Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

My left shoulder has decided that it's injured. I didn't inure it. Nothing did. But it's convinced it should hurt anyway, so it does. It doesn't hurt when I move. It doesn't hurt when I stand. It doesn't hurt when I sit. It doesn't hurt when I try to sleep on my left side. But when I try to sleep on my right side, it burns like a strained muscle, so bad that I can't sleep until I turn over and lie on my left side. It's been doing this for several days, but instead of getting better, it's gotten worse. 

What the hell, shoulder? :huh:

6 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

My left shoulder has decided that it's injured. I didn't inure it. Nothing did. But it's convinced it should hurt anyway, so it does. It doesn't hurt when I move. It doesn't hurt when I stand. It doesn't hurt when I sit. It doesn't hurt when I try to sleep on my left side. But when I try to sleep on my right side, it burns like a strained muscle, so bad that I can't sleep until I turn over and lie on my left side. It's been doing this for several days, but instead of getting better, it's gotten worse. 

Compressed shoulder socket?

I had that once, doctor told me to go buy a new mattress. After three months of ignoring her, I gave in. Bought a new mattress and the pain was gone in a few days.

With that said, how old is your mattress? My old one was about 8 years or so...

16 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Compressed shoulder socket?

I had that once, doctor told me to go buy a new mattress. After three months of ignoring her, I gave in. Bought a new mattress and the pain was gone in a few days.

With that said, how old is your mattress? My old one was about 8 years or so...

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's just a randomly sore trapezius. :) 

Unfortunately, my summer ends tomorrow. Back to the classroom. A fairly light schedule this summer. I'm teaching one traditional class: U.S. History since 1865. The other two classes are on-line classes and are World Civilization to 1500 and Introduction to American Foreign Policy.

One of these years, I am either only going to teach one class OR will take a summer semester completely off. :blink:

My glasss is empty and so is the minibar. While I have two sheets to the wind I’m not at the full three sheets. Can i complain about that?

oh, and the lens on my camera fogs up as soon as I take it outside, and I have to wait until it unfogs until I can take a pic of the byooo-tiful moon. I’m definitely complaining about that 

Edited by StrandedonEarth

I hate it when people mock and underestimate people during an argument, and when they lose, leave the argument with an insult. People need to stray away from their sneaky tactics to offend others and instead be respectfull. Offending the opposer just increase the tensions, and the opposer might be able to slam dunk you, but oh, you already left. Actually a really smart tactic, but not the best. Nobody is going to like you for doing that.

Im talking primarily about Twitter here, home of arguments and flamewars. I once decided to go on twitter to see if there is anything new in the news, but all i saw was scorching flamewars. Just go to any tweet NASA posts, and the first few replies that pop up is 'NASA LIES THEY HIDE UFO! WAEST OF MY TAX MONEY! EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A SHEEPLE SHMUCK!'

Surprisingly enough, not much Flat Earthers. Its either 'NASA hides UFO's' or 'Spaceflight is a waste of money'.

Edited by NSEP

I don't like Reddit. r/prequelmemes and r/dankmemes are funny but the rest of the community reposts and overhypes stuff all the time.

4 hours ago, NSEP said:

I hate it when people mock and underestimate people during an argument, and when they lose, leave the argument with an insult. People need to stray away from their sneaky tactics to offend others and instead be respectfull. Offending the opposer just increase the tensions, and the opposer might be able to slam dunk you, but oh, you already left. Actually a really smart tactic, but not the best. Nobody is going to like you for doing that.

Im talking primarily about Twitter here, home of arguments and flamewars. I once decided to go on twitter to see if there is anything new in the news, but all i saw was scorching flamewars. Just go to any tweet NASA posts, and the first few replies that pop up is 'NASA LIES THEY HIDE UFO! WAEST OF MY TAX MONEY! EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A SHEEPLE SHMUCK!'

Surprisingly enough, not much Flat Earthers. Its either 'NASA hides UFO's' or 'Spaceflight is a waste of money'.

Yeah, I've noticed the same. Made an account about 3 months ago but it's nothing there. Only well known people hating on other well known people.

I only really browse it for Zubrin. He has a couple of interesting ideas.

Edited by Wjolcz

On 5/28/2018 at 6:17 PM, Vanamonde said:

I'll trade you, mine's on the right. The trap running down from the neck, down the shoulder and upper arm, through the elbow and straight down to the wrist. It only hurts when I try to straighten the arm out. So far, I've been told it's tendonitis and/or arthritis. I can tell you what it is... a pain in the ass.

9 hours ago, NSEP said:

Im talking primarily about Twitter here...

To be expected on a platform that allows 140 char, really.

There's a reason you can see people's tweet without logging in. I don't have a twitter account anymore.

I don't like exams.

I mean, I like TAKING them, they're so easy and fun, but I hate REVISING for them.

I mean, why would anyone want to sit there for hours and hours trying in vain to stuff knowledge in your brain when you could just read the books a few times, and relax? I've tried it, and it works wonders.

So far so good... It seems someone in management may have finally grasped that pushing your part time workers into full time hours and cutting labor might cause a bit of burnout. I actually got out at a reasonable time today... Although, I'm sure I'll soon be complaining about not making as much as when I used to have 74-90 hours on a single pay check. :rolleyes:

Here's to hoping I can pull out of the burnout rut, and get back to work on my Kerbal instrument panel and my keyboard.

5 hours ago, Ho Lam Kerman said:

I mean, why would anyone want to sit there for hours and hours trying in vain to stuff knowledge in your brain when you could just read the books a few times, and relax? I've tried it, and it works wonders.

Turns out you do like revising ;)

Martian bases.
I'm studying two serious, professional reports: NASA (MDRA Mars Design Reference Architecture 5.0) and ESA (CDF Study Report),

They are professionals, was hoping I, they will tell me, what should a marsoship and marsobase look like, instead of that what pathetic horror which me is imagining;
my marsokerbals will be happy sacrifice their lives not in vain and with pleasure at least mine.

So, what I have seen.

ESA.
Of course a ship with chemical engines, no reactors.  Multi-multi-stage, tens of rocket modules in packs. Cryogenics to departure, hypergolics near Mars.
No supporting crewless ships, everything gets to Mars in one ship.

Just a month-long stay on Mars, several buggy trips from the landing module. 2.5 years in orbit.

3 humans are landing (because 2 is too few) and have a trip once per ~3 days (because they can tire). 3 other ones stay in orbit (lozerz!!11) to guard the ship against stealing.

With a medical centrifuge onboard (that's reasonable).
The ship (and landing module!) enough big to fulfil civil habitat comfortability requirements (though without a water pipe and jacuzzi).

But with radiation doses defined as "what doesn't kill me - makes me stronger", like I care care about my Kerbals' dose more than they about humans'.
But with several module arranged in line instead of keeping them in parallel to protect the crew lair.

No ISRU at all. They just eat, drink, and liquid into bottles keeping them around the dormitory (because radiation).
No drilling. They pick the stones with hands and hammers.

No module reserve. If any module leaks, they lose it.
If leaks the habitat, the can either have a restroom (behind it), or drive the ship and land (nose part), because the habitat is in between.

NASA.
Several ships (at least 2).
Of course, several nuclear reactors (for propulsion and for ISRU), chemical engines are for cowards.
Pure hydrogen propellant from begin to end. A hydrogen tank can keep hydrogen for 2.5 years if write ZBO on it).

Cryogenic fuel to get back from Mars will be produced by an atomic ISRU. If it won't - well, bad luck, victims make the prize more yummy.
(Not the fuel for hoppers or a mobile base, but exactly, literally, for the return).

No centrifuge.
Why not? Spend 7 months in zero-g, land into 0.4 g, crawl out of the ship, crawl to the base, and crawl inside.
(Do not forget to keep praying, so it would be intact and not leak, because you can only hope that the ISRU-made fluid can burn.
Cryogenic of course, feel free to keep methalox for years in the lightweight ascent module tanks)
ESA at least was giving them a small medical centifuge to traing legs and badSes.
NASA would definitely add Martian self-propelled wheelchairs to get from the lander to the base.

But they have rovers. 4 of them. Not just 1 like those ESA cheapskates.
And they are going to have many trips, up to 100 km long.
While IRL the Lunar and Martian rovers can move for ~40 km in total. Kinda, a marathon. Because of sharp regolith and pit traps.

There is just nothing to steal. Why should I think out KSP bases myself, when there are specially employed people, who are doing this for money.

Edited by kerbiloid

Since Saturday, I’ve had this weird cough. It is like phlegm coats my throat and then I take a deep breath and cough,  a short, single hack. Nothing comes out, but my throat feels better. Since Monday my nose is congested, and I have to cover up my right nostril and snort to get the snot out. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I think that I was around some kids at school who were coughing at lunch and it spread to me. 

Also, since late April, I’ve had this wierd rash around my mouth. I wash my face 5 times a week, on those days it’s day and night, but it only gets less aggravated, not any smaller. I know what you are going to ask, no, it isn’t acne.

But it always feels better to talk about your problem.

Today I will be complaining about myself. 

That doesnt count as “complaining about each other,” right?

In any event I have recently come to the conclusion that I have been a bit of a right twit on forums recently. As such I would like to apologize to anyone I have intentionally or unintentionally, offended, insulted, angered or just generally annoyed.

Sorry.

Anyway... I have 10 days left in school this year and I now have a mock trial scheduled for tomorrow and a multi media  narrative presentation for English due next week. Why teachers gotta do this.

May have something to do with my cognitive and language capabilities dying as soon as I get online...

Ha. Apparently forums thinks ____ is inappropriate and changes it to cheeks. Actually no that’s pretty funny.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

5 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

In any event I have recently come to the conclusion that I have been a bit of a right twit on forums recently. As such I would like to apologize to anyone I have intentionally or unintentionally, offended, insulted, angered or just generally annoyed.

Happens to literally everyone sometimes ;) definitely myself included.

Dont worry, you'll snap wide awake in the middle of the night in ten or so years and remember with perfect clarity.

1 minute ago, p1t1o said:

Happens to literally everyone sometimes ;) definitely myself included.

Dont worry, you'll snap wide awake in the middle of the night in ten or so years and remember with perfect clarity.

Cheeks.

When you realize how true that is.

4 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Today I will be complaining about myself. 

That doesnt count as “complaining about each other,” right?

As long as you are not schizophrenic ! :-)

4 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

As such I would like to apologize to anyone I have intentionally or unintentionally, offended, insulted, angered or just generally annoyed.

Well... Since we get here, I also want to apologize to everybody that I haven't intentionally or unintentionally, offended, insulted, angered or just generally annoyed. Yet.

Please be patient. I will get into you sooner or later. :-)

Edited by Lisias

I have two computers. A crappy expensive potato I call a MacMini, and a old really fast box using Xeon and AMDPRO videocard.

At the end of the day, I decided it would be a good idea to software update everything, as it would be ready after dinner.

MacPorts changed versions on Mac, and my Gentoo profile were deprecated on Xeon machine. 

180 packages being recompiled on the Mac, about 600 on the Gentoo. Including GCC6 on both machines.

I'm on my mobile now playing Space Agency. Probably until tomorrow's lunch time. :-/

Edited by Lisias