Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

17 hours ago, tater said:

Tried to use ticketmaster to buy tickets in the UK today (from New Mexico) and it complains about my postal code (presumably not being in the UK). You'd think they'd want me to spend several hundred dollars on Hamilton tickets (my daughter desperately wants to see it). Grrr.

Not to belittle your difficulties, but I love the whole idea of flying to London from the US to watch Hamilton.

8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Afterwards, when I was quietly reading in the library, one of my friends came up to me and said that I should probably be careful, because now these three idiots were apparently very annoyed about me getting them in trouble - they were labelling me as a 'snitch'. Seriously? All I did was tell the truth, those three brought it upon themselves by coming into the classroom in the first place. I do not understand why, in 2019, that people want to avoid telling the truth about what someone did because they don't want to be labelled a 'snitch'. :mad:

You cooperated with a perceived enemy.

33 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Not to belittle your difficulties, but I love the whole idea of flying to London from the US to watch Hamilton.

My daughter pointed that out. If I lived in nyc, it might literally be cheaper to fly to London to see it. We tried in SFO, but I was unwilling to pay $450/ticket.

Bought a book for my kindle and it was more expensive than the print copy.

Wrap your minds around that for a second.

(Whilst Im not one of those "I just cant live without the smell of real books, reading should be a raw, visceral experience" type of people, I have nothing against print books and often buy them deliberately. I just wanted to read this one on my kindle.)

6 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Bought a book for my kindle and it was more expensive than the print copy.

I'm still trying to understand how Steam games are apparently more expensive than hard copies.

In Western stores. *laughs in ex-Soviet*

As a kid I used to be quite a book worm, not so much now, but I still get phases when I spent months reading at every free moment, especially during summer. I have an ebook reader, and that thing is amazing. Having thousands of books in your pocket and being able to read whatever you want without the need to haul all those tons of paper around. It's especially useful during summer when I'm at the seaside and don't have a proper access to the modern digital world (well, I avoid having a PC there and I reduce mobile phone usage basically down to reading weather report when). Having so many books with you means you don't really need to think months in advance about the stuff you plan on reading, you just take everything and pick something to read that day.

This device has been serving me for about 10 years and the e-ink display is still a pleasure to look at, compared to LCD or TFT.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:51 AM, Dman979 said:

Personal reasons.

12 hours ago, p1t1o said:

more expensive than the print copy.

I still have no idea how soft copies of anything should be valuated.

As in, not that do they have value or not (the answer to that one is : some does, others don't), but what value would be appropriate.

11 hours ago, YNM said:

I still have no idea how soft copies of anything should be valuated.

As in, not that do they have value or not (the answer to that one is : some does, others don't), but what value would be appropriate.

Well the bottom line is demand, which can be a vague thing to define.

But it boils down to: I wanted the kindle version more and paid the higher price for it.

Which in commercial terms, makes perfect sense.

But it makes all the "You're a valued customer!" "We WANT to give you the BEST deals!" "Come look here, even better deals! That we got for YOU!" "We share your wholesome family values!" "We wish SO. HARD that we could cut the prices even lower!!"

completely....insulting....and that is what Im complaining about in the end I guess. 

Edited by p1t1o

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

But it makes all the "You're a valued customer!" "We WANT to give you the BEST deals!" "Come look here, even better deals! That we got for YOU!" "We share your wholesome family values!" "We wish SO. HARD that we could cut the prices even lower!!"

They just sell their love for money.

The difference between the hardcopy and the virtual one is its cost.

A little later everyone will own not things, but personal ID and a set of granted rights linked to it.
"Please, %userID=6742C2C1-850E-4E75-910E-F477FF68104C%! Can we kindly ask you to leave alone the %thingID=DE6E4E12-9A7D-46E2-97D9-C6FEC1F0C773%. Looks like you don't have a permission to use it. Thank you very much."

(Yes, it's when you have taken a napkin from the table next to yours, and it is marked with RFID, while your table can read your unique eye pattern.

Edited by kerbiloid

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Well the bottom line is demand, which can be a vague thing to define.

But it boils down to: I wanted the kindle version more and paid the higher price for it.

Which in commercial terms, makes perfect sense.

completely....insulting....and that is what Im complaining about in the end I guess. 

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." - Publilius Syrus

21 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I think I can expand on that.

If thing is worth X

Then X = (what I will pay for it) = A + B = (value to me of possessing object) + (what I will pay to avoid NOT having it)

If a seller sets price at A, that is a great deal and I end up walking away with object.

Seller can make the sale at a price of Zero to A+B.

Price <A increases excess happiness

Price >A but <A+B, gives a sale with decreased happiness.

If price >A+B, then no sale is made

I guess I am complaining about average prices reaching (A+B)MAX meaning my excess happiness is approaching a minimum. It stings especially hard because of the difference being between a  physical product and a software product. The content is the same, the cost to the seller less, but the price to the buyer rises. I know we live in a capitalist society and supply/demand/profit are how we understand the world, but this is a particularly harsh example.

#1stworldproblemsthough "My electronic book isnt super-cheap!"

Edited by p1t1o

4 hours ago, p1t1o said:

But it makes all the "*extra advert crap*" completely... insulting... and that is what Im complaining about in the end I guess. 

I share your views.

2 hours ago, TheSaint said:

So... Continual Bubble ?

This already occured IRL, offline, I know.

24 minutes ago, Kernel Kraken said:
  Hide contents

Where is the dislike button? @SQUAD, please get on it asap.

Ask the leader of the nuclear power closest to you for a big red button.

I'll change my name to Nostradamus. :P 

Client decided to use a feature still not homologated . We never tested that feature, because we need testing data - but testing data is not available (or possible), as a lot of things depends from third parties that don't provide us with testing data. So we had to make a controlled, dry run with live data as homologation.

But the client decided he would risk it. (sigh)

Aftermath: If I was a surgeon, I would had made a heart transplant on a pilot. With the guy piloting the Kraken damned aircraft. :/

8 trucks full of merchandising on the parking. Some of my hair got gray today - replacing some of the fallen gray hair.

— — — — 

THEY DID IT AGAIN :D 

Edited by Lisias
better grammars. :P

For some odd reasons this morning (yes it is morning where I live), I can't open my mouth as widely as usual. The right jaw muscle has decided that if I open my mouth widely (like I would do for eating), the entire right side would aches, including the teeth. I can still talk, but eating is a pain, both in entering the food and munching it.

Sigh...

28 minutes ago, YNM said:

For some odd reasons this morning (yes it is morning where I live), I can't open my mouth as widely as usual. The right jaw muscle has decided that if I open my mouth widely (like I would do for eating), the entire right side would aches, including the teeth. I can still talk, but eating is a pain, both in entering the food and munching it.

Sigh...

TMJ?