[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

I\'m swithering as to whether or not I like the whole idea of planets at this point, since I always assumed they\'d come later in development. But who am I to complain? It\'ll be awesome!

Interesting question to the developers however: The new planned planets, will there be gas giants? I am aware that Mu\'s current terrain engine doesn\'t support gaseous planets, so is the headline \'planets\' subtitled \'terrain engine revision\' or will the planets stay solid, and the gas giants problem be resolved at a later date?

(I also do hope that the EVA control system is rectified, though. It\'s been the only thing I\'m not really content with from 0.16)

Our spacecraft are returning remarkable yet low-resolution images...

(No devblogs yet, that comes after the move to vBulletin)

photo.png

photo2.png

Don\'t you worry about planets, let me worry about blank!

Well, it\'s a rocky planet, has a moon, and has a smiley face on it if you look at it right. Also, it appears as though there is a bigger celestial body, seeing the ambient light below in picture 1. Could it be closer to Kerbol then Kerbin? If so, is that Kerbin in the background, not a moon? With out higher res, since the Kervoyager probe you sent was from WAY back right after the Great Kerbin War, I cannot analyze much further.

Guest butt head

Our spacecraft are returning remarkable yet low-resolution images...

(No devblogs yet, that comes after the move to vBulletin)

Don\'t you worry about planets, let me worry about blank!

can you define vBulletin google just made me more confused making me think it was a forum over hall not in game related

and i noticed you changed your avatar and personal text i like it

I suppose the ability to start a flight in orbit around these new planets might help, but does anyone else thing that its going to be mighty difficult to actually get to any of these new places?

edit: get to them in an efficient manner at least. After all you could just keep thrusting until your orbit crosses but it may take a lot more fuel.

I can\'t help myself, this is pure KSP pr0n

Center of mass, thrust, lift and drag visual cues on the construction scenes.

...save your own scenarios from your main game.

Many new planets and moons throughout the Kerbal Solar System.

time-warp mode where you can accelerate time to 2x, 3x and 4x

2x will be back, better then ever. ;P to the nay sayers.

Sure, i can wait a couple of months for all that.

And yeah, so. My question has been answered after all. 0.17 it is.

can you define vBulletin google just made me more confused making me think it was a forum over hall not in game related

and i noticed you changed your avatar and personal text i like it

We\'ll be moving the forums from Simple Machines to vBulletin, a paid forum software that is quite frankly better than the one we have now (even if I don\'t like the default color scheme and viewing methods and whatnot).

Center of mass, thrust, lift and drag visual cues on the construction scenes.

I think that may well be the feature I\'m most looking forward to from 0.17 so far.

I hope this all means 0.18 will have docking in it. I\'d love to assemble stations/deep space missions/surface bases from smaller sections.

I just hope it isn\'t a carbon copy of our Solar system. Please no Murs or Kupiter, be creative. (Though Kupiter is unlikely as a name since Nova hates the K names). I kinda hope they have more than 8 planets , I think twelve planets be a great amount if they make them relatively unique.

I just hope it isn\'t a carbon copy of our Solar system. Please no Murs or Kupiter, be creative. (Though Kupiter is unlikely as a name since Nova hates the K names). I kinda hope they have more than 8 planets , I think twelve planets be a great amount if they make them relatively unique.

It\'s likely to be very similar to our star system. I believe Harv has even stated this before. The familiarity with our own solar system will help people better understand what they are doing if the two systems have some resemblance. As for the names, it\'s unlikely to be a bunch of K themed names.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

The main idea is that the general layout will be the same (4 rocky planets, 4 gas giants with moons), but the appearance and content of all these planets is up in the air.

The main idea is that the general layout will be the same (4 rocky planets, 4 gas giants with moons), but the appearance and content of all these planets is up in the air.

What about kuiper-belt objects, sometime in the future? Would those be something you\'re planning on?

Planets aside, I am seriously exited for the CoG indicator and the scenario maker. Also, with physics timewarp, we can finally have at least some kind of docking. Ex. Grab with landing legs, physics timewarp, get it now?