[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

WOW within a couple of days nova made the first planet/moon for the .17 update wooow that was quiet quick

:D :D :D :D im loving it i wonder if this planet has more gravity than kerbin or less hmmmm ill think we\'ll find out when this update comes out some day :)

hmm i wonder if nova made his second planet/moon yet :)

(my face when i seen the .17 update in ksp development :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o)

Please stop that. Emoti-spam is seriously annoying and presents a poor image of your level of maturity.

On-topic: I think a duller red is better. The red he has now is far more vibrant than Mars\'s still, but fits well. The first one was a bit overkill.

On-topic: I think a duller red is better. The red he has now is far more vibrant than Mars\'s still, but fits well. The first one was a bit overkill.

I agree. I think it would hurt my eyes to stare at that first red for too long, and the second one looks a bit more realistic as well.

Also, Nova, is there some special program you have that generates planets quickly? It seems like you pumped out a land-able planet with hills, terrain scatters and a moon rather quickly.

not sure which red it is, so I\'ll just post the picture. I like this red:

[hide]XdqSp.jpg[/hide]

Looking forward to something else to land on. Opens up the door to a real planet crawl too where we have to land on everything, then return home. Depending on how much gravity this has, this could add some real challenge.

Will we have blurry planets in the map view (say, before an orbit is established)?

It would be more exciting if we couldn\'t switch focus in map mode and see planets in full detail. It would spark our curiosity, you know? Less spoiler-y... If that makes sense.

Edit: Bonus points if this blurry thing can be controlled by mods, so that the ISA Mapping Mod can control blurryness based on percent mapped.

Please don\'t copy our solar system planet for planet, although i do like the mars idea. it just wouldn\'t be as exciting since it would be so similar.

Also, i\'d like the throw out the idea of a dwarf planet, since nobody has mentioned it.

Will we have blurry planets in the map view (say, before an orbit is established)?

It would be more exciting if we couldn\'t switch focus in map mode and see planets in full detail. It would spark our curiosity, you know? Less spoiler-y... If that makes sense.

Edit: Bonus points if this blurry thing can be controlled by mods, so that the ISA Mapping Mod can control blurryness based on percent mapped.

Eventually, we\'d like to do that.

I like the idea of a swamp/marsh like planet too ;)

Imagine you are all set to blast off the desert planet and a huge sandstorm lasting many game days blows in. I wonder if that would be possible in the future along with blizzards for other planets and possible seasons.

Please don\'t copy our solar system planet for planet, although i do like the mars idea. it just wouldn\'t be as exciting since it would be so similar.

Also, i\'d like the throw out the idea of a dwarf planet, since nobody has mentioned it.

it makes more commercial sense to have a solo system like ar one. as it will attracts a lot of people that would like to explore the solo sistem ore one like it and dont forget that squad sed thay will add a solositem editor.

About the change to atmospheric rendering, is it an increased color gradient or does the aura now show at a greater distance?

I just tweaked the color gradient for the over-the-surface part of the atmosphere. But, that made it possible to increase the intensity of the effect, so by the time the atmospheric 'aura' becomes invisible, there is a lot more visible atmosphere over the planet itself, so the transition looks quite a bit nicer.

I also tweaked the atmospheric haze colour into a slightly bluish tint, so it looks better from the surface as well. :)

Cheers

HarvesteR, how will the custom scenarios work? Will we be able to make our own, and if so how does that work? Will we just choose a bunch of parameters and a goal and it\'ll start us in a certain place? Or are there just a couple pre-made scenarios we can use and that\'s it?

after what we have seen and been told on this thread, why does it seem that not even a day after 17 was announced that all the features are pretty much done? =P

I honistly cant wait for more planets, love a good problem to solve on kerbal

after what we have seen and been told on this thread, why does it seem that not even a day after 17 was announced that all the features are pretty much done? =P

I honistly cant wait for more planets, love a good problem to solve on kerbal

Maybe we will get a surprise update to coincide with the Mars Curiosity Rover landing Sunday! 8)

Eh, it would probably only be Morz with any fixes they have (like the Kraken and fuel flow), a 16.1...

Now that I think about it, it wouldn\'t be too unreasonable, just unlike them.

Maybe, just maybe....