Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

12 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

A whole bunch of non-complaints have been removed from the complaints thread. 

Well then, allow me to complain about your decision here.

A member posts about their actual real life problems, which are not trivial and may considerably affect their life and you are more concerned whether a forum thread is getting off topic, instead of wellbeing of an individual. Please reevaluate your actions.

4 hours ago, qzgy said:

whoa there chill a bit, burning brides is not a good hobby.

This guy disagrees. :)

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm6INW1AaAGRek-Vy5_Sd

since i'm here already...

I'm here because I can't sleep, and I can't sleep because I'm on a root channel treatment and the damned tooth is hurting as hell. And I'm already took the safe dosage of painkillers. :(

3 hours ago, YNM said:

This topic is geared to be a low-paid customer service ? Wake up sheeple, you can do better !

There're (legal) painkillers that doesn't overload the liver and kidneys?

Edited by Lisias
MOAR complains!

20 minutes ago, Lisias said:

There're (legal) painkillers that doesn't overload the liver and kidneys?

Well, there's a reason people research medicines...

Obviously not all things have immediate answers, but nothing's entirely inevitable (and if you've gone to inevitability, maybe you took something wrong...)

@Vanamonde 

Come on mate, you removed people's responses who were at least trying to offer some support/understanding/advice/compassion? We're not allowed to do that here? That would be very jarring if so.

Do I really need to specify that I am complaining about this? :rolleyes:

This falls right into what I call "A Bit Much".

Edited by p1t1o

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

This guy disagrees. :)

oops. i missed a letter.

I mean.. I guess do what you want. Something about legality comes to mind though.

13 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

I have burnt plenty of bridges why not this one as well?

Nothing wrong with burning bridges, it forces the barbarians to swim the moat in their attempt to reach you, making it easier for you to shoot them down like ducks in a barrel.  Think strategic placement.

My complaint for today is the weather.  Two days ago it was like summer, beautiful.  Yesterday, cold and rainy, blech.  Today, warm and like spring again.  Make up your mind Mother Nature!

I think maybe I'm going fishing.  The tide turns at noon and runs the afternoon, so, yea.

12 hours ago, qzgy said:

I don't think that you will have to have all of your chapters of your mission report checked by a mod.

Well, some chapters would deal with PTSD and recovery from emotional trauma... some chapter deal with effects of isolation and betrayal, my future chapters would deal with straight out planetary bombardment, with graphic display of loss of life... I think I will have to at least rewrite a ton of it, to keep the content 'family-friendly'...

Well, Tom and Jerry featured electrocution, blunt force trauma, vehicular cat-slaughter, immolation, explosions, bullying and so much more, and it was still 'Family-Friendly'... different folks, different strokes I guess..

15 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Two days ago it was like summer, beautiful.  Yesterday, cold and rainy, blech.  Today,

Two days ago, I rushed to get food home cause it was hot enough I was concerned over spoilage.
Yesterday it was chilly and drizzled a few times.
Today... it's SNOWING. :mad:
The indecisive goofs forecasting the weather actually tried to claim it could be 1-2 feet of snowfall tomorrow... then revised it to 8-12 inches... Now they say today we will get 1-3 inches, and tomorrow it'll be a mix of snow and rain, and the rain will likely wash out what little snow accumulates. Someone needs to DRINK their tea... Not try to read the tea leaves for the forecast... Ugh... :/

As for my other complaint... Just finished responding to someone on a Pokemon Go post on reddit... Someone there actually tried to make the argument that only IRL acquaintances can be your "actual" friends, and online people "aren't really real" friends... I mean... To have the gall to say that, online no less... :huh:

There are people I've known online for the better part of a decade, who know more about me than my closest IRL friend. Some of these people, I chat with nearly every single day. We are more open and share more with each other than we would naturally allow ourselves with people in person, but then we become so accustomed to one another's friendship, that it simply becomes natural. Same with my best friend IRL. He knew a guy for a solid decade and a half. They used to just play CoD together, but as time went on, they chatted, got to know each other... A few years ago my buddy traveled to Colorado to visit. They met in person. My buddy crashed at the dude's house. They already knew each other, each other's families. It was like old friends reuniting after years apart... Except they HAD met before... Many times... Online. They were perfectly comfortable in spending time together IRL. They became REAL friends online. They just made it IRL as an excuse for a vacation and to finally make the friendship IRL.

I really hate when people try to tell people that online friends can't be "real" friends... I know the difference between the artificial likes and subs, vs those people I am genuinely friends with online. Don't be trying to toss those real online friends with the faceless followers.

Edited by richfiles

8 minutes ago, Nivee~ said:

Well, some chapters would deal <some forum content directive noncompliant stuff :P >  of  I think I will have to at least rewrite a ton of it, to keep the content 'family-friendly'...

I already foresee this when I started doing some things similar. So I planned the short histories (Asimov Style) in order to hame some 'clean', publishable here, some some others 'tainted', and theses will be published only on my site.

The 'tainted' ones are wrote in order to explains why things happens, while the 'clean' ones only mentions them "en passant' - kind of "Jeb is doing this due what happened that time, and a short history with "that time" would be only published on my site. 

15 minutes ago, Nivee~ said:

Well, Tom and Jerry featured electrocution, blunt force trauma, vehicular cat-slaughter, immolation, explosions, bullying and so much more, and it was still 'Family-Friendly'... different folks, different strokes I guess..

I agree. Some things were so normal to me as a teenager that I have a hard time adapting to these Brave New World. I still have a lot of my old magazines, from Heavy Metal to Conan the Barbarian, and Groo - and virtually none of that histories are "safe" to publish here anymore. No even some drawings from Aragonez from his times at MAD (still have some!).

(and yeah! this is a complain!)

4 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

Well, some chapters would deal with PTSD and recovery from emotional trauma... some chapter deal with effects of isolation and betrayal, my future chapters would deal with straight out planetary bombardment, with graphic display of loss of life... I think I will have to at least rewrite a ton of it, to keep the content 'family-friendly'...

Following content may be jarring or unsuitable to those with PTSD or other anxieties:

Spoiler

This feature exists!

On 4/3/2019 at 6:34 PM, Geonovast said:

Oddly enough, plastered right over Missouri.

UkUSA.jpg

Sweet, I'm just barely outside the UK! Just where I want to be in relation to it. Not in it, not too far. 

On 4/1/2019 at 7:07 PM, FleshJeb said:

Build a plane and kick my butt again!

Also, I'd like to complain about my coworkers :D

72SYvBhm.jpg

ZDbm7Erm.jpg

Oops time to quit. They chose a Krispy Kreme box! The vegetables would have been preferrable!

Forgot I need a complaint after my likely 2- post unsnippdd flustercuck of a post... I have been drifting away from this excellent community :(

On 3/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, LordFerret said:

I pity those who are lactose intolerant.  They need to drink more milk.

Weirdly: I'm lactose intolerant. Whenever I eat cheese, I get stomach cramps and have terrible diahrrea (spelling is for nerds) for a couple of days. Except, it's only cheese. Milk, yogurt, anything else is fine. Just cheese. 

I balefully curse all those hundreds of men and women around the world who have ever deliberately and wilfully contributed to the design, manufacture or sale of any rotating tool or valve, such as a tap or a radiator control, that needs to be turned by hand and has been given a perfectly smooth, circular section with zero texture or geometry to grip, that relies solely on the friction between your hand and its polished, shiny surface. Triple bonus curse-points if the object is obstructed in any way or otherwise made hard to gain optimum purchase.

If you go to a thread labeled "KSP airplanes" and half the posts are about, say, pro wrestling, wouldn't you be frustrated? Where would you go to find the airplanes you were actually seeking if the title of a thread was not a reliable indicator of the content of the thread? You'd have to poke around at random to find what you wanted. Would that be fun? A productive use of your time? Would it make you want to continue visiting the forum in question? 

This is why all functional forums require members to stick to the topic of the thread in which they are posting. Yes, it's a limitation. But it's also required to keep those forums functional and not just chaotic jumbles of unrelated posts. 

Yes, I removed some well-intended commiserations from this thread. I also removed unrelated joke videos, advice on home electrical wiring, job interview advice, an extensive discussion of the viability of maintaining vacuum tunnels for high-speed transit, and complaints about forum moderation. And that was just the most recent of the many occasions on which moderators have intervened in an effort to keep this thread moving along in a productive fashion. Those of you who resent the removal of the commiseration: would you also like to wade through all of that other unrelated content to find just the posts about commiseration? 

If you want to discuss ramifications of something which flow from but are not on-topic for the thread in question, no one is stopping you from starting a new thread for the new subject, nor is anyone stopping you from sending the person in question a personal message (to offer condolences of for some other reason). And if you disagree with something a moderator has done, you are free to send that moderator a PM or send a protest to the forum leadership. But you are not free to clutter threads with unrelated discussions, nor are you free to derail threads with protests about moderation, since those are also off-topic and not of interest to those seeking the actual content of a thread. 

And since it has become apparent that continual interventions from moderators are not enough to keep this thread from devolving, it is no longer productive and will be closed. 

In response to some polite appeals through PMs, the mod team has discussed the matter and we refer you to this more carefully crafted version of a similar discussion. 

Also, if someone would like to create a thread specifically devoted to offering advice and condolences to beset fellow forum members, that would be a nice thing to do. 

Keep in mind, however, that these other threads would also be required to abide by the forum's rules and remain on-topic.