[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

Hello everyone!

First of all if this is against the rules or in the wrong section then I\'m really sorry!

Also I know it\'s quite early to post this, but what do you think 0.17 will be like?

I\'m guessing they will implement Docking. What do you all think?

Reworking all the parts.. Bugfixing..

Posibly implementing the realistic drag\lift that c7 is working on...

But I don\'t think docking will be implemented until 0.18 0.19..

I hope that the parts (especially the liquid engines) get some re balancing. Right now they seem too weak, and the solids are too good. IVA\'s would be cool, but I just don\'t see the practicality. What I want most is a new planet...

I hope that the parts (especially the liquid engines) get some re balancing. Right now they seem too weak, and the solids are too good. IVA\'s would be cool, but I just don\'t see the practicality. What I want most is a new planet...

Planets will be implemented! But that will be in quite a long time

I\'m hoping for docking.

Yes, this will be fun, and it will allow much more powerful over kill/interplanetary ships at more of a difficulty/effort level.

I\'m hoping for a new planet my self, (Maybe even a gas giant rather then a mars like planet, but both +moons would be amazing)

I believe IVA means walking around inside the ship? I assume more parts would have to be added, maybe even life support systems and habitation modules, and that would be awesome.

IVA im guessing, is In Vehicle Activity. I don\'t see much use for this until the campaign mode comes out, and that is not for a long time. My bet, is partly on docking, though it might be a while before we get that, depends on how much they work on it, but I think some of the larger implementations will be planets, which I find much more exciting than docking or IVA.

I\'d love to have the ability to have extra pods so we can launch ships off of ships and then return to the original vessel for a return trip (Much like the original moon landings?)

Plus that way we can have rovers, since they\'d need to be workable command pod type objects.

I\'m having some trouble expressing myself

English fail...

Can someone shed some light on the term IVA??

Intra-vehicular Activities.

I\'m thinking planets are coming somewhat soon. They added 100,000x time warp, which to me means 'now you can go farther, faster.' The 100,000x is all but useless in the Kerbin system. I do not think that docking will be in the .17 update. IVAs were a planned feature for .16, I\'m thinking they\'ll come in .16.1 or .16.2, along with the rest of the rebalance parts, although I think they should keep the small ASAS, SAS, and RCS tanks, and add large ones like they did with the other tanks/engines. I don\'t think wings/control surfaces should be scaled up as they\'re still good for the spaceplanes. Except perhaps the swept wings.

I\'d love to have the ability to have extra pods so we can launch ships off of ships and then return to the original vessel for a return trip (Much like the original moon landings?)

We already have that, empty pods v .03.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=16824.0

I\'ve used it to drop a 5 pod rescue vessel/dorm to my 12 kerbal Mun colony. Unfortunately with so many ships landed in the same area the game lags too much to land another...

Also right click the hatch of the extra pods to get the kerbals back out.

We already have that, empty pods v .03.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=16824.0

I\'ve used it to drop a 5 pod rescue vessel/dorm to my 12 kerbal Mun colony. Unfortunately with so many ships landed in the same area the game lags too much to land another...

Also right click the hatch of the extra pods to get the kerbals back out.

You can also get the crewtank. It holds 5 Kerbals. I\'m hoping they\'ll make a larger one as well. And if it lags so much nearby the colony, just land like... 2.2km away and eva your guys over to the recovery vessel.

Well it seems all the guesswork has gone from this thread! Either way, I\'m happy to sit back and let the dev team throw updates at me in their own good time, there\'s plenty to be having fun with in the mean time so I can wait for as long as necessary.

The 0.17 changelog looks very promising (I know not all presented features will make it in 0.17). I have to say the development of KSP goes very fast, with increasing performance (more FPS) every new update ... !