Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

10 hours ago, Delay said:

Python sucks.

The python devs could write a style guide that says pulling out your toenails with pliers is now “the pythonic way” and half the user base would do it.

This is only a slight parody of the arguments against putting a SWITCH statement in the language.

Edited by FleshJeb

13 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

It's cold. Like a bitter cold. 19º with a windchill of 6. I'M NOT BUILT FOR THIS WEATHER

I'm from the South and that ain't too cold. I'm thinking... shorts? Flip flops?

I don't like how people use TedX talks to prove any point they have.  Most Ted Talks, which are at least vetted (TEDx is independently organized and surprisingly easy to get into), let alone TedX talks, are pretentious, oversimplified, overbearing, and often contradict each other, so using them as proof of something is not good.

1 hour ago, DAL59 said:

I don't like how people use TedX talks to prove any point they have.  Most Ted Talks, which are at least vetted (TEDx is independently organized and surprisingly easy to get into), let alone TedX talks, are pretentious, oversimplified, overbearing, and often contradict each other, so using them as proof of something is not good.

Some of them are good, but I agree that the TED name lends them more credibility than they really have.

21 hours ago, cubinator said:

*laughs in Minnesotan*

*Laughs in tornado alley*

The wind chill yesterday was 11. Tomorrow is will be 47.

Farenhight.

HELP ME

IM NOT USED TO THE WEATHER BECAUSE WE HAVE ALL THE WEATHER EVERY DAY

Edited by Kernel Kraken

24 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:

*Laughs in tornado alley*

The wind chill yesterday was 11. Tomorrow is will be 47.

Farenhight.

HELP ME

IM NOT USED TO THE WEATHER BECAUSE WE HAVE ALL THE WEATHER EVERY DAY

Oh don't I know it. Southwest Indiana here and oh boy...

35belowaveragetemps.jpg?v=at&w=1280&h=72

We have a windchill of 9 degrees fahrenheit tonight, but by the weekend he have temperatures in the 50s. In between is mostly mid to upper 20s.

Huh???  I have weather here every day too.

I must be missing something.

I have to say;  Polar vortexes, tornadoes, hail, rain, floods, hurricanes, snow, wind, gales, cold, warm, hot and humid ... we get it all here, and there isn't anything I've seen yet in all my years that isn't normal cyclic stuff.  Sorry to disappoint.

Tired of your daily dose of

2 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Polar vortexes, tornadoes, hail, rain, floods, hurricanes, snow, wind, gales, cold, warm, hot and humid ?

If yes, then Move to the Tropics™ ! Where there's only two weather : Really sunny, or really raining !*

* Please consider your choice wisely. Included in the reported side effects of the Tropics are excessive ground movements, searing molten rock, and a mass of water crashing into you.

(sigh)

One of the best videos from Nassault got silent recently. Probably a copyright strike. Sad.

Anyone know of a copy of this video somewhere else?

8 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Oh don't I know it. Southwest Indiana here and oh boy...

35belowaveragetemps.jpg?v=at&w=1280&h=72

We have a windchill of 9 degrees fahrenheit tonight, but by the weekend he have temperatures in the 50s. In between is mostly mid to upper 20s.

Looks like a nice day in.....Siberia??

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Looks like a nice day in.....Siberia??

I think that's a "temperature anomaly" map. Siberia is still 'cold as heck', but not as the usual 'bloody cold as heck'.

I'd like to complain about my pinched nerve.  I've had complete numbness and pins and needles in my entire right arm for going on 6 months now.  I've had xrays, MRI's, taken steroids and 8 weeks of physical therapy.  No one knows where the pinched nerve is and nothing has made any improvement; in fact the physical therapy made it worse.  I was referred to get an EMG test, and hopefully that helps to determine where the problem is... except its going to be 2 months before they can see me for a sit down talk, and then schedule the actual test some month(s) later.  So that'll be around 9 months of this.  There was no point at which this pinched nerve "happened", I just woke up one day with it and it never went away.

It gets to the point where I want to cut my entire arm off, the ever present throbbing, pain, numbness etc is unbearable at times.

@klesh Google 'nerve pathway chart' and check out the area of your issue;  If it is a pinched nerve, that will define 'where from'.  Of all the things you've mentioned, I don't see Chiropractor or Osteopath (who does manipulation) in that list.  I would make that move first before an EMG.

2 hours ago, klesh said:

So that'll be around 9 months of this.

Damn.  I'm going to skip out on complaining about my pinched nerve and two weeks of constant pain (while still complaining about it).

I just want to get more than two consecutive hours of sleep.

1 hour ago, razark said:

I just want to get more than two consecutive hours of sleep.

Last night I slept for seven hours - uninterrupted until 4:15 a.m. But in all fairness, it was the first time I had slept in 39 hours.
Gotta love insomnia! Oh, and that's not my complaint!

My complaint or gripe today is the cold weather - yes, we are finally above 32° F (0° C) mark but not by much. I'm sitting in my townhouse and feeling a bit of a cold air draft from the windows - the OLD windows they were going to replace last summer. I'm tired of the complex not doing the maintenance they've promised at the lease renewal meeting!

And what really gets me mad? I cannot seem to get warm sitting in my OWN living room... :huh:

3 hours ago, LordFerret said:

@klesh Google 'nerve pathway chart' and check out the area of your issue;  If it is a pinched nerve, that will define 'where from'.  Of all the things you've mentioned, I don't see Chiropractor or Osteopath (who does manipulation) in that list.  I would make that move first before an EMG.

Thanks for the advice.  I wouldn't see a chiropractor if I was paid in solid gold.  ;)

1 minute ago, klesh said:

Thanks for the advice.  I wouldn't see a chiropractor if I was paid in solid gold.  ;)

I'm the polar opposite.   I had constant pain in my leg for weeks that I believe was Sciatic nerve pain, finally went and got cracked.  Instant relief and never came back. 

We have an inversion table at work... that thing is heaven.

4 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I'm the polar opposite.   I had constant pain in my leg for weeks that I believe was Sciatic nerve pain, finally went and got cracked.  Instant relief and never came back.

Interesting.  I've always heard theyre like a drug dealer, getting you to rely on their treatment week after week. 

6 minutes ago, klesh said:

Interesting.  I've always heard theyre like a drug dealer, getting you to rely on their treatment week after week. 

I have the same feeling toward doctors, getting you addicted to something to mask the pain instead of actually fixing it.

I only want back once, about a year later, for a different issue.

I know people can get addicted to going to the chiro, but how do you think the number of people who do compares to the number of people addicted to pain killer pills?

For any kind of physical nerve/joint pain, I would always consider a chiro before going to the doc.

(This is all personal POV from experience, I'm by no means trying to tell you what to do)

Edited by Geonovast