[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

That's Meander! A Green gas planet.. ZOMG a gas planet?!

Also, the rest of the album pictures:

attachment.php?attachmentid=30741&d=1344125293

A view of the desert planet from a moon reveals that the planet is Egar, from the Kerbal's guide to our solar system.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30739&d=1344124216

Looks like a Kerbal tumbling through Meander!

Confirmed planets:

Eve

Egar

Meander

Please don't confirm things, because they are in FACT not confirmed as Nova has stated more than once.

Oh I do love making people speculate...

That said, you're all dead wrong so far :P

I've had that impression from the beginning, that you've posted these images and then sit grinning behind your computer desk at the responses, like a man feeding piranhas with small bits of meat, and watching them swarm around for the tiniest bite.... That said, I love it that you post the images, since I (and probably everyone else in the community) really enjoy seeing the planets develop, and it's good that you engage in the community.

(The impossible thing in the diagram being a circular orbit with different Ap end Pe)

Wikipedia doesn't say no, because Cruithne is not in a circular orbit, it's perfectly normal elliptical orbit.

Ah, i'd just assumed it was like that because of some less than accurate diagram drawing. No, another circular orbit would not be possible :)

This talk about planets and their orbits intersecting is bothering me. I think the planets should be in circular orbits, no matter how unrealistic it may be. It is a game, not a fully accurate simulator.

It must be a picture of the space Kraken!

no its the wreck of a viking ship on the mun whe all now vikings got there ferst ;).

it looks to me like a shot from inside a capsule looking out form a porthole.

At midnight we need .16.1 with the red planet :D Anyone else agree? If you don't get it then: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/news/msl20120804.html

Yay first post of the page!

As for that picture... I agree with a lot of other people that it's Meander but there is a dark spot in the middle, could it be like the red spot on Jupiter :o

Edited by swiftgates24

Look, there is a slim chance of a 16.1 being released tomorrow, even though I want it a bit. If MSL fails to land, and crashes, will there be a update? No! Look, he has apparently posted pictures of three planets. Gentlemen, of each planet, which we will name

A

B

C

what are some possible locations as to these? Inside Kerbin's orbit or outside her orbit?

I'm making a quick one right now :P

x7ckS.jpg

Yellow=(Obviously) Kerbol

Purple=Eve

Red=Kerbin

Tan=DesertPlanet

Green=Meander

Meander is not on the same plane as all the other planets, like an 8 degree tilt.

There, sorry for the poor quality, that's Microsoft Paint for ya :P

Edited by swiftgates24

A while ago I posted 'Lamedes' (pronounced lah-mee-dees) or 'Lemades' as a possible name for the desert planet, which NovaSilisko said he liked. (http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/16088-Hey-where-are-the-devblogs/page2) However, I'd still doubt that this will be the name, as it's too early to say any names for definite at the moment. I doubt that NovaSilisko is in charge of the names, I more suspect they will be a group thing, agreed on by the whole dev-team.

Edited by Vostok

Regarding the next version...it's pointless and bad form to ask for a date, yes; but have Squad even confirmed whether they're presently working on a 0.16.1 patch, or going straight to 0.17?

Sorry, but I don't think that would work. A gas giant in an eliptical orbit passing by the orbit of other planets would likely throw their orbits off at best. If there was an eliptically orbiting body, it would probably be the the desert planet, or Eve, though I assume that the Desert Planet is going to be most people's first interplanetary target, and as such will be like the moon and have a roughly circular orbit with zero inclination.