Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

Apperently being forced to drink hot sugar-stuffed tea in the middle of a heatwave because there aren't any cold drinks in house is something to be 'proud of'? I just burned my fingers again and, no, im not proud of that.

32 minutes ago, Delay said:

Is there any way to determine whether a DVD is DVD+ or DVD-? 

It should be written somewhere on its face.

Also I use this program for CD/DVD things, it has Actions/Disc Information menu item which shows info about the inserted disk.

20 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

It should be written somewhere on its face.

It only reads "DVD Video". That's all it says.

And I might take a look at the program you linked.

Edited by Delay

So, not willing to step on anyone toes, but not willing to waiting for the good will of them too, I start to fork things that I use and need to fix. Nothing really worths of mention except..

There's this guy that though it would be a good idea to incept a Repo using as nick name a (in)famous arian dictator from an European country during the WW2. I don't give a sheet of paper :P for Politically Correctness, but I don't have that urge to attract to myself this kind of attention.

I don't want to do a "silent fork", that would impair the original maintainer (and anybody else that forked the thing) to merge back any good stuff I do on my fork (we fork public projects for a reason, right?). But I also feel a bit awkwardly having my name on the same repo as… "him". :/ 

#sigh

Rebasing a 3 years commit history is far from being a nice solution neither. :/ 

4 hours ago, richfiles said:

Why do some people choose to go out of their way to be so offensive... Crazy... :/

"Offense is taken, not given."

It's up to every one to choose what they take for themselves, and their reaction for what their voluntarily take for themselves is their sole responsibility.

Yeah. I'm stoic.

That said, it's the association that bothers me. I don't like my name being associated to Pablo Escobar, for example. It's demeaning for me.

I managed to get in my annual round of golf yesterday at Meridian Pitch and Putt in south Surrey...

Complaint 1. Temperature in the low 30’s C. Pack lots of water. But cooler than it would have been closer to home in the Fraser Valley

Complaint 2: one wheel keeps falling off my golf bag, and was forgotten when I switched into my friends’ vehicle. So silly me dragged my bag around half the course, before giving up and going bagless on the shorter back 9. So no golf bag to pack water in for that half

Complaint 3: hot and dry makes for stupidly fast greens. I had a long birdie putt lip around the hole for a 90degree turn, then slowly roll down, off the green and down the hill, ending up 30 yard from the hole :mad:, turning what would have been a 2 if it was a quarter inch closer, into something like an 8

So overall, I stank up the place, shooting an 88 on a par 55 course, even though I did hit some nice tee shots and made some nice putts, managing to par a couple of holes

I guess I shouldn’t really complain at all, since a bad round of golf is better than a good day at work anytime. 

Complaint 4: I really need to go golfing more....

5 hours ago, razark said:

DON'T READ THE COMMENTS! 

Damn, I don't usually read YouTube comments. Most of the time, it's a waste of time. :P 

It would be funny such idioticy - but then we realize that these idiots do vote. :( 

Edited by Lisias
small typo

Sergio Aragonés trolled me. I can't explain exactly how, as it would offend a Forum Rule, but this guy managed to troll me now using something he did 20 years ago. :D 

From thousands of his cartoons on the Internet, I managed to pick that very one. :P And it wasn't even one from his times on MAD… :lol:

12 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I don't like that you can't change your default font.

Yeah. Crazy how you can't do that. Imagine some of the things people might select as their default if they could! :sticktongue:

何も悪くない悪いことはありません。

Spoiler

"nothing is so bad that could not get worse."

Edited by Lisias
Added translation

After 25 years and 4 months one of my stereo loudspeakers got a raspy voice. A quick check revealed it's 3 of the mid/bass drivers that gave in to entropy. I hoped it was the crossover because that is relatively cheap to mend ...

I checked the web, original replacement drivers are long sold out, but there are replacements from another brand. A pair of comparable modern speakers would cost 1500 to 3000 funds, but i don't spend that much money without prior listening connected to my equipment.

So, i'll refurbish the old carcass with new drivers *starts searching the soldering iron*.

Edited by Green Baron

So I just finished watching the English version of Jurassic Park for the first time. Watched it in German on the VHS we had (I prefer VHS over DVD; use them while you still can!).

Anyways: I did it to understand the English language better accoustically in movies (and for vocabulary). Voice-over quality's too perfect, to clear for me. And it was at the credits that I realized, "I could have make a list of all words I don't know/am uncertain of so that I can look them up later!". I could punch myself in the face right now as it basically means I wasted 121 minutes of "English vocabulary learning opportunities"TM. The movie was still fun to watch, so the complaint is only minor.

So, yeah... Didn't do that.

My memory is strange anyways. I memorize irrelevant information a lot better than relevant information, especially when I'm focused on something else. Like watching a movie about dinosaurs causing mayhem.

When an ebay seller says they will combine shipping, so you bid on a bunch of his items, but then he waits long enough to send back an invoice with the combined shipping adjusted that ebay starts repeatedly reminding you that you have to pay for the dozen or so items you purchased... I would pay now if I had the invoice back... Without that invoice, it's asking for $78 in shipping fees! I need to wait for that combined shipping invoice. I'd bet all the items would probably fit inside a single USPS flat rate box. :/