[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

[23:24] <ddavis425> http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=17563.msg256814#msg256814

[23:24] <barie> looks liek a space-bug :P

[23:24] <ddavis425> Picture of a new moon

[23:25] <DYJ> looks like the same planet as the last pic

[23:25] <ddavis425> It is, but look at the moon

[23:25] <ddavis425> Also, the lander has a new part on the bottom I think

[23:25] <r4m0n> you assume it is a moon

[23:25] <barie> do the outward pointing engines help with landing?

[23:26] <DYJ> nope, but I guess Nova realised the large lander engine is terrible :P

[23:26] <ddavis425> lol

[23:26] <barie> xD

[23:26] <r4m0n> is he using 2 pods?

[23:26] <ddavis425> ?

Nova likes to confuse us all ;P

It looks a little too red.

I agree, although patchy surface colour variation from the red shown there to something like this

mars-surface.jpg

would be a good idea. I doubt any planet\'s uniform in colour on every spot on its surface.

Nice ... ! Looks like the desert planet has a giant moon, or its very close.

A giant and close moon. :D Nova said the planet and moon are tidally locked in an old post IIRC. That should make traveling between the two easy at least.

What a beautiful place to crash into...

Nova, Des looks marvelous, the moon sells it. Reminds me of the Sahara. I like the deep red, makes it look mysterious and untamed.

A giant and close moon. :D Nova said the planet and moon are tidally locked in an old post IIRC. That should make traveling between the two easy at least.

Ah, got it: the presented pics are probably taken from the Mars-equivalent; red surface, thin atmosphere, and indeed the extremely large and tidally locked moon nearby ... !

Comparison of the appearent sizes of the Mun from Kerbin orbit (left) and the unknown moon from the unknown planet ...

29qei46.jpg

wow! especially as this red planet seems smaller that kerbin, that moon\'s going to seem huge! Awesome!

Here\'s an updated color:

APevv.png

Bit more mars-like, but still vibrant.

Nice. I want to ask you two questions; 1) Will we ever get the RCS part from the C7 Aerospace Pack for orbital spaceplanes? 2) Will we get an RCS tank with .17 for the 3-manned CM?

How you are going to handle Gas giants? The interior is a problem... Also, will you add a 'pressure' Element? Like, fuel tank - 'pressure resistance: 100 pressure' and implement it to atmospheres?

I was under the impression that a terrain engine overhaul was necessary for gas giants... Unless they\'ve found a workaround of some kind. Or actually overhauled the terrain engine. Who knows?

Also, that new red looks awesome, much more desolate than before, I say. I\'m thinking, if this is what\'s happening just after the announcement of 0.17, what can we expect in future? Great things, that\'s what! Keep up the awesome work!

Nice. I want to ask you two questions; 1) Will we ever get the RCS part from the C7 Aerospace Pack for orbital spaceplanes? 2) Will we get an RCS tank with .17 for the 3-manned CM?

In the previous pictures, the lander has a RCS tank for the 3 man one. At least, it looks like it could be that as it seems like a new piece, and the staging at the side contains an RCS fuel tank.

Here\'s an updated color:

Bit more mars-like, but still vibrant.

I\'d say something in between this one and the extreme red might look good (I kinda liked the red one, though it is a bit too red at the same time =P).