Unity and KSP Part Tools issue, has this happened to you?

steedcrugeon

So whilst trying to put together some new model for a current mod I opened the project in unity (5.4.1) which I had built the entire mod in originally only to find tat the 'Part Tools' in the inspector is broken. I have no function for the KSP Part Tools (script) no option to set 'game data directory', no option to 'write', Nothing!

The little expand arrow expands nothing, there is no option. As you can imagine I find this concerning as presently I can creating no new models as a result.

So far I have tried:

1.  Re-installing the latest PartTools (both onto my machine and into the project).
  2. Restarting my machine (numerous times!) un-installing and re-installing my current version of Unity (5.4.1)
  3. Installing the latest version of Unity (5.5.1) and importing the project there.

The result is the same; my KSP part tools script in the inspector has no functions/options.

I have google'd and scoured the site and I can't see any solutions, any clues?

Just to understand, do you see the PartTools folder in your Assets (under Unity/YourProject)? It happened to me once that I started a new project, did everything but still not see any PartTools object in my project. I had to manually copy the PartTools folder from another project, and the issue disappeared.

6 hours ago, VikingStormtrooper said:

Just to understand, do you see the PartTools folder in your Assets (under Unity/YourProject)? It happened to me once that I started a new project, did everything but still not see any PartTools object in my project. I had to manually copy the PartTools folder from another project, and the issue disappeared.

PartTools is present in the Assets folder. I even removed it and put it back to see if it would make a difference (and then repeated this process after having re-downloaded the latest PartTools to see if I had corrupted it or something).

No prob. Remember you do need this to play many mods... the reason this occurs is because there is an empty cfg file in CRP. If you just remove this cfg file, everything will be fine (you'll be able to load PartTools and run KSP+mods properly). 

25 minutes ago, Nertea said:

No prob. Remember you do need this to play many mods... the reason this occurs is because there is an empty cfg file in CRP. If you just remove this cfg file, everything will be fine (you'll be able to load PartTools and run KSP+mods properly). 

Have done this now as removing the CRP does funny things in the VAB when another mod requires it. The actual file to be remove (the blank one) is the config file called 'AsteroidScanner'.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

I'm actually having the same problem, and I know this is old, but I'm seriously having issues. What does an empty config file look like?

I would assume that it would be a .cfg file with a file length of zero bytes. It could also mean a .cfg without any defining statements, only remarks, but I wouldn't consider that truly "empty."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.