[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

Swiftgates, having a gas giant crossing the orbital path of any existing planet makes no sense. Plus, what if somebody hits time warp long enough to the point where they would collide? How would the game handle that? They should stay in circular orbits like our solar system has. (Pluto does not count as a planet)

Zoom out on the picture, or try standing back from your monitor and squinting. Left half looks like a planet, top right quarter looks like a ship/lander and a moon right above it. Bottom right quarter has me pretty confused though. Two white streaks that seem out of position to be engine exhaust, though that is the most likely explaination I suppose which means I don't know what the white is in the top right.

It's very obvious that this means docking will be implemented in 0.17 along with rovers, satellites, and deployable space ninjas that destroy aliens on-site. Why are there no aliens you ask? Ninjas must be doing their job.

Upon further looking of this image, it strangely reminds me of the scene in Star Wars Episode 1 when the party is on their way the Naboo capital in their underwater speeder. The thing on the left looks like jaws to me and the right a kind of underwater craft. Maybe a oceanic planet that lets you submerse yourself with space planes?

Just a bit of an update: I've modified the solid booster balance a bit. The stock solid booster was using its old values, while the new one was using a different scale system. I increased the larger one's scale up a bit, and increased the mass and dry mass of the smaller one. It shouldn't feel like a feather anymore.

Edit: Also, your guesses as to the final transmission have been wrong so far. Except one.

Just a bit of an update: I've modified the solid booster balance a bit. The stock solid booster was using its old values, while the new one was using a different scale system. I increased the larger one's scale up a bit, and increased the mass and dry mass of the smaller one. It shouldn't feel like a feather anymore.

Edit: Also, your guesses as to the final transmission have been wrong so far. Except one.

I wonder if it's an Asteroid then heading for a planet!

attachment.php?attachmentid=30804&d=1344237858

The rover! :D

This was on IRC earlier today, and Nova actually said explicitly that mod parts were used to do this. So no confirmation of rover parts or skycranes in stock, guys.

Lionhead Aerospace Inc. is proud to see its rover landing on this new planet. I want to come back from holydays to update my Prometheus Solar Rover mod quickly.

Thank you for these wonderfull screenshots.

If you want to try this rover, go check on my page mod: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/12106-0-16-Lionhead-Aerospace-Inc-Solar-Rover-v3-6-New-update-01-08

Edited by Yogui87

Does the winner get a prize? I want there to be a prize. Can there be a prize? :3