[1.2.2] Mark IV Parts Mod, Missing Parts

I had downloaded the Mark IV Parts Mod yesterday, and dragged and dropped the MarkIVSystem folder into the GameData folder of KSP's root directory. Some of the parts were missing. I was redirected to this forum to explain my issue but instead I found a solution in one of the download links provided. I removed the MarkIVSystem from my computer and downloaded again.

Following the instruction of the install, which was to drag the zipped-up GameData folder into the KSP root directory, and not changing any folder names, I was expecting the missing parts to come back. They didn't. 

Could somebody who has installed this mod explain how to make these missing parts return to my game, and what I did wrong?

Just to be clear:  You need to unzip the .zip file, and move its contents into GameData.  By any chance, did you just put the .zip file itself there?  That won't work, for this or any other mod.

If that's not what you did, then never mind.  :wink:

10 hours ago, Snark said:

Just to be clear:  You need to unzip the .zip file, and move its contents into GameData.  By any chance, did you just put the .zip file itself there?  That won't work, for this or any other mod.

If that's not what you did, then never mind.  :wink:

No, I put the contents of the zipped file into GameData. 

I am having the same problem as Space Yorkie. I have tried with both 32 and 64 bit versions. I copy the mod game data folder into the root folder and select yes when it tells me that there is an existing folder with that name. When I get into the game I cannot see bays, or fuel tanks. 

Gentlemen  RE both issue above, provide a zipped copy of your KSP.log , It's only by doing that, that the reason for your problem will be revealed, and likely a lot quicker than if we have to play a guessing game, which is what a bug problem without an associated log amounts to. 

Time taken to fix a problem when a log is supplied, providing it takes no change in the mod itself is maybe an hour of your time, without a log it can be days or weeks,

Fixed an install for a guy on steam who hadn't played for a week and had a page of possible answers to his problem but not one request for a log,  seeing the log had him up and running in 1/2 hour.

1 hour ago, kartman2001 said:

SpannerMonkey

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7674093/KSP.zip

Log is there. This is on a completely fresh install of 1.2.2 x64. I've followed the install directions, and this is the only mod installed.

Saw your post over in the MkIV thread, Hey, don't know If anyone said it yet but, Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for uploading your log, looks like your problem is you are missing ModuleManager.

"InvalidOperationException: The tank definitions have not been loaded yet (done after game database load). Perhaps ModuleManager is missing or out of date?"

And

"Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe 

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
B9PartSwitch v1.5.3.0
DeployableEngines v2.1.0.0
Firespitter v7.3.6212.36331
AnimatedIntakes v1.0.0.0
TweakableAnimator v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.0

Folders and files in GameData:
B9PartSwitch
CommunityResourcePack
DeployableEngines
Firespitter
MarkIVSystem
NearFutureProps
Stock folder: Squad"  No ModuleManager.

But in the future when you upload a log upload the other one (Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)) it has more info.

35 minutes ago, smurphy34 said:

But in the future when you upload a log upload the other one (Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)) it has more info.

There is a reason the KSP.log was asked for .....

Although the output.log has more info, it is usually a good starting point to look at the KSP.log as it can provide a good overview of what is happening in your game and it will give an indication of where to look if there is a bigger problem with your KSP install

I have solved a number of issues people have had just by looking into the KSP.log

34 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

There is a reason the KSP.log was asked for .....

Although the output.log has more info, it is usually a good starting point to look at the KSP.log as it can provide a good overview of what is happening in your game and it will give an indication of where to look if there is a bigger problem with your KSP install

I have solved a number of issues people have had just by looking into the KSP.log

Ok, thanks for the info.  I guess the usefulness of the KSP.log changed in the 1.2 push and I didn't catch it.

6 minutes ago, smurphy34 said:

Ok, thanks for the info.  I guess the usefulness of the KSP.log changed in the 1.2 push and I didn't catch it.

The usefulness has always been there, even before 1.2 dropped ... it provides only a quick overview of what is going on and in no way will solve any major issues by itself

What it does do is indicate with a quick glance if the mod was installed incorrectly and what warnings are being thrown which can indicate where a person should look to find out where a problem lies

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.