Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

2 hours ago, p1t1o said:

He did say "pay" :)

If he paid for the work and lives in the USA, he's allowed to have a backup copy no matter where this backup copy was obtained.

However, not all places providing such backup copies are allowed to be mentioned due the Forum Rules. ;-)

Edited by Lisias
bad grammar. fixed.

52 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I burn it to CD. I play it in my truck's CD player. My friends all laugh at me because I'm old. I don't care.

You could explain them that their 3.5" 1.44 MB "one disk — one track" are almost out of fashion.

Edited by kerbiloid

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

I go on Amazon Music. I buy the album. I download it to Windows Media Player. I burn it to CD. I play it in my truck's CD player. My friends all laugh at me because I'm old. I don't care.

Laugh? What, like at the same time they listen to a hundred identical adverts whilst they fill out yet another subscription for something?

They can be my guest! :D

YouTube seems to have changed the way their playback window works a few minutes ago. The player's window size is now proportional to the browser's window size.

I was really confused the first time I saw that.

I have two today.

Few days a go basement flooded. Blah.

Now today may laptop is showing random smatterings of lime green and cyan pixels. Now I know that can’t be good, but I think that it’s fixable if the cards are kept cool.

Make that 3 problems...

Windows isn’t updating ok anymore. Might be time to wipe and reset since I can’t fix it.

Love my life. Weeeeeee

18 hours ago, Lisias said:

Unfortunately, the Forum Rules prevent me to tell you how. :P 

Eh, all the CDs and tapes here were pirated copies anyway, and I know how to download a piece of YouTube.

I'm just apalled they don't think as a consumer experience.

15 hours ago, TheSaint said:

I buy the album.

I wonder in this day and age whether an "album" is a concept worth retaining.

16 hours ago, Delay said:

YouTube seems to have changed the way their playback window works a few minutes ago. The player's window size is now proportional to the browser's window size.

I was really confused the first time I saw that.

I saw that! Weirdly, the first time I went on YT the playback window was quite big, but the next time I loaded it up it got thinner.

And you know what's really annoying? Tonight there's supposed to be a lunar eclipse, but the weather forecast shows rain ;.;:mad:

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Well I came here to complain again. Not really about windows this time. This time, I just finished resetting my computer and now have to reinstall literally everything. Guess how long steam says its gonna take to reinstall all my games? 6 hours. That is if the internet stays at its peak. Which its not going to because Im not the only one in the house. 

TLDR: regretting not getting an external HD 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

TLDR: regretting not getting an external H

With modern 1TB+ HDDs, I usually partition it so one third is for OS type stuff, and the other two thirds is “deep storage”. Then when I need to nuke Windows, only the one partition gets nuked. 

Yeah, I know, probably too late to be useful info this time...

2 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

With modern 1TB+ HDDs, I usually partition it so one third is for OS type stuff, and the other two thirds is “deep storage”. Then when I need to nuke Windows, only the one partition gets nuked. 

Didnt occur to me. Tho due to how messed up [read: after reset, CPU temps dropped 10 *C. This was after cleaning the fans out which took of maybe 2 *C] my system was, idk if that would have been a great idea. 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

5 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I saw that! Weirdly, the first time I went on YT the playback window was quite big, but the next time I loaded it up it got thinner.

And you know what's really annoying? Tonight there's supposed to be a lunar eclipse, but the weather forecast shows rain ;.;:mad:

And you can't see it in North America 

:mad:

I hate javascript.

I hate dealing with date calculations.

I really hate dealing with date calculations in javascript.

loathe having to deal with date calculations in a brain-damaged version of javascript without useful date manipulation functions.

Edited by razark

3 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Teach me how. Please. Or just link a video tutorial. 

Well, here's a real problem: Alongside the VHS player we also have a DVD player. (No, that's not the problem. I'm not against modern technology.)

That DVD player is causing some problems: It accepts and plays some DVDs perfectly fine (though it loads for some time) but on others it just loads for a while, displays an error and spits the disc out again.

8 hours ago, razark said:

I hate javascript.

+100500
An ugly by-product of asynchronicity.

8 hours ago, razark said:

I hate dealing with date calculations.

I really hate dealing with date calculations in javascript.

Mass killers should be sentenced to this.

8 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

Teach me how. Please. Or just link a video tutorial. 

When you install Windows 7, it suggests disk splitting.
As well as eny Linux.
(There is a lot of another "disk partitioning software", but that's right out of the box.)

Caution: do not try this with HDD already having some data.

Also, after splitting the HDD into logic partitions and installing the soft, it's wise to make a system partition backup with some "disk inaging software"
(II use Acronis True Image, but there's a lot of them.).

3 hours ago, Delay said:

That DVD player is causing some problems: It accepts and plays some DVDs perfectly fine (though it loads for some time) but on others it just loads for a while, displays an error and spits the disc out again.

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Could be the DVDs are dirty or scratched?

and:
Are this DVD read fine on another DVD player?
Is this really a DVD (not CD) player?
Are these DVD compatible with this player (DVD "+" and "-" standards)?

7 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Are this DVD read fine on another DVD player?

Yes. They play just fine on a CD/DVD drive on a computer.

Is this really a DVD (not CD) player?

Yes. Again: Some DVDs are read perfectly fine.

Are these DVD compatible with this player (DVD "+" and "-" standards)?

+/-? I didn't even know about that. That could be it. Is it possible to figure out which one it is?

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

DVD +R(W) and -R(W) competing standards.

Given that our DVD player has the VHS input as well I reckon it's quite old.

Is there any way to determine whether a DVD is DVD+ or DVD-? So far it's only an explanation, not a definitive reason.