Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

30 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Honestly I dont percieve a difference in that with christmas, its equally bad all year round.

It's not equally bad all year. 

There's a mall between my home and workplace.  I find a different route between November and January.

5 minutes ago, razark said:

It's not equally bad all year. 

There's a mall between my home and workplace.  I find a different route between November and January.

I dont live near many big shopping areas, that might make a difference.

All the hoo-haa about the iphone X release, that sort of thing I find worse for me.

33 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Honestly I dont percieve a difference in that with christmas, its equally bad all year round.

BIRTHDAYBIRTHDAYBIRTHDAY

HOLIDAYS!HOLIDAYS! DONT CHOOSE ONE YOU HAVE TO GO ON THIS ONE!

ATTEMPT TO BE FRUGAL, REALISE CHEAP=CRAP, THEN REALISE EXPENSIVE=CRAP

WHAT PHONE THIS PHONE IPHONE

WEDDINGWEDDINGWEDDING

BABIES AND MORE BABIES

BABYSHOWER?! WTH?!

And people wonder why I spend so much time in the computer.

I've actually tried to impose a rule in our house: On gift-giving occasions, everyone gets one gift. Period. But I've been stealth overruled on multiple occasions so I gave up.

And my sister-in-law is the worst. She's the Christmas pedant. Apparently when she was a kid she would run to the tree on Christmas morning and count the presents and get upset if someone received more presents than the others. So she shows up on Christmas morning with dozens of gifts for everyone, none of which she has put any thought into. One year she bought my wife and I these gaudy plastic watches. We're all, "When has she ever seen us wear any watches at all? Never mind awful plastic ones." But, hey, gotta buy the stuff, because it's Christmas! :rolleyes:

I'd be much happier if we just spent the morning opening one present, eating homemade cinnamon rolls, drinking coffee and hot chocolate, and relaxing with family. Then eat a big dinner. What's wrong with that?

I cut my elbow today at the pool because some idiot went down the water slide right after me, when there was clearly still a red light. His toenail or something must have been what cut my elbow. 

Pool water stings worse than that alcohol that you put on wounds, that's what I've learnt today. :mad:

2 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I've actually tried to impose a rule in our house: On gift-giving occasions, everyone gets one gift. Period. But I've been stealth overruled on multiple occasions so I gave up.

And my sister-in-law is the worst. She's the Christmas pedant. Apparently when she was a kid she would run to the tree on Christmas morning and count the presents and get upset if someone received more presents than the others. So she shows up on Christmas morning with dozens of gifts for everyone, none of which she has put any thought into. One year she bought my wife and I these gaudy plastic watches. We're all, "When has she ever seen us wear any watches at all? Never mind awful plastic ones." But, hey, gotta buy the stuff, because it's Christmas! :rolleyes:

I'd be much happier if we just spent the morning opening one present, eating homemade cinnamon rolls, drinking coffee and hot chocolate, and relaxing with family. Then eat a big dinner. What's wrong with that?

My other half's family are like "THIS is what I want, if you and dave and steve and shelly go in together you can all afford it. Ill send you a link for where to buy it. And by the way we're getting THIS for such-and-such I need XYZ cash from you. If you want to get me anything else Ill send you a list of clothes and jewellery I like"

This went on for several years (it DID make shopping quicker at least) but it finally broke me and I have called a moratorium on requesting gifts. I will use my special talents to choose something I think you will like, and if you dont like it, you can lump it.

So no more group presents chosen by the recipient, no more lists of links to some boring-cheeks clothes outlet, no more shopping mall vouchers - now its animal-print crockery, adult lego sets and beard oils for all! hohoho!

I hope you like this bleeding candlestick in the shape of Eleven from Stranger Things, sister-in-law!

**edit**

(In case that sounded like Im chosing things at random - I do actually hope she likes it, its pretty cool)

Edited by p1t1o

38 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

I will use my special talents to choose something I think you will like, and if you dont like it, you can lump it.

I really wish my in-laws would either use my Amazon wish list, or at least put some amount of thought into it.

Instead, I get a coloring book, a leaf blower, and yet another bottle of the same cologne as the last dozen years that I never use... and "We never know what to get you, you're so hard to shop for."

I want to rant about something but my life is just to gosh darn not terrible :mad:

well there's this

my school tuba (big boy one, we have 2 types of tubas, one is for starters, kind of like euphoniums, but without the 4th valve, and a big boy expertish tuba, which are about half as tall as me, and I'm pretty tall apparently, also 4 valves, YAS! never used it so far...) is still broken after about a month, its something with the airflow not passing through the tuba pipes (?) correctly, causing air blockage. I think something is clogged, or maybe a backlog of spit, since this tuba doesn't really get rid of spit through the spit valve. well now for a month I had to use a basically euphonium...yay

also we had a concert a few weeks ago, had to carry a tuba about 400 meters (YEAH! US PERSON USING THE METRIC SYSTEM!). at least the music was good (one song was from guardians of the galaxy, and apparently there was history before the 1980s and it was from there too!)

parenthesis are fun

10 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I want to rant about something but my life is just to gosh darn not terrible :mad:

Same as mine. My i feel like a spoiled kid when i rant sometimes.

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Same as mine. My i feel like a spoiled kid when i rant sometimes.

My wife is a physical therapist who specializes in brain and spinal cord injuries. She works about every other weekend at the local rehab hospital. When she worked last weekend she had four patients who were under 50, one of whom was only 29. Motorcycle accident, ATV accident, idiopathic stroke, and stroke due to illegal drug use. (Seriously, guys: Don't do drugs. Ever.) All of them had varying degrees of paralysis, brain injury, or both. So, if I ever feel like my life sucks I can just talk to my wife about who she treated that weekend and hear about a whole slew of people who would trade places with me in a heartbeat.

17 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

My wife is a physical therapist who specializes in brain and spinal cord injuries. She works about every other weekend at the local rehab hospital. When she worked last weekend she had four patients who were under 50, one of whom was only 29. Motorcycle accident, ATV accident, idiopathic stroke, and stroke due to illegal drug use. (Seriously, guys: Don't do drugs. Ever.) All of them had varying degrees of paralysis, brain injury, or both. So, if I ever feel like my life sucks I can just talk to my wife about who she treated that weekend and hear about a whole slew of people who would trade places with me in a heartbeat.

I think about those kind of things before i complain. Most people don't realize they live on the top of the pyramid. Thanks.

On October 12, I got back from a vacation, stepped out of the plane, an realized I could see my breath. 5 days earlier, it had been around 85 degrees and humid. This is one reason I dislike living in the american Midwest. 2 days later it was 70-ish*.

*Farenheit

On 11/2/2017 at 1:10 PM, TheEpicSquared said:

I cut my elbow today at the pool because some idiot went down the water slide right after me, when there was clearly still a red light. His toenail or something must have been what cut my elbow. 

Pool water stings worse than that alcohol that you put on wounds, that's what I've learnt today. :mad:

That reminds me of how my brother broke his foot at a trampoline park once.

He was about 9, and I was around 12. We were playing here:

maxresdefault.jpg

After I went down the slide, I was lying on my back on the foam cubes, trying to get up. My brother comes down the slide before I have a chance to move, and his foot hits my arm before anything else touches the foam. My arm was pretty sore, but his foot has a half-inch fracture in it. You know whats weird about this whole story? I cant remember the last time i drank milk, but he drinks it everyday.

*CONSPIRACY CONFIRMED*

On 10/26/2017 at 11:13 AM, Geonovast said:

I've been on satellite.  It was terrible.  Slow - snip etc -

Yet there is somebody out there who wants to fill our skies (low orbit) with thousands of little relay satellites to remake the web, and faster at that. Can I laugh yet?

On 10/26/2017 at 2:06 PM, Red Shirt said:

I'm a peace loving guy, but every time I hear that I want to reach through the phone and pound the slob on the other end. 

Exactly what an on site tech told me on one visit

Routers do have an instruction memory cache, which can get cluttered with 'lost' instructions and slow the handling of traffic. It is beneficial to cycle the router (and modem) periodically. A proper recycle requires that you remove all cables going to / coming from the device(s); power it off, disconnect, power back on and allow to cycle, power back off, reconnect, power back on. This won't cure all of your woes, but it does remove that obstacle from the issue.

I've been getting 3-4 scam calls a day for the last two weeks or so. The caller ID either reads "unknown", or is spoofed to my local area code, and it's always "Hi, this is so-and-so from travel company/employment agency/other, can you hear me okay?" 

The scam is, if you say "Yes", it records your voice and then some one else can supposedly use that recording to circumvent voice authentication software. I have no idea how well that actually works, but I'm really getting sick of it. :mad:

Make that five times today! "Hi, this is so-and-so from the Windows Technical Department. Can you hear me okay!" :confused:

Edited by Ten Key

3 hours ago, Ten Key said:

I've been getting 3-4 scam calls a day for the last two weeks or so. The caller ID either reads "unknown", or is spoofed to my local area code, and it's always "Hi, this is so-and-so from travel company/employment agency/other, can you hear me okay?" 

The scam is, if you say "Yes", it records your voice and then some one else can supposedly use that recording to circumvent voice authentication software. I have no idea how well that actually works, but I'm really getting sick of it. :mad:

Make that five times today! "Hi, this is so-and-so from the Windows Technical Department. Can you hear me okay!" :confused:

If this is your landline there isn't much you can do unless you're really being harassed and have serious intent to pursue and file suit. That being the case, you'll want to contact your phone company about 'call trace' (and 'call trap') and seek their help. This is the kind of thing however, that once you initiate you'll be following through. For example, if you're in the USA and Verizon is your provider, you can check this out... https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-account/security/unlawful-call-assist

If this is a cellphone, go get the app "Mr Number"... it's awesome!

On 04/11/2017 at 1:15 PM, GDJ said:

Bull-poopy. You have to have at least one.

Yeah, my guitar. I sort of am almost the reason for my loneliness. I never have had friends mainly because I lived in a small community which had a sport and farming focused culture. Nothing like me. Now, I am attacked with hockey sticks and kicked to the ground. The people who do this are heroes to everyone else. I guess that's life because nobody cares about me or wants to help. Plus, I rarely am free from headaches due to being unable to breath through my nose.

I thank you for your enthusiasm, but no.

Edited by Eldrad_Ulthran

TEACHERS ARE SUPPOSED TO TEACH!!!!!! NOT DIRECT YOU TO SOMETHING ELSE WHICH CAN'T REALLY TEACH YOU!

Here is a normal cycle of school classes for me:

1.  Principles of Engineering - teacher directs you to online packets and is not at all helpful when anything is going wrong. Say something isn't right, and he'll shrug and say "Okay. Fix it."
  2. History. Basically every day we're reading online articles from the same site. And who cares if I know how in the 1900s there was a random squad of NY street cleaners? I'm never going to need to sue that unless I'm on Jeopardy or something.
  3. PE. Teams are always unbalanced, teacher makes no effort to fix it, we pick from the same set of games every single day. Dodgeball, kickball, floor hockey. Over and over again.
  4. Chemistry - UGH! We come to class and he gives us these stations we go to where he offers no prior explainations of what we're supposed to be doing. We've got to write an essay, watch a video and answer questions online, and read another article online today (not to mention a textbook passage) with ALMOST ZERO teacher intervention!
  5. English - Honestly this one is okay. Half the time we're reading out of books, but it's English so it's understandable.
  6. Band - exception because it's band.
  7. Spanish - we get taught, alright. However we have such a huge amount of paper work due in class that I can't help feel like information is being forcibly pumped into my ears.
  8. Precalc - when the teacher does teach, she teaches well, but she almost never teaches. Whenever more than two people are gone from class she's like "I don't want to have to reteach it, so free day." And 75% of what we "learn" in that class is stuff we've already covered in Geometry and Algebra II.

I'm starting to think I'm learning more that I'll actually use at home than I am at school.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

A kid in my class is really annoying. We have a name thing where names mean stuff, for example 'Wendy' means 'When did I ask', and 'Frank' means 'Frankly I don't care' We were fine with that, but he's started to use my parent's names, and telling him to stop doesn't work, as he just says them over and over again. That isn't the only thing, as anything he can do I can't. He says I can't sing rap songs because I'm not black, and therefore it's racist if I do (and he's also not black, but says that he's apparently black on the inside).

Everyone else in my class can make jokes about him (he's also fine with it for some reason) but the second I do, he emails the head of curriculum about it. He 'accidentally' pushes, shoves, and trips me over (especially when I'm running in HPE), and gets his friends to gang up on me outside my locker. But the problem is, I can't report him, as he'll just say 'he called me names three times!' (I called him one on xbox, and the other two over a couple of days), and I will get in trouble. It's like he's fine with everyone else doing things, but when I do, he reports me. 

He's also the type of guy that wants to be popular, but he does it by making other people miserable (I was popular in my class at the start of the year, but now I just sit in the corner, and try to ignore the various insults and objects thrown at me) Is there any way to get him to stop? Or should I just ignore him for the last two weeks of the year.