Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

On 8/1/2018 at 3:45 AM, kerbiloid said:

Just imagine how much better could be the forum.

Hide contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTssxPPRu-yv0wmStcHajz

მე არ ვიცი რას ლაპარაკობ.

Edited by LordFerret

Nice avalanche of small annoying stuff in the last 24 hours.

Yesterday, around 2215 local time and while driving to a spotting location, I heard some kind of a double "bang" hitting the bottom of my car. I did not realized what happened then, as I never saw any animal or foreign debris on the road, and so decided to keep on driving. Then, just before arriving at Port Canaveral the low-oil warning light on, for about 3 seconds, then disappeared... and reappeared, longer this time, and just kept on doing the same stuff. This made no sense from my point of view, in I guessed it probably was a failure of the sensor following the "shock".

Then, a friend and I waited for around five hours for the supposed launch of Parker, just like hundreds of others all around. Standard treatment while waiting, such as little buzzing vampires flying all around us and a nice humidity, at 28*C (82*F)  Obviously, everybody was disappointed of what happened after all these hours standing here, but it only was the second annoying point.

The third and final one being that right after having restarted the engine, both of us heard the typical crackling from an engine running "dry"... the time to take care of the standard insurance stuff, and about 90 minutes later a great guy finally reached us, and it was at the moment he lifted the car that I could understand that the two "bang" heard earlier were coming from any debris, but from the oil-tank plug which separated and then bounced against the chassis. Hopefully, he found a garage open on Saturday, and we were able to leave after two hours and a nice amount out of the pocket to pay for the oil.

The reason it happens? More than probably because the last oil change happened just some hours before the incident and the guys forgot to screw the plug back correctly... :huh:

45 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Nice avalanche of small annoying stuff in the last 24 hours.

Yesterday, around 2215 local time and while driving to a spotting location, I heard some kind of a double "bang" hitting the bottom of my car. I did not realized what happened then, as I never saw any animal or foreign debris on the road, and so decided to keep on driving. Then, just before arriving at Port Canaveral the low-oil warning light on, for about 3 seconds, then disappeared... and reappeared, longer this time, and just kept on doing the same stuff. This made no sense from my point of view, in I guessed it probably was a failure of the sensor following the "shock".

Then, a friend and I waited for around five hours for the supposed launch of Parker, just like hundreds of others all around. Standard treatment while waiting, such as little buzzing vampires flying all around us and a nice humidity, at 28*C (82*F)  Obviously, everybody was disappointed of what happened after all these hours standing here, but it only was the second annoying point.

The third and final one being that right after having restarted the engine, both of us heard the typical crackling from an engine running "dry"... the time to take care of the standard insurance stuff, and about 90 minutes later a great guy finally reached us, and it was at the moment he lifted the car that I could understand that the two "bang" heard earlier were coming from any debris, but from the oil-tank plug which separated and then bounced against the chassis. Hopefully, he found a garage open on Saturday, and we were able to leave after two hours and a nice amount out of the pocket to pay for the oil.

The reason it happens? More than probably because the last oil change happened just some hours before the incident and the guys forgot to screw the plug back correctly... :huh:

This is one of the reasons I do my own vehicle maintenance. (The other being it is amazingly cheaper.)

7 hours ago, XB-70A said:

The reason it happens? More than probably because the last oil change happened just some hours before the incident and the guys forgot to screw the plug back correctly...

I'd bring that recent for the service shop to the place you got the oil changed and ask them what kind of shoddy, lazy work they think they charged you for! At the least, demand a refund, since they risked your vehicle's functionality, your safety and your time, all cause they couldn't properly finish their job!

Had to edit this, cause my mouse is acting up, and the entire quoted text didn't select... Intermittent main button operation, I think.

Edited by richfiles

I prepared a setup for our flight through the perseids tonight and tomorrow. But the sky is closing due to heavy calima, Sahara dust in the atmosphere and clouds. View distance is 2-3 km. I doubt i'll see any stars tonight ...

Ah yes, that would be my complaint too. The only cool and cloudy days for the last week and next week are on the weekend, wrecking my chance of seeing the Perseids. And setting me up for another boiling week at work, where the temperature in the shop hits 35-36 degrees centigrade. (95+ Fahrenheit)

My Steam account has been hacked! I received an email this morning saying that someone logged into it with the correct username and password. I checked their IP address, it's coming from Thailand. I have over 40 games and nearly $500 spent, and now I can't access it as the IT thing has blocked Steam. What do I do?!

Here's the screenshot of the email I got, I've covered my username for privacy: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aQEXL1v2LuVzPjk86

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

18 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

My Steam account has been hacked! I received an email this morning saying that someone logged into it with the correct username and password. I checked their IP address, it's coming from Thailand. I have over 40 games and nearly $500 spent, and now I can't access it as the IT thing has blocked Steam. What do I do?!

Here's the screenshot of the email I got, I've covered my username for privacy: https://photos.app.goo.gl/aQEXL1v2LuVzPjk86

Follow the email instructions. And turn on the Guard, it would had prevented this. More info here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4020-ALZM-5519

3 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I said that the IT blocking thing has blocked Steam. I can't access the link (as it's blocked)

Ouch… *NOW* I understand. You only have access to Internet using an infra that blocked Steam! Dude, what a situation.

There's any chance that you could ask for a temporary exception for you? Or there're any thrusted friend that could allow you to use his computer so you can do it?

Because the only other option I'm aware of is using a thing called "open proxy". A "proxy" is kind of an old time telephonist: you ask it to connect you to some site in your behalf and to redirect al I/O he receive from the site back to you. So, yeah, it potentially can read everything you are sending through them, including your passwords.

Frankly, this is "suicide" because this is exactly how they manage to get passwords from unaware users. Running computers costs money, so you must wonder why someone would be "nice" to provide you a "free proxy". (Remember: there're no free lunch!). You can "hire" a paid proxy, but the same applies - you must thrust they will not overlook your passwords, but in USA at least, if they are caught doing that that guy will be in a very bad situation as you are a paying consumer and by doing that they would be breaching the contract.

In a way o another, your IT will probably see this as a rule breach, and you will probably risk some punishment - there's a reason they blocked Steam, after all.

Edited by Lisias

I'd like to complain about me... 

Apparently, I'm an idiot. :huh:

I just assembled a 42 piece rush order of circuit boards WRONG, and now I need to pull an all nighter to rework my mistake.
I soldered the wires to the wrong side. It was so dumb. I did the first one wrong, and just followed with all the others.
I wanted till I was DONE to put a board on the tester... And of course it failed. Had I tested as I went, I'd have caught it at the first one.

I had to make THAT call to my boss... :/

They need to ship tomorrow morning, so back to work I go... at 9:20 pm (21:20). I calculate it'll take at least 4 hours to fix... ;.;

28 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Ouch… *NOW* I understand. You only have access to Internet using an infra that blocked Steam! Dude, what a situation.

There's any chance that you could ask for a temporary exception for you? Or there're any thrusted friend that could allow you to use his computer so you can do it?

Because the only other option I'm aware of is using a thing called "open proxy". A "proxy" is kind of an old time telephonist: you ask it to connect you to some site in your behalf and to redirect al I/O he receive from the site back to you. So, yeah, it potentially can read everything you are sending through them, including your passwords.

Frankly, this is "suicide" because this is exactly how they manage to get passwords from unaware users. Running computers costs money, so you must wonder why someone would be "nice" to provide you a "free proxy". (Remember: there're no free lunch!). You can "hire" a paid proxy, but the same applies - you must thrust they will not overlook your passwords, but in USA at least, if they are caught doing that that guy will be in a very bad situation as you are a paying consumer and by doing that they would be breaching the contract.

In a way o another, your IT will probably see this as a rule breach, and you will probably risk some punishment - there's a reason they blocked Steam, after all.

So in short: I can't do anything unless I absolutely beg the IT department to let me access the site (0.0000000001% chance of happening by the way). So I'm pretty much screwed.

Found some more information: The IP is coming from Bangkok in Thailand, and the ISP is from TOT Public Company Limited. I checked it out on Google Maps, and it seems to be based in an area around several major technology firms and banks. 

So what I have now is this: My account was hacked by somebody in the city of Bangkok, Thailand. They were based around several technology firms and banks, one of which is 'Wisetrack'. 

Any helpful sites that you guys could recommend to narrow down the source of the IP?

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

20 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

So in short: I can't do anything unless I absolutely beg the IT department to let me access the site (0.0000000001% chance of happening by the way). So I'm pretty much screwed.

Pretty much, because I'm on Steam now and the only way to get support from them is from the site. :/ 

Just now, Lisias said:

Pretty much, because I'm on Steam now and the only way to get support from them is from the site. :/ 

That's great! I bought a few games on there, and obviously put in PayPal details. Now they have access to the PayPal!

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

That's great! I bought a few games on there, and obviously put in PayPal details. Now they have access to the PayPal!

Don't think so, unless they had access to your email too. Steam blocked your account, so no one (and not just you) can access the account now.

What I suggest is to change your email and paypal passwords. Just in case.