[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

I think you\'re confusing the meaning there. I believe rkman is talking about the Kerbol system being a different one then ours.

You probably mean that\'s what kacperrutka26 means, and you\'re probably correct. My mistake.

Wow, thats actually a very long feature list for the next update. Yust wonder a bit that the docking isn\'t included. But i tought the features would be docking and IVA and thats it. But this list ist even better and way longer. But think this could take a bit longer to be finished.

To the red:

I like the last one most. :D

I am actualy more interested in the moon in the upper right of nova\'s third photo. Do you think the moons on these planets will be radically different to the Mun? Like Phobos, one of the moons of mars.

search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en&gl=uk&client=safari&tab=wi&q=Phobos&sa=N&biw=320&bih=416#i=2

We may actually need another magnitude time warp. I am sending and space craft to and 81,000,000 km Ap, which is actually Jupiter\'s orbit scaled to the Kerbol system. It\'s crawling along at Jupiter distance.

EDIT: Also we\'re going to need the ability to zoom out more. And a Kerbol-centered camera mode wouldn\'t hurt.

Lots of bright colours. ;)

I especially liked the first Red planet, with lander on platue, nice deep, loud red that gives the planet a sense of extreme heat an eariness to it.

Planet Request:

Can yous please make a planet thats like Pandora from Avatar.

Small habital Moon with blue ocean\'s, green vegitation, some high moutains, open plain\'s.

Thats orbiting a massive Blue Gas Giant (Polyphemus).

The idea I have is that astronaughts, land on Moon planet, an can look into the sky, an have this massive Blue Gas Giant fill the sky, day or night, once at the right allighnment, an if Jeb\'s particularily silly try orbiting the Gas Giant. - The ultimate Vista.

See Wiki for Gas Giant Details. @ http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Polyphemus

As always from great work Dev\'s...

Lots of bright colours. ;)

I especially liked the first Red planet, with lander on platue, nice deep, loud red that gives the planet a sense of extreme heat an eariness to it.

Planet Request:

Can yous please make a planet thats like Pandora from Avatar.

Small habital Moon with blue ocean\'s, green vegitation, some high moutains, open plain\'s.

Thats orbiting a massive Blue Gas Giant (Polyphemus).

The idea I have is that astronaughts, land on Moon planet, an can look into the sky, an have this massive Blue Gas Giant fill the sky, day or night, once at the right allighnment, an if Jeb\'s particularily silly try orbiting the Gas Giant. - The ultimate Vista.

See Wiki for Gas Giant Details. @ http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Polyphemus

As always from great work Dev\'s...

Good idea! I think Pandora would be good! Another planet with life maybe? That would make it good!

is not the problem with planets like this, when thay go behind the gas giant the tempricher drops to below freezing. its hard for life to evolve on a plant that goes from tropical to antarctic in les then a month?.

Space isn\'t a 2D plane guys, a planet in orbit around a gas giant may have sufficient inclination as to almost never come into its shadow. It\'s also worth noting that the orbital period of Callisto, which is sometimes cited as a target for human exploration of the Jovian system for the lesser radiation it receives, has an orbital period of 16 days, little of which is spent in Jupiter\'s shadow. Saying that a planet would become uninhabitable for passing behind its parent gas giant is like saying Earth should be uninhabitable because nighttime exists.

And come up with something more original than Pandora, please.

What about a lifeless system But signs of a interstellar ancient civilization from millions of yrs ago

And all this ancient tech they find about can only work as Jeb has some kinda ancient gene or somthing

You all know it was already said how Kerbol\'s system is going to be made.

The main idea is that the general layout will be the same (4 rocky planets, 4 gas giants with moons), but the appearance and content of all these planets is up in the air.

So bringing up concepts for bodies that we don\'t even have in a system that was already said to be close to the solar system is just silly.

is not the problem with planets like this, when thay go behind the gas giant the tempricher drops to below freezing. its hard for life to evolve on a plant that goes from tropical to antarctic in les then a month?.

Read the book Nemesis by Isaac Asimov. And no, it would not be impossible. Do you know the hardships that life has endured on this planet? How rapid evolution can be?

Will the in-cockpit view be part of a more general inside view?

Will we be able to walk around anywhere in a kerbal 1st person view?

Are you planning on using the catwalk on the launch tower to have the pilots walk into the cockpit before takeoff?

Guest butt head

i just though that then we are doing ivas will there be windows that we can use to look out side and will it be what is really out side or a back round image?

I liked the first red design, very foreign, the updated color looks abit like brown earth soil.

I suppose you don\'t realize this but the 2nd red is much more what Mars looks like. Mars is a rusty brown, not brick red.

i just though that then we are doing ivas will there be windows that we can use to look out side and will it be what is really out side or a back round image?

I think the view out the windows is supposed to be the actual rendered image that you would see from the windows. Don\'t quote me on it though, I\'m not 100% sure.

If the internal views are implemented as part of the habitat capsules themselves (which seems to be the case) based on that post in '.16 easter eggs,' it seems to me it would be redundant to paint a background texture on the windows when you\'re still operating within the actual game scene. I don\'t know either, though.

If the internal views are implemented as part of the habitat capsules themselves (which seems to be the case) based on that post in '.16 easter eggs,' it seems to me it would be redundant to paint a background texture on the windows when you\'re still operating within the actual game scene. I don\'t know either, though.

That\'S not entirely correct. Though I\'m not able to find the post, I remember HarveserteR stated that the cockpit interiors are not located in the actual world space but you will be able to see through windows through some kind of \'game camera magic\'.

That\'S not entirely correct. Though I\'m not able to find the post, I remember HarveserteR stated that the cockpit interiors are not located in the actual world space but you will be able to see through windows through some kind of \'game camera magic\'.

Hmm, yes, most intriguing.

That makes sense, they would render what\'s seen around the pod first, then overlay a separate rendering of the pod interior (rendered from a separate set of game dimensions) onto that, so out of the windows you could see what\'s in space.

Off-screen render-buffer = magic :D

Something I\'d like to see in 0.17\'s planets is more interesting landscapes.

Currently we pretty much only have really soft, midly interesting hills.

Canyons, immense mountains, rivers, plateaus in extreme altitudes, please?