, but now it's blocked. So now, everyone is just accusing me and blaming me. How do I prove my innocence?

6 hours ago, klesh said:

Ive just come back from it.  It was.... an experience to say the least.  He said 2-4 visits before I should start feeling any better as well.

I am limited in who I can see based on my insurance.  You know, some rich guy has got to get 0.05% richer because my health isn't profitable. Its absolutely scandalous if you ask me. To think, we could bomb everybody into oblivion just as well if we only ran 9 supercarriers instead of 10...

Did it help at all?

34 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

At school,  a couple of kids tried to access a games site that was unblocked. Now it's blocked, and they're all blaming me (because last year I emailed the IT department and gave them a list of games sites). However, I am completely innocent in this case. I didn't tell them about this one, but now it's blocked. So now, everyone is just accusing me and blaming me. How do I prove my innocence?

Unless you can get the IT department to issue a memo stating that they have proactively searched and blocked more gaming sites, you're gonna have to ride this one out. You're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place.

15 minutes ago, GDJ said:

You're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place

Yeah. Saying "I'm innocent! I'm innocent!" And they just won't listen or anything is just really sad...

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Yeah. Saying "I'm innocent! I'm innocent!" And they just won't listen or anything is just really sad...

It's cheap to call people "murderer" due a single reason: real murderers usually murders people calling them murderer - so by keeping calling someone a murderer usually is evidence that the guy is not. :) 

3 minutes ago, Lisias said:

It's cheap to call people "murderer" due a single reason: real murderers usually murders people calling them murderer - so by keeping calling someone a murderer usually is evidence that the guy is not. :) 

I'll let them do it for now, but if it progresses any further I'll probably tell my house leader

59 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Did it help at all?

Unfortunately no(t yet).  <-- thats my attempt at positivity, lol.

He cracked my whole spine up and down by almost like laying on my chest, then put some pads on my back which had electricity and let that happen for 15 minutes, then cracked my neck from side to side, then had an assistant use this electrified want thing on the side of my neck which kind of made my neck muscles jump a bit. My arm feels the same though.

I brought in the disk with my MRI on it, and he agreed that there was nothing out of the ordinary in it.  Which kind of makes me think he was just doing all this to bill my insurance.  I'm going back on Monday, and I'm mentally giving him 4 visits to make it feel better before I pull the plug.

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Yep. Been there. It's a pain in the butt for sure.

Question: Why did you e-mail the IT gang about certain game sites in the first place? Were they dirty?

16 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Yep. Been there. It's a pain in the butt for sure.

Question: Why did you e-mail the IT gang about certain game sites in the first place? Were they dirty?

No, it's because most gaming sites are blocked, except these ones, and I wanted them to get blocked too. 

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

No, it's because most gaming sites are blocked, except these ones, and I wanted them to get blocked too. 

But other than that, were they causing any problems or sucking up too much bandwidth or something?

22 minutes ago, klesh said:

some pads on my back which had electricity

A TENS unit (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation).  I have one here at home.  There are a lot of pros & cons about their use, their effectiveness.  Some people use them (specific settings: waveform, pulse frequency & duration) to induce/stimulate endorphins in an affected area to kill pain, or (other settings) to cause muscles to relax ... which is what I use mine for, to relax muscle spasms.  I find that mode more useful than a pain-killing attempt.  My chiro guy uses it on me before making adjustments.  I don't know if that makes a difference.

1 minute ago, GDJ said:

So you just wanted them blocked? That's it?

Yeah, pretty much. Except this time I didn't do anything but they automatically assumed it was me (which is fair, considering I did get 3 groups of sites blocked in 2017 and 2018)

Yeah, pretty much. Except this time I didn't do anything but they automatically assumed it was me (which is fair, considering I did get 3 groups of sites blocked in 2017 and 2018)

Well.....okay.
There's a saying my Grandfather was known to say (and it's still applies to this day)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Since you got a bunch of sites blocked just for the sake of blocking them, according to what you just said, you kinda painted a bullseye on your forehead. Eventho' you had nothing to do with the latest round of site blocking (I believe you on this one), people are going to remember that you got the ball rolling, and it's perfectly natural to assume what happened before happened again.

Look, I have nothing against you. Here you seem to be a decent sort of person, but you kinda dug your own grave on this one.

Keep your head down, and ride it out. Sorry.

All good. I usually just block out their comments, although last year I did start receiving death threats from a guy, but that was soon sorted out (long meeting in the office, I can tell you)

All good. I usually just block out their comments, although last year I did start receiving death threats from a guy, but that was soon sorted out (long meeting in the office, I can tell you)

Yeah that's BS. You don't deserve that.

1 minute ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Indeed, but hey I'm still alive today so at least that's good

Always better to be walking without a toe-tag.

A couple weeks ago I was utterly incapacitated by headaches due to a sinus infection. So I ended up on antibiotics, leaving me on a diet of saltine crackers for much of the following weeks.

Once the sinus infection died, I thought I was home free. But then my father caught a nasty cold and brought it home to everyone. Now, I've got asthma, so colds really suck for me. Within days I'm barely able to stay awake as my throat and nose are clogged with disgusting goo. Today I went to a doctor, who told me I had bronchitis (which is to be expected) and an ear infection (which was not expected). So now I'm back on the goddamn antibiotics and a diet of saltine crackers, at the same time as I'm coughing up brown mucus.

On a high note, my 19th birthday came and went during the calm between my two sick-spells.

7 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

this time I didn't do anything but they automatically assumed it was me (which is fair, considering I did get 3 groups of sites blocked in 2017 and 2018)

Well, just ignore it. It's a fair cop.

8 hours ago, klesh said:

Unfortunately no

I was going to advise against coming to a chiropractor - it's unclear do their method actually works or not.

11 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I'll let them do it for now, but if it progresses any further I'll probably tell my house leader

Are you in Gryffindor? I bet professor McGonagall will take your side.

Edit: I think I might be coming down with an ear infection- earaches, some headaches, runny nose, it stopped yesterday but we'll see.

Edited by Kernel Kraken