KSP part dimensions

astroadrian99

Good afternoon guys, I'm attempting to get my Level 2 certification in High Power Rocketry and I am attempting to make a scale model of info of my KSP rockets that I use for satellites. Anyways, to do this, I need a few dimensions that I seem to not find anywhere. I know the tanks diameter but that's it (except for the FL-T800 Tank). Can anyone help? I need the height of the TR-18A Stack Decoupler, the Mainsail Engine, the Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank, the Rockomax Brand Adapter, the AE-FF2 Airstream Protective Shell and the Advance in line Stabilizer.

I also need the dimensions (not just the height) for the Delta-Deluxe Winglet. 

Thank you so much.

5 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Well, for some parts (like the orange tank) you can put that in the editor (nothing else) and open up the engineer's report tab, and you get the height, width and length of the part. Hope that helps :) 

That works for nearly all parts. And for those that won't, simply add them to a part with known dimensions and subtract.

Another option is to use KVV to create a 'blueprint'. Calculate the scale from known parts and do the maths.

Edited by Tex_NL

Another thing you can do, for parts like fuel tanks that have a connection node on top and bottom in the VAB:  The XYZ coordinates of the connector nodes are in the config file, not in the model.  So if you just open up the config, and take the difference in Y coordinate between the top and bottom connector node, that'll get you the height.

@astroadrian99 You could also give this single part "mod" a try...
Dont worry that its old, or that the thread title says KSP v0.20.x ... This thing works in EVERY version of KSP... and altho every pic shows it in the flight screen, its actually most useful right in the editor (SPH/VAB)

I added a current download link in the last post

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.