[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

Looks great for a mars analogue. Any contemplation from Squad on splitting the .17 update up a bit? Releasing just Murs+moon and the RCS tank for the 3m rocket would not only be huge on its own, but it appears to be near an acceptable release point.

Here\'s an updated color:

APevv.png

Bit more mars-like, but still vibrant.

About that drogue chute, you could always use the inflatable airbags that the unmanned rovers use when they land (well they use a drogue chute also too, but still) I\'m sure the Kerbals won\'t mind bouncing around a bit. :P

Why not purple?

;P

Why not Zoidberg?

Anyways Murs looks fine and I can\'t wait to buy the game and land on it. :P Since the addition of new planets is when I am going to buy the game, I just didn\'t expect it this soon though.

Guest butt head

in the case of red less red i think that if you kept the red lower like you have it but made the atmosphere its self red giving it a glowing red over the planet would look best but if that anit possible then MOAR RED

Red

vwcla3a.jpg

Red Mars-Red.gif

[image Response - Someone needs to read the forum rules

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=17066.0

I personally dislike that shade of red, my reason for this is here:

Our mars is red because of Iron Oxide (rust).

Rust is not bright red.

http://www.universetoday.com/22580/why-is-mars-red/

colour_thesaurus.jpg

Obviously, squad can make it a different red. But if it\'s iron oxide, I\'d personally be supportive of a less vibrant red. Although, I think it\'s possible to make the planet more red from orbit and less red close up. So, a bright(ish) red could be kept for seeing the planet from a distance, and it could fade to a more realistic colour close up. - think the oceans on kerbin, they\'re really blue from orbit, and they go greener close to.

What NovaSilisko last posted, I think, would be a perfect balance between garish and bleak.

(feverishly trying not to harass developers with shades of red :S )

Nova, you have yet to disappoint me with all the work you have done with this game, both the mods and regular content. Your judgement is sound, as far as I am concerned.

Though purple would be a much manlier shade.

WOW within a couple of days nova made the first planet/moon for the .17 update wooow that was quiet quick :D :D :D :D im loving it i wonder if this planet has more gravity than kerbin or less hmmmm ill think we\'ll find out when this update comes out some day :)

hmm i wonder if nova made his second planet/moon yet :)

(my face when i seen the .17 update in ksp development :o )

Guest butt head

WOW within a couple of days nova made the first planet/moon for the .17 update wooow that was quiet quick

:D :D :D :D im loving it i wonder if this planet has more gravity than kerbin or less hmmmm ill think we\'ll find out when this update comes out some day :)

(my face when i seen the .17 update in ksp development :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o)

face spam is face spam try...

WOW within a couple of days nova made the first planet/moon for the .17 update wooow that was quiet quick :D im loving it i wonder if this planet has more gravity than kerbin or less hmmmm ill think we\'ll find out when this update comes out some day :)

(my face when i seen the .17 update in ksp development :o)