Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

5 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

...and she started listing her health complaints.

No, she knew she was in way over her head. I hate playing the whole Ph.D. card... but when a teacher looks down on a child's parents because they do not fit the "stereotype", I love being able to correct them. I will be 50 in two years and the teacher even repeatedly told my daughter at this parent teacher conference, "honey, you mean your grandpa..." Yeah, not the best way to get parents to like you when you're supposed to be a school teacher and keep demonstrating how much of an idiot you are...

18 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

This is the reason my wife and I are seriously thinking about homeschooling our daughter. She's in first grade and is already in triple digit addition and subtraction, and single digit multiplication and division. She also has the reading vocabulary of a child in 5th grade (about four years above hers), and is constantly ridiculed by her classmates for being too smart. Yeah, really liquids me off! :huh:

At the last parent teacher conference, her teacher asked me what I did for a living. Not wanting to brag, I told her the university where I work at. Her response was, "oh, so you're part of campus maintenance?" At that point of the conversation, I handed her my business card and corrected her, "no, ma'am, but from now on, you can call me Dr...."  :mad:

Homeschooling is one of the best decisions my wife and I have ever made. Seriously. Been homeschooling our three now for about six years. If you have questions, PM me. 

20 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

This is the reason my wife and I are seriously thinking about homeschooling our daughter.

I completely understand. However, personally, i would dislike being homeschooled, mainly because it would be more difficult and less frequent to socialize with others. School helped me go out of my socially akward phase. 

20 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

She's in first grade and is already in triple digit addition and subtraction, and single digit multiplication and division. She also has the reading vocabulary of a child in 5th grade (about four years above hers), and is constantly ridiculed by her classmates for being too smart. Yeah, really liquids me off! :huh:

Thats also a problem. Most of our classes just assume we know equally as much, while i bassicly know almost everything we have been told in, for example, physics class ever since i had it. I watch alot of educational YouTube videos, that just happend to be entertaining enough, you could binge watch them, thus, you gain more sweet sweet knowledge. (YouTube videos are also more dense when it comes to things learned per hour) Luckily, people don't ridicule me just because i am good at certain subjects. Maybe because my classmates have a bit more feelings to others because they are old enough to know bullying isn't a good thing.

That's what the advanced classes are for. But I do get what you're saying. The school system shouldn't be based around everyone is the same. People have different knowledge.

(ie; KSP players should be placed 2 grades ahead of level)

Edited by TheMadKraken2297

There's some... person who has a vehicle by my work that has a really loud exhaust, can't idle worth squat, and they like to just go start it up and let it run for HOURS at a time for no apparent reason.

It's far enough away that I can't tell where it's coming from, but loud enough that I can hear it oscillating through two sets of walls.

Whump....... Whump..... Whump......

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

This happens a couple times a month.  It's been going now for at least 30 minutes.  It's just as grinding as those... people who have car stereo systems that force everyone withing 1/4 mile to listen to their bass, several of which live by me, so I have to listen to that crap all the time too.

This might be slightly annoying to most people, but constant, low frequency rhythmic sounds make me so mad I'm seriously about to put my fist through the wall if it doesn't stop.

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

There's some... person who has a vehicle by my work that has a really loud exhaust, can't idle worth squat, and they like to just go start it up and let it run for HOURS at a time for no apparent reason.

It's far enough away that I can't tell where it's coming from, but loud enough that I can hear it oscillating through two sets of walls.

Whump....... Whump..... Whump......

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

This happens a couple times a month.  It's been going now for at least 30 minutes.  It's just as grinding as those... people who have car stereo systems that force everyone withing 1/4 mile to listen to their bass, several of which live by me, so I have to listen to that crap all the time too.

This might be slightly annoying to most people, but constant, low frequency rhythmic sounds make me so mad I'm seriously about to put my fist through the wall if it doesn't stop.

Man, you must be getting old like me! It doesn't seem that long ago when I would cruise into town with my radio on as high as it would go, blasting my cassette tape of AC/DC's Highway to Hell as loud as I could. Just factory speakers in that old Mazda B-2000. But now, even my daughter asks me to crank it up. I just don't like a lot of noise... 

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

Man, you must be getting old like me! It doesn't seem that long ago when I would cruise into town with my radio on as high as it would go, blasting my cassette tape of AC/DC's Highway to Hell as loud as I could. Just factory speakers in that old Mazda B-2000. But now, even my daughter asks me to crank it up. I just don't like a lot of noise... 

It's not the loud music.  It would just be mildly annoying if I could hear all the music (Although I still want to ask them what it's like being better than everyone else).  It's the bass.

When all you can hear is the deep, low frequency repetitive stuff that just grinds me to no end, like the oscillating idle on the truck.  I even took an early lunch just to get away from it.  It went on for another hour after my last post.

I don't think it's age.  This stuff has always ticked me off, starting in high school.

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

It's not the loud music.  It would just be mildly annoying if I could hear all the music (Although I still want to ask them what it's like being better than everyone else).  It's the bass.

When all you can hear is the deep, low frequency repetitive stuff that just grinds me to no end, like the oscillating idle on the truck.  I even took an early lunch just to get away from it.  It went on for another hour after my last post.

I don't think it's age.  This stuff has always ticked me off, starting in high school.

You're right. I wasn't thinking of the bass. But now that you mention it, it has always irritated me, too. Especially when the perpetrator is TWO cars behind me and my rear-view mirror is bouncing to the bass...

50 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

But now, even my daughter asks me to crank it up. I just don't like a lot of noise... 

I got into the truck with my kids a while back. I had Rush in the CD player when I started the truck, cranked up pretty loud. Thing Two is all, "Dad, can you turn down the music?" And I got to say:

"If it's too loud, you're too old!" :D

They were unamused.

49 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I got into the truck with my kids a while back. I had Rush in the CD player when I started the truck, cranked up pretty loud. Thing Two is all, "Dad, can you turn down the music?" And I got to say:

"If it's too loud, you're too old!" :D

They were unamused.

Hahaha, now that's funny...

My 7-year old will ask me to crank it up (even if it is already loud) when I play Meatloaf, AC/DC, KISS, REO Speedwagon, and Smashmouth.

But the same child will ask me to turn it down (and like yours, claim my music is too loud) if she hears Elton John, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Arlo Guthrie, Crosby Stills and Nash, Chicago, Genesis, or George Strait.

I guess she does have her limits!

Okay people, Apollo 11 isn't the first Moon Landing and Elon's Tesla isn't the first car in space, neither is the Falcon Heavy the most powerful rocket ever flown.

Apollo 11 is the first manned lunar, landing. Just one word however, not a big issue.

Tesla roadster isn't the first car in space, even worse, heck, the Tesla Roadster is the first non-functional or completely useless (beshides public attention). Ever heard of Lunokhod? Moon Buggy? Sojouner? Opportunity? Spirit? Curiosity? Yutu?

And eh, ever heard of Saturn V? N-1? Energia? Sure thing, FH is the most powerfull rocket currently active. But not "ever".

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Ever heard of Lunokhod? Moon Buggy? Sojouner? Opportunity? Spirit? Curiosity? Yutu?

Rover, Buggy, Rover, Rover, Rover, Rover. When people say car, they have a certain expectation of something that looks like a car, something they could drive in. Not just thing with wheels that drives around. Also expected in a car is a person. Granted, the Moon Buggy does that... but its such a weird thing so.... yeah. Its really not at all looking like a car. The roadster actually fits the expectation of a car.

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

And eh, ever heard of Saturn V? N-1? Energia? Sure thing, FH is the most powerful rocket currently active. But not "ever".

Did it say that somewhere? Huh. Didn't notice. Also - the N-1 was an abysmal failure. I believe it had a 0% success rate. And the payload capacity for Energia seems vague according to the wiki.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, Geonovast said:

High school? There was a car that would to this every day during lunch at my elementary school. I think it had something to do with the fact that the school was right next to four chop shops (two of which were boarded up) and a convenience store whose main business was renting moving vans they'd stolen from the U-Haul company. The really weird part is that if you keep going another two kilometers up that street you'd get to prime real estate in the foothills. I saw one of those cars once, and the trunk was flexing up and down. I imagine they went through several normal auto batteries just parked at a red light.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:56 AM, NSEP said:

Wait, your school has an anthem?

Ours unfortunately has the words, "Red and black unite you and me, we'll follow the path leave our legacy." (That last part is at least two octaves above what anyone at school can reach.) I had to perform it as part of a mariachi concert a few weeks ago. Deliberately messing that up was one of the great joys of my life, and I could get away with it because I was one of four acoustic guitars playing for 2,000 people crammed into one gym.

I have to write an email to about 100 end users about the fax server swap over that is happening next week. And I have a really bad case of the Mondays. I should probably make a pot of coffee and screw my head on straight first.

2 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I have to write an email to about 100 end users about the fax server swap over that is happening next week. And I have a really bad case of the Mondays. I should probably make a pot of coffee and screw my head on straight first.

Case-of-the-Mondays-Office-Space.gif?ssl

giphy.gif

Our maths teacher has extremely sensitive eyes and ears. A small giggle and she speaks to you like you just shouted something out loud. Its sort of annoying, especially when you are working hard and she calls out someone who isn't even that of a disturbance. Even more worrying considering she is going judge the way we work, and if she gives a person a negative, that person has an increased chance of not going to the next year-grade-class thing, and that might result into a delayed final exam.

So this teacher can basically make you not finish your final exams in a good timeframe, or even worse fail your exam because you made a slight noise a few times, scary.

Edited by NSEP

Major hardware upgrade,- ram and case and mb,
Checking disk for backup - seems the hard drive just died,
Getting black screen on boot - checked and cleaned and looong browse,..
Phew, but its solved after BIOS reflash!...

Doing OS reinstall, writing nix-pression from -stick,
Yet the spammers don't sleep, need to lend you a hand.. :)

I just found out that this Thursday (it's Monday now), the whole entire year level will be doing synchronized swimming as part of 'Manhood Journey' program. How does it have anything to do with manhood?! I hate swimming! I only participated in the school swimming carnival because I had to, and because I was bribed with KFC by my dad! Why do I have to do SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING???!!!!1 

31 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I just found out that this Thursday (it's Monday now), the whole entire year level will be doing synchronized swimming as part of 'Manhood Journey' program. How does it have anything to do with manhood?! I hate swimming! I only participated in the school swimming carnival because I had to, and because I was bribed with KFC by my dad! Why do I have to do SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING???!!!!1 

Yeah. Synchronized rocket landing is way more fun.