[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

Jettisoning the spent fuel tanks from the top of my lander. I think I put way too many separation motors on them.

Apoapsis was 23km. Low atmosphere density and gravity certainly didn't try to slow it down.

Audio sources:

Nova that is an awesome vid!!! I can't wait to try out these new parts on these new planets. This is going to be the best update yet. :):o

The audio in that vid was fitting too. Interesting that you found such a good match.

It looks like you vanillized some more mod parts, like the camera, the skinny radial engines, and maybe even the crew tank. :()

There seem to be bigger rocks, and this is obviously a new moon. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcited!

That new video looked interesting, the fuel tanks you launched looked eerily like a tricoupler with a fueltank at the top, with 3 of the low-altitude airbreathing engines connected.

Oh, and if you ever need to change a planet's orbit, say that, "The Kerbals found a huge resevoir of pure rocket fuel under the surface, the resulting explosion was so massive it changed the orbit of Planet"

Jettisoning the spent fuel tanks from the top of my lander. I think I put way too many separation motors on them.

Apoapsis was 23km. Low atmosphere density and gravity certainly didn't try to slow it down.

Audio sources:

I did something like that too, except I modified the decoupler CFG and crashed into the moon as soon as I launched. :)

When its temperature is twice as high as Kerbin or Mun?

Its orbit brings it closer to Kerbol than Kerbin or Mun does, it moves slow, rotates slow, so it has a lot of direct exposure to Kerbol for prolonged periods of time.

It shouldn't exist the way it does. Yet it's there.

If that green planet is a green gas giant, then it's a green gas giant.

This isn't our universe anyway, as it's been said before.

I simply don't like that argument.

I would much rather the KSP game world be based upon real-world physics, which we already have an understanding of and therefore can make somewhat accurate predictions about.

And anyway, the real solar system in my humble opinion is far grander and more interesting then any fictional system based on fictional physics.

I simply don't like that argument.

I would much rather the KSP game world be based upon real-world physics, which we already have an understanding of and therefore can make somewhat accurate predictions about.

And anyway, the real solar system in my humble opinion is far grander and more interesting then any fictional system based on fictional physics.

It IS based on real-world Physics, just not real-world Chemestry.

Are you implying that chemistry has nothing to do with physics?

Not at all, just saying that the coloration of things is usually determined by chemistry.

Wonder if there are any super secret hidden suprises waiting for us on those new Muns and Ploonets.

It IS based on real-world Physics ...

...but only up to a point. There is no normal matter in the real world which is as dense as Kerbin has to be in order to be so very small yet have such high surface gravity. The same applies to the Mun and Minmus as well. So it is clear that physics in the Kerbal universe is somewhat compromised in order to make a more enjoyable game.

If you all don't stop arguing about the physics of a solar system with planets a hundred times dense as our own, you don't get any more pictures! Or dessert!

Please sir, can I have some more...

To weigh in on the phyics debate...

KSP has always had comprimissed/sci-fi phyics, to make the game more accessable an fun.

Orbiter is the game of choics for pure realism... (Bored me to death after 20 minutes..)

If you all don't stop arguing about the physics of a solar system with planets a hundred times dense as our own, you don't get any more pictures! Or dessert!

Will the Kerbals be able to sample the dirt on each planet to determine what flavor of ice cream they taste closest to?

Comparing Orbiter to KSP is like comparing Bread and Butter, they are two completely different things, as someone said to me in one of my old threads(cant remember who it was)"The difference between good sci-fi and bad sci-fi is that good sci-fi can be easily explained"

Will the Kerbals be able to sample the dirt on each planet to determine what flavor of ice cream they taste closest to?

That gives me an idea! To keep with the realism-cartoony feel of KSP each planet is a different flavor of ice cream! And the gas giants are clouds of thick smoothies! When you can take samples on EVA's the Kerbal takes out an empty bucket of Ice Cream and fills it with the planet's sweet tasting soil!

Flavors: Mun = Rocky Road, Minmus = Mint, Eve = Raspberry, DesertPlanet = Strawberry, Meander = Kerbal Surprise (Ground up Kerbals :D)

Edited by swiftgates24

That gives me an idea! To keep with the realism-cartoony feel of KSP each planet is a different flavor of ice cream! And the gas giants are clouds of thick smoothies! When you can take samples on EVA's the Kerbal takes out an empty bucket of Ice Cream and fills it with the planet's sweet tasting soil!

Flavors: Mun = Rocky Road, Minmus = Mint, Eve = Raspberry, DesertPlanet = Strawberry, Meander = Kerbal Surprise (Ground up Kerbals :D)

Meander Green is Kerbals!

Hate to post again, (but three different people posted earlier and it was glossed over). Unless I'm missing something I can't see any of the other pictures Nova posted (Like of 'Meander', 'Eve', etc.).

It's showing up as blank, did he make his album private or unable to be viewed?

(It's sad hearing everyone say how awesome Meander and Eve looked when I haven't been able to look at the pictures yet =P)